Asda asessment Online

Comments

• vinuela13
    vinuela13 Posts: 186 Forumite
    edited 18 September 2011 at 1:19PM
    My son( who I consider to be quite bright) did the online test, failed it and was told in an email not to apply again for six months.He was gutted.At our local Asda they I know of a couple of staff who you certainly wouldn't want to employ but hey ho there they are.Beggars belief!!!
    I thought that I would apply for a part time checkout operator position.Went online yesterday did the online assessment which probably took me about 30mins submitted it, logged in later on in the day and noticed that my application had been unsuccessful.
    I answered the questions honestly and to the best of my ability so would love to know where I went wrong.
    I consider myself to have a reasonable intelligence having 2 professional qualifications Registered Nurse & Registered Midwife so I also think that I have good people skills, honesty,integrity, diplomacy and reliability.Obviously Asda disagree
  • fourcorners
    fourcorners Posts: 7 Forumite
    edited 18 September 2011 at 1:59PM
    Has anyone had any feedback from Asda as to why they were rejected?
  • Has anyone had any feedback from Asda as to why they were rejected?
    I don't think they offer any feedback!!
  • bignred05
    bignred05 Posts: 1,209 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    diddlyidi wrote: »
    My son( who I consider to be quite bright) did the online test, failed it and was told in an email not to apply again for six months.He was gutted.At our local Asda they I know of a couple of staff who you certainly wouldn't want to employ but hey ho there they are.Beggars belief!!!
    I thought that I would apply for a part time checkout operator position.Went online yesterday did the online assessment which probably took me about 30mins submitted it, logged in later on in the day and noticed that my application had been unsuccessful.
    I answered the questions honestly and to the best of my ability so would love to know where I went wrong.
    I consider myself to have a reasonable intelligence having 2 professional qualifications Registered Nurse & Registered Midwife so I also think that I have good people skills, honesty,integrity, diplomacy and reliability.Obviously Asda disagree

The D/W applied for Asda last Sept/Oct, failed the online assessment, however has applied several times this year (from May onwards) yet keeps getting blocked by the mysterious "ASDA 6 month rule" have tried to applied again in July & Aug yet still get the standard 6 month reply

have tried to email Asda to query this, can't get a reply, despite getting an email to say I would

have tried to phone as well, still awaiting a call back

so frustrating :mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • Furny
    Furny Posts: 846 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Yes I also failed the online test & was told not to apply for 6months it was only for through the night shift stacking shelves what kind of person exactly do they want for that job:mad:.My friend reckoned it's because I'd been honest & put my Higher Education qualifications on the form & that probably instantly ruled me out of getting such a job!.:eek:
  • I suspect if they do offer feedback, it would only be after the assessment as so many people, it seems, take the online test it would be too difficult to do in terms of numbers. Hope everyone gets at least an answer, though, and the right one!
  • tori.k
    tori.k Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    If it makes anyone feel a bit better,out of curiosity i filled in a online application...i "failed" the online assessment...which is most strange as take a guess who my employer is :D
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Has anyone had any feedback from Asda as to why they were rejected?

long time then,

no feedback is given,
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Furny wrote: »
    Yes I also failed the online test & was told not to apply for 6months it was only for through the night shift stacking shelves what kind of person exactly do they want for that job:mad:.My friend reckoned it's because I'd been honest & put my Higher Education qualifications on the form & that probably instantly ruled me out of getting such a job!.:eek:

i did the same well i put my courses i did at college a si was being honest but i put them on my sainsburys application and im back working for them,
  • vinuela13
    vinuela13 Posts: 186 Forumite
    tori.k wrote: »
    If it makes anyone feel a bit better,out of curiosity i filled in a online application...i "failed" the online assessment...which is most strange as take a guess who my employer is :D
    Unbelievable.What on earth is going on
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport