£49.99 Soup Maker Robert Dyas

hi, i have been after one of these for ages but really don't fancy spending £100 plus.

What do you think
http://www.robertdyas.co.uk/P~153043~American-Originals-Stainless-Steel-Soup-Maker

The top lifts off and its like a kettle fitting with a long chopping spinner bit.

It looks very like the morphy richards one. Now if i can track down a fiver voucher for robert dyas i had the other week. Looks like a total bargain to me.

lakeland are giving out voucher books with any purchase at the moment that have £15 of the Morphy Richards one if you prefer a known brand. As well as lots of other vouchers.

On quidco if you buy online.

Comments

• Maysie
    Maysie Posts: 2,379 Forumite
    saucepans don't chop and cook at the same time?
  • Maysie wrote: »
    hi, i have been after one of these for ages but really don't fancy spending £100 plus.

What do you think
    http://www.robertdyas.co.uk/P~153043~American-Originals-Stainless-Steel-Soup-Maker

The top lifts off and its like a kettle fitting with a long chopping spinner bit.

It looks very like the morphy richards one. Now if i can track down a fiver voucher for robert dyas i had the other week. Looks like a total bargain to me.

lakeland are giving out voucher books with any purchase at the moment that have £15 of the Morphy Richards one if you prefer a known brand. As well as lots of other vouchers.

On quidco if you buy online.

Looks good to me for that price. I made some homemade soup the other day and what a faff.
    Hopeless by name, hopeless by nature.
  • rovgers
    rovgers Posts: 78 Forumite
    edited 12 October 2011 at 8:03PM
    You don't need to spend that much, all you need is a pan and a hand blender. I made some leek and potato soup today with not a lot of effort.

After looking at the product, there's more effort needed to clean the item after using!
  • moonshine
    moonshine Posts: 815 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    rovgers wrote: »
    You don't need to spend that much, all you need is a pan and a hand blender. I made some leek and potato soup today with not a lot of effort.

absolutely agree with that. Soup is the easiest thing to make and you don't need special equipment to do it :)
  • Lotus-eater
    Lotus-eater Posts: 10,789 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Looks good to me for that price. I made some homemade soup the other day and what a faff.
    faff?

You stick it all in and blend it with a hand blender!

Umm, as the 2 above said :D
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
  • I've made soup recently by just throwing all the ingredients in the slow cooker and then when its ready blending in food processor when its finished. Its easy.
  • squigs
    squigs Posts: 3,241 Forumite
    Chop, chop, in the pan, simmer, blend, serve. Simples!!!:):)
    N1LDA:D
  • beachie
    beachie Posts: 463 Forumite
    Complete waste of time in my opinion - just another Gadget to have around the house taking up space.
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]Jan 11 - £91830 [/STRIKE][STRIKE] Jan 12 - £89'199[/STRIKE] May 14 - £69'999 Car Loan: [STRIKE]Jan 11 - £3658 [/STRIKE] July 12 - £0! Credit Card: [STRIKE] Jan 11 - £3300 Jan 12 - £2250 [/STRIKE] Oct 13 - £0

MFiT-T3:#43 (Half Mortgage) April 13 - £10719/£42875 (25.00%)
  • victory
    victory Posts: 16,188 Forumite
    Too expensive as the above posters say, it is easy enough to make soup:D
    misspiggy wrote: »
    I'm sure you're an angel in disguise Victory :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure