Spam calls from 07953 966066

Options

Comments

• OldGreyFox
    OldGreyFox Posts: 1,403 Forumite
    edited 9 September 2012 at 6:58PM
    Options
    mixie wrote: »
    My mobile is 02, so it works with that network as well, probably all of them!

Yes texts sent to landlines from O2,Vodafone,Orange and 3 mobiles etc etc would be delivered in same way.

07953966066 is the dedicated T-Mob one.( I think Virgin Mobile use it as well).

0800 587 5252 (is normally only the text message options line for BT,eg texts from other BT Landlines) – you must dial this from the landline you want to stop receiving text messages on,other communications providers also offer text to speech services. Suggest you ring the number left on Caller Display or 1471 to identify the number to call to cancel other providers' Text to Speech services."
  • mixie
    Options
    OldGreyFox wrote: »

07953966066 is the dedicated T-Mob one.( I think Virgin Mobile use it as well).
    0800 587 5252 (is normally only the text message options line for BT,eg texts from other BT Landlines)."

Ah, I am still getting them from 07953966066 even after using 0800 587 5252 to stop. Thank you for your explanation as to why.
    Nothing is ever easy is it :(
  • Beefheart
    Beefheart Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 15 October 2012 at 12:06PM
    Options
    Having received a number of messages I have checked it back to source and there is definitely nothing sinister. As others have suggested it is the T-Mobile text to land line messaging service.

My calls were triggered when a friend of my son used the house number rather than my son's mobile (annoying at 2am but that's teenagers for you).

You can safely call 07953966066 and won't be passed to chat lines. Once through you can listen to the calls and phone the caller back to find out who made them. There will almost certainly be an innocent explanation.

Absolutely no need to cancel text to speech services. They can prove very useful when your mobile fails.
  • malcolmchisholm
    Options
    I received such a call today at 3:50 pm. It was someone quoting poetry but the electronic voice was difficult to understand. I called 07953 966066 and selected the "no more calls" option, option 3.

Let's hope it works!

Best wishes,

Malcolm Chisholm
  • danjourno
    danjourno Posts: 79 Forumite
    Options
    Just received a call from [FONT=&quot]07953966066 with an automated message asking me to call back to retrieve a message.

I assumed it was a premium rate number and didn't bother calling it.
    [/FONT]
  • Buzby
    Buzby Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Options
    That assumption was wrong then - it's a standard mobile number!
  • mar7t1n
    mar7t1n Posts: 106 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    This number just rings and rings and rings, and when you answer it there's nobody there. I'm not going to be calling a mobile back to find out what idiot wants to sell me rubbish. Come to think of it when BT's callerID free for a year runs out, I don't think I'll bother answering it at all because on the whole it's mostly rubbish.
  • bubblesbonbon
    Options
    Works a treat even with overseas calls. If it isn't preprogrammed with a rogue number, press the tit and no more calls.
    At £32 not very money saving but goes a long way to saving your sanity.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/CPR-Global-CPR106-All-in-One-Blocker/dp/B004BTVQ5E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389336764&sr=8-1&keywords=cpr+call+blocker
    "It's nice to be important but more important to be nice"

John Templeton 1912-2008
  • maturelearner
    Options
    Just thought I'd add my "Yes, it's T-Mobile's text message to automated voice service for landlines.

My daughter's 9 year old friend was texting at 10.03pm on a school night to our landline, but that's another story. :shocked:
  • The_Zone
    Options
    So much misinformation about this Virgin SMS to landline voice text message " The number 07953 966066 is not a hoax or a scam but the mobile number the message came from could be friend or foe"

Your message is merely a text message sent to your landline and converted to speech but because it is text-speech (Electronic Voice) often the message is garbled and not always easy to understand because people who send text messages typically abbreviate (shorten) words using "Text Speak", the automated service reads whatever the sender typed!. The Mobile telephone number the message came from could be a friend or relative etc. unfortunately the service is open to abuse.. (It could possibly be from someone trying to sell you something, It could also be a text sent to the wrong number) so if you don't recognise the mobile number just search for it and make your own informed decision to either respond or not... “Bare in mind the message is often genuine but not always”

But 07953 966066 in itself is not a hoax number!.. I received around 7 or 8 perfectly genuine messages from friends which I ignored until a friend asked me why I didn’t reply to the message!..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure