Thursday 29th December - What Small DFW Things Will You Do Today??!!

2»

Comments

• lika_86
    lika_86 Posts: 1,770 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I got an email this morning to say that my application for a 0% balance transfer card has been approved with a credit limit of £5,300 so when I get that through I will transfer my Barclaycard debt onto there and then I can start using the money I would have spent on paying back the Barclaycard to get rid of my Halifax overdraft which isn't too bad at the moment because I don't actually get into the interest bearing bit each month until a week before payday when my rent comes out of my account, but it would still be nice to get rid of. Once I've reduced my Halifax overdraft to £300 then all of my debt will be interest free which would be really nice and will really help me get rid of it as soon as possible.
  • Today I have
    Checked bank accounts
    Taken 2 extras off our phone contract therefore saving £4.74 per month!
    And Im not finished yet!
  • Pernicious
    Pernicious Posts: 1,786 Forumite
    edited 29 December 2011 at 10:27PM
    Hello everyone,

DNMS - Thanks for starting us off, enjoy your spa day you lucky thing!
    Welshwoofer - I don't dare weigh myself yet...I am planning on doing a "juice detox" in January which should help me to drop 7lbs as well so good luck to us both!!
    Wannabee - Hope you feel better now. I am not planning a single thing for New years day as I reckon NYE is going to be messy!
    Janey - I was like that but have perked up a bit now, take some time out for yourself it really helped me.

So it was the first day back at work for me, not bad as we got to leave at 4pm instead of 5pm, which doesn't sound like much but meant I avoided traffic & had some more time to myself, which is priceless these days! I expect the same will happen tomorrow so yay :)

Today I have/will:-

• [STRIKE]Food from stores[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Leftovers for lunch[/STRIKE] - This was so filling I think I'll have just a cheese toastie for dinner, cheap & cheerful!
    • [STRIKE]Charge phone via pc[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Make use of free water at work[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Buy half price xmas cards for next year in the sale[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Buy a better than half price diary from the works to try out Zepsgal's idea[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Pay cheques & cash recieved at xmas into bank[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Check for surveys[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Enter comps[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Check online banking - check if refund has gone through[/STRIKE] - It has :D
    • [STRIKE]Get OH to transfer money owed to joint account[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Try & keep the heating on low[/STRIKE]
    • Write email of complaint to the company who did the make up course
    • Write email of complaint to Sky
    • Check out this week's flylady thread & do something!
    • Go through wardrobe to get rid of 1 item for every new item I have bought in the sales - I want my wardrobe to only be full of items that fit & look good on me!
    • [STRIKE]Create a meal plan for next month[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Get organised for 2012 & start writing important dates etc into diary & calendar[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Read Martin's email[/STRIKE] - Signed up for Krispy kreme voucher
    Have a great, MSE day everyone x
    :idea:Debt at July 2012: £12,862.57 :eek:
    :dance:Current Debt: £0 :j
    100% paid off!
    :think: Savings Goal for November 2016: £5000 :cool:
    :D Current Savings: £1176.24 _party_
    23.52% Saved!
  • niksyg
    niksyg Posts: 678 Forumite
    Hello!

I have meal planned for the next 2 weeks using only what we have got in stock.
    Checked online banking.
    Been accepted for a loan to pay off car finance which is half the apr of car finance so will save over £1000 in interest.
    Leftovers for dinner.
    Declined an offer of going bowling to stay in and not spend.
    Took advantage of a freebie graze box code.

Have a good evening all!
    Clearing debt to save for a simple wedding.
    Starting 2016 With debt of £7700
  • Hello all :-)

Lots of people doing well today!

I did well - I went to Winchester to meet a friend for shopping. I parked in a residential street and walked into town to save the parking! It's about a 10 min walk so not bad. I bought nothing all afternoon and still had a good time! Hurrah :-)
    £18,000 loan from my parents used to pay off all credit cards and overdraft
    Paying back £500 p/m starting Jan 2012
    Current amount owed: [STRIKE]£18,000 £17,500, £17'000 [/STRIKE] £16,500

:T Facing up to my debt :T
  • morning determined

today is my last day off grr

i spent tuesday doing my yearly budget omg!!!

it was a big eye opener thinking of doing some full and final payments has any one done this would love to here the highs and lows

todays todo
    a little shopping
    loads ironing
    vist mum and dad
    drop rota in at work
    check the car
    alittle chill time lol

have a great day xxxx

hi managed to get everything but done sadly no ironing done hehe
    debt total £71k AGE 47 TRY TO BE DEBT FREE BY 50

• Morning :wave: happy Thursday :D for those of you working, I hope its a peaceful & speedy day!

I'm off to a spa with one of my friends today :T (voucher bought in Nov off of lastminute sale) and am having either a massage or a facial - they couldn't do 2 massages so need to thrash it out with my friend!- paid for with money oh owes me for xmas :T

other than that
    • [STRIKE]checked banking x2[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]make butternut squash soup for us before we go[/STRIKE] made pea & mint as bought some reduced mint for 32p, froze some (mint & have 2 portions of soup left ;)
    • [STRIKE]go through fridge/cupboard ensure what needs using up is used![/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]brekkie, lunch & dinner from stores - dinner is enchilladas using LO beef from boxing day & reduced torillas mmmmm[/STRIKE]
    • check tyre pressure if I'm driving friend drove so will do this tomorrow or Sat
    • [STRIKE]other than massage & a drink spend no other money (I have £28 in my purse and am determined that this should last me into the new year!)[/STRIKE] massage was £18.75 & 2 coffees were £5.75 so the day out cost me nothing technically as oh owed me £25
    • [STRIKE]return library book & renew others[/STRIKE] 45p fines :o
    • [STRIKE]call CB re payment not going in this month...[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]collect post from old house[/STRIKE]

ok I think thats all I have to do. Happy Thursday guys :D

wow very impressed with my efforts today! As well as the above I also:
    *bought some reduced casserole beef - I will make 2 portions out of what I have and freeze when we get back
    *bought some reduced mangos, milk & salad
    *diverted my friend away from eating out she was dead set but I wanted to use up my leftovers! really glad I did too as dinner was delish!
    *made some irish cream :T

I will also read martin's email & look up something to use LO sour cream tomorrow
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills