1p and 2p supermarket bargains

Comments

• lindos90
    lindos90 Posts: 3,208 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    In Sainsburys Market in Victoria they had Jelly Belly jelly beans reduced from £16.49 per kg to 10p per kg but they'd all gone :(

may I ask if these were loose pick and mix type? (as you say they are per KG) I can only find small bags of them.
  • funnyguy
    funnyguy Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    buy one smartie in the pick and mix section for 1p
  • Are these only in specific cities and towns or are they likely to be nationwide?

Also will they be labelled at 1p/2p or will I have to wait until I get to the self scan?
  • Forgetful
    Forgetful Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    well its not put on a plate for u to buy...u need to do some hunting around!!
  • great thread

got x4 union jack flags - 3ft, in sainsburys small store, near westbourne park station in london
  • Do they have the reduced to clear labels on the shelf or do we have to wait til we get to the till to see if it worked? :)
  • lindos90 wrote: »
    may I ask if these were loose pick and mix type? (as you say they are per KG) I can only find small bags of them.

Yes they were, I can only assume they're getting rid of it altogether?
    Gutted I'd missed it, could've filled a bag for what would've cost about 6p!
  • oh dear come back after a weekend away and discover this!!
  • telboyo
    telboyo Posts: 410 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    When I worked in ASDA we were not allowed to put anything on the shelf that scanned at 2p. THis means it is withdrawn from sale for whatever reason.

Clearance stock in B&Q is refered to as penny stock or zero price items these items are removedfrom the shelves but can be sold by local management.
    HTH
  • Deb_S_2
    Deb_S_2 Posts: 560 Forumite
    No signs of the deals in Asda Cdf Bay. Items mentioned not even on shelf
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business