Turkey Crowns??

Hello all, was wondering if anyone knew the cheapest place i can get my hands on one please?? Last year Morrissons had them on offer for £8 and i was hoping they might do the same this year but as yet nothing!! Has anybody seen any deals on their travels? TIA :)

Comments

• Lugh_Chronain
    Lugh_Chronain Posts: 6,867
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 9 December 2011 at 9:44AM
    ASDA Extra Large Turkey Crown £8.48/kg. The price mentioned is the price per kg and the price you pay will depend on the weight of the turkey. The weight band for this Turkey is between 3.5kg - 5.5kg.

Bernard Matthews Mini Turkey Crown (Approx 1.1Kg) £9 (£8.18/Kg) at Sainsbury's.

And Aldi were also doing turkey crowns a couple of weeks ago for £9.99 (1.8kg-2.4kg, £4.16-£5.55 per kg).
  • mrskaz
    mrskaz Posts: 109 Forumite
    Thank you so much for this info :) Wish I'f known about the Aldi crowns earlier! Never mind I'll pop in this afternoon-i may get lucky ;)
  • LADY_A
    LADY_A Posts: 188
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Anyone found any cheap turkey crowns:rotfl::rotfl:
  • Click here then click on fresh meat.

Hope that helps.
  • £7.89 PER kG in Aldi today http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/special_buys3_22518.htm
    I think Morrisons are £8.99 per Kg,im going to use my free Morrisons £25 voucher to buy mine.
    Slimming World..Wk1,..STS,..Wk2,..-2LB,..Wk3,..-3.5lb,..Wk4,..-2.5,..Wk5,..-1/2lb,Wk6,..STS,..Wk7,..-1lb.
    Week 10,total weightloss is now 13.5lbs Week 11 STSweek 14(I think)..-2, total loss now 1 stone exactly
    GOT TO TARGET..1/2lb under now weigh 10st 6.5(lost 1st 3.5lbs)
  • Costco were £7.99 per Kg but they are pretty big.
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,380
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    Lidl have them from tomorrow (Tues 20th) @ £7.89 per kg (1.2 to 2.2 kg)
  • Try your local butcher and ask how much their turkeys are, ask how much their whole turkeys are as well. I think I've got this right: £7.89/kg is approximate £3.57/lb. You never know, your butcher may sell turkeys cheaper.

Also, a frozen turkey might work out cheaper for some as well.
  • We always go to Bury market on Christmas eve where you can get them half price as they don't want to be left with them. I paid £10 last year for a huge one but sorry I can;t remember the weight but it was huge and was originally £20 which was already good value being on the market.
  • emmamed
    emmamed Posts: 813
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    you could buy a turkey breast joint instead, we've had this last year and i got 2 sat in freezer for this year
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure