Eon freephone number, is there one?

Robert2009
Robert2009 Posts: 342 Forumite
To an Eon rep

I notice that the CS phone number is an 0845 number which Virgin charge the earth for:eek:

Also 16p for a 1 sec call, I hate BTs answer call back whatever it is called when the number is engaged, and my sister wonders why I never call her:rotfl:

Why should I pay if she is on the phone:(?

Anyway back on subject.

Is there an 0800 number I can call about an account query?

Email is not an option.

Thanks, Rob

Comments

• KimYeovil
    KimYeovil Posts: 6,156 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Why are you so special? Why do you think an occasional phone call should be paid through fuel charges rather than directly through your telephone bill? Use your provider of choice, Virgin, and pay the fees they demand and stop being weird.

Or write a letter.

Or walk to a call box.

Or use a mobile.
  • goodybags
    goodybags Posts: 118 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    you could try take a look on
    www.saynoto0870.com
    :money:
  • ANGLICANPAT
    ANGLICANPAT Posts: 1,444 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    The account query may well be caused by an Eon error so why shouldnt the other person speak to them for free if there IS a freephone number -- the OP is only asking.
  • Ypaymore
    Ypaymore Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    Search at http://saynoto0870.com/search.php and your find some Eon Freephone Numbers.

Suggest to your sister she gets a answering machine and drops BT Callminder.;)

Consider using 18185 via their 0808 freephone number for cheaper calls from Virgin Media including 0845.:)

http://www.18185.co.uk/mobilerates.php
  • gerrardfan
    gerrardfan Posts: 35 Forumite
    use the following - 0800 0510760 - its the number for new customers but anyone can phone it.

just say you have an enquiry and ask to be put through to the right dept.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Robert2009 wrote: »
    To an Eon rep

I notice that the CS phone number is an 0845 number which Virgin charge the earth for:eek:

Is there an 0800 number I can call about an account query?

Email is not an option.

Thanks, Rob

Hi Rob

There are many different numbers for the various departments that deal with E.ON queries. Some are freephone, some are not.

If you drop an email to the address in my Profile with details of your query, I will see what is available.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • lemontart
    lemontart Posts: 6,037 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    try 0800 363 363
    I am responsible me, myself and I alone I am not the keeper others thoughts and words.
  • MEMBER02
    MEMBER02 Posts: 811 Forumite
    I m in the process of switching from edf to eon fix online 8,having been with edf i have to admit their cs was excellent but the winner for me was they use 0800 numbers not rip off 0845/0844 like eon!!! these 0845 type numbers generate income for the company meaning the consumer is paying a additional cost on the price of the call which goes to the company you are calling(see say no to 0870)iam with virgin who charge about 10p per minute for these calls(dont be fooled by cs staff telling you they are a local charged call,they are not they are a type of premium priced number)anyway i have found some 0800 numbers which i intend to use until eon decide to block them and make us use the 0845 number.beware of these 0844/0845/0871 numbers.:mad:
  • MEMBER02
    MEMBER02 Posts: 811 Forumite
    edited 26 June 2010 at 8:31PM
    KimYeovil wrote: »
    Why are you so special? Why do you think an occasional phone call should be paid through fuel charges rather than directly through your telephone bill? Use your provider of choice, Virgin, and pay the fees they demand and stop being weird.

Or write a letter.

Or walk to a call box.

Or use a mobile.[/QUOTE
    What a horrible reply!!!!!!! if eon used 01/02 geographical numbers i would slightly agree with you,but they use 0845 numbers which the op will be charged a premium to call this number,why should the op pay for the call and pay eon a percentage(hidden in cost of the expensive per minute cost) on top of the call cost to speak to THEIR customer services,go to the website say no to 0870 and find out about 0845/0844 numbers also known as non geographical numbers,then you might sympasise with the people that have to use them.p.s why dont you call a 0845/44 number on youre mobile and see what you will be charged,and it will not be included in youre inclusive minutes!!
  • I tried all this morning to enter my meter readings online and by phone no joy, found my way here and used the 0800 number spoke a a rep explained etc. he took my readings job done. Thanks for the info.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure