Anyone else having problems with Barclays online banking this morning?

Comments

• I have been trying for 4 hours to make a few payments from my business account. I too keep getting kicked out saying that I have been inactive for 10 minutes just after I log in. It is rubbish!
  • mluton
    mluton Posts: 796
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    It was very slow for me, but I'm able to get on.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I can't log in to phone banking either.
  • parajba
    parajba Posts: 11 Forumite
    This is absolutely unacceptable! I thought I was the only one having problems, or that perhaps was the server at work / network etc. But I know realised it's the Barclays online portal then!
    This is not the first time that it happens, it happened already SEVERAL times i.e. 7 or 8 in recent months. I tried since this morning and I still can't log on. It is no 5pm. This is serious DOWNTIME for a business.

Time to switch to a better bank for me, enough of this RUBBISH.

And yep, don't bother calling the customer service as they don't really speak English. You will get even angrier :mad:
  • tesuhoha
    tesuhoha Posts: 17,971
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Fixed now.
    The forest would be very silent if no birds sang except for the birds that sang the best

• pelirocco
    pelirocco Posts: 8,274
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I have been trying for 4 hours to make a few payments from my business account. I too keep getting kicked out saying that I have been inactive for 10 minutes just after I log in. It is rubbish!

Same here , although sometimes says Ive been inactive when trying to log in ! and other times that I have pressed the back button . It has happened before , I think its because its the last working day of the month
    Vuja De - the feeling you'll be here later
  • sfb350
    sfb350 Posts: 3 Newbie
    I agree - I suspect that it is because it is the last working day of the month AND a Friday.

I don't use Barclays for personal banking but I do for work and have had similar problems in previous months when I've been needing to pay the wages by BACs. This month, as a precaution, I set up the wages payments yesterday to ensure everyone got paid on time! I'm glad I did as I must have tried 30 times to log in, without success. I managed one payment and then got a time-out error. If I hadn't planned ahead, it could have caused problems not just for my employers but for all the staff who have regular payments going out on the 1st of each month.

I really do think it is unacceptable - surely they have the capability to cope with the extra volume of usage on the last working day of any month? It's not as if it is unexpected.

Hazel
  • I can't believe they have launched a new website without completely checking it , I have been trying all day to make transfers , access accounts etcThen it took me 22minutes to get through to the call centre only to be told it should be working in an hour , which it isn't
    They are also claiming only 10% of customers are affected , although how they are supposed to know that figure when they can"t even sort the problem out makes their claim highly debatable

Whoever is responsible for this debacle and the pathetic response to the problem should lose their job
  • can't log in to Internet Banking and getting no help from Barclays 'help line' they advised me that the best number to ring to deal with the problem of not connecting to the site was 0800 151 617! which is the number for Barclays travel insurance. Come on Barclays get your act together!
  • I've been having trouble ever since they "updated" their website to a "We think you are Idiots" format, where by there are big buttons, drop down tab menus, bold writing everywhere & everything takes ages to load.
    This is because Text doesn't need to load as much data as silly big baby Blocks with words on them.

What makes it worse is that I phoned them to enquire as to their pithy excuse for this move, & I got the age-old clich! of getting through to a girl whose first language is not English. Then she put me on hold without letting choose not to, & transferred me to their Online team! Which is just a joke.. You just listen to a loop of un-favoured music for as long as you can take it! At which point I gave up!
    I've gone down this route before & know for a fact that no one ever gets anywhere, your complaint never gets noted, & the person speaking to you is more concerned about when lunch break is than your stress of using their online.. Well, I can hardly call them facilities.

Barclays don't care about customers. Only money.
    I hate these call centres, as they give us no respect. It's designed with dead ends at every turn, stupid long ques, people you can barely understand, & if you are lucky enough to get one of their local welsh staff - they are reading from a script anyway. I may as well just talk to my dog!

Now that's off my chest, I'm off to do more important things than wait for a multi-million pound banks website to load. And to think we bailed these idiots out!
    :mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport