Window Quote by Anglia First Home Improvement - help please

Comments

• They advertise that they have a customer care policy, bit of a joke really as on 18th August the handle on the kitchen window failed to engage, which of course meant that it did not close, my 86 year old mother is a bit deaf, was worried that "someone could get in" & also that not securing the window would invalidate the house insurance - so slept at the kitchen table, when I rang them on the morning of 19th to ask for an engineer to attend, I was informed that someone would come on 16th september. When I asked if my mother was expected to sleep at the kitchen table till then, and not leave the house either I was told that they were not concerned where she slept - it was not their problem. How Customer caring is that. I rang a loca locksmith who arrived within the hour, fixed the problem and had his bill paid and had left 15 minutes later. I did e-mail & write to the norwich office, - have i had a letter of reply! no, would I ever use this firm again No.

star.jpgstar.jpgstar.jpgstar.jpgstar.jpg katiekarr at 29th Aug 2010, 04:54PM

What ever you do do not use these guys,

We had 9 windows and 2 patios doors "installed". Neither or the patio doors were installed properly with the first floor door having a 1 inch hole underneath it - and this for 8 weeks from december to february. eventually, after much beating they came to fix the patio doors - and screwed it up again.

Nearly 12 months on and we still dont have the job completed, with the doors locks being faulty leaving my family and property at risk

There is practically no customers service, their record keeping is a joke so please do ALL your communicating in writing and take down the names of people that you talk to and confirm everything in writing.

We've had letters from them threatening legal action against us, and they have told blatant lies in writing.

Forget FENSA, they are are a nonsense with no teeth and no desire to upset their members. Technically they just say yes the company complies with the law - well I should bloody well think so - WE SHOULDNT NEED FENSA.

We are now in the process of sueing the company.

Do not use them
    star.jpgstar.jpgstar.jpgstar.jpgstar.jpgdroxford at 13th Aug 2010, 07:50PM
    I thought Anglian Windows had stepped up their Customer Care After Sales Service? I had windows put in in 2003 and have had black fungus in 2004, 2005 2006 2007 Finally I went legal and they had to put right the three windows that were not sealed properly. As part of the legal agreement, I got an extended 10 year guarantee. The windows have been okay up until now and one of the windows needs seeing to. I am told they do not cover black fungus/mould but I have only got the mould becuase the windows dont fit. now starting a battel royal again re visits out of office hours! God help me I should have gone to the local one man glazing company like my neighbour - they have had no problems
    star.jpgstar.jpgstar.jpgstar.jpgstar.jpgDGirling at 25th Jan 2010, 01:19PM

WARNING - BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY.

I used to work to work for Anglian's Tolworth Office (in Surrey), as did a number of people I know.

I can't comment for all branches, but the way the Tolworth & surrounding area are run is not customer focused.

Examples.

If you give Anglian your phone number they will never get rid of it no matter how many time you ask (even if you are TPS). So expect to get lots of calls.

At Tolworth the showroom manager is a bully so don't expect a resonable conversation with him. Sales people are encouraged to stay in the house til the deal is done. 4 hours is not uncommon.

They will not come to your house unless you & your partner are in. This is because they haven't come to quote, they have come to close the deal.

If you raise an objection over price expect 2 - 3 calls to the showroom manager to get a better deal.

Also when things do go wrong you will be given an 0800 number to get matters resolved, but don't hold your breath. I have come across a large number of customers who have had disputes running for more than a year.

These are the main issues but there are many more.

The product is good but very expensive. If you do choose to go with Anglian never buy on the day as they will call you again to get another chance to do the deal.

FOREWARNED IS FOREARMED

star.jpgstar.jpgstar.jpgstar.jpgstar.jpg chelseapete at 21st Nov 2009, 12:46PM
    I wouldn't touch this company with a 10ft barge pole. After 8 years of gradual deterioration the conservatory roof began to leak. It probably wouldn't have been much of a job if Anglian had dealt with it when it was first reported, but they used all sorts of stalling tactics to try to avoid carrying out the repairs under guarantee.

Once the conservatory was more than 10 years old, they were more than happy to come out to repair it - at a price! We 'persuaded' them that it would be in their best interests to carry out the repairs to the faults, which were reported within the guarantee period, and the repairs were duly carried out about 6 months ago.

The roof is now leaking again, and is outside Anglian's 30 DAY guarantee period for repairs. They have offered to repair the repairs for £204 (£102 per fitter, and they need 2 for 'elfn safety' - one to foot the ladder, which will already be footed against an adjacent wall!)

Will we pay them repair the repairs? What do you think?

Use a local builder!!
    star.jpgstar.jpgstar.jpgstar.jpgstar.jpg Goodandbad at 15th Oct 2009, 12:16PM

Do not even think about buying windows from this company. I've just moved into a house with Anglian windows. The windows do not fit into the frame when shut so there is a constant gale blowing through them. They are out of guarantee, but are only just over ten years old. The company will send an engineer out at a cost of £102 plus cost of spares. They say that the windows can "drop" over time. I've never known this with any reputable double glazing. It sounds to me like they have engineered in a fault to ensure they get ongoing income from customers who need to have them regularly adjusted. And of course they won't tell the customer how to adjust them.
    The company has also shut both its branches in my area so there's no-one you can go and talk to face to face. Only a call centre reading from a script. Take my advice, always use a local company and make sure they are proud of their work and will at least send out an engineer free of charge to assess any problem that may arise in the future.
    star.jpgstar.jpgstar.jpgstar.jpgstar.jpg PeteHA3 at 7th Sep 2009, 12:54PM
    Here is my experience with Anglian. We asked them and other windows companies for a quote to replace all our windows. We found one good quality company with good reputation and furthermore recommended by friends, which can do the job for £3800 and with A-rated windows.
    Now this is what we got from Anglian rep and manager: original quote (normal price): £13,000 for B-rated windows, but their rep told us on the first day that we could get it for approx. £7000 if we signed immediately, which we obviously refused knowing that the company recommended to us was only £3800.
    Then we got a call from their manager saying that they could do a very special price just for us at £3840, isn't it funny as we told them about our previous quote?! We agreed but asked for their rep to come and discuss as we still had to express few concerns about the windows first proposed. After another hour with their rep, we agreed to make what I consider minor changes to the windows, i.e. having a smaller opening and a dummy panel instead, but then their rep said that frames are expensive and instead of his manager promised price of £3840, the best he could do was £5500!!!
    What a waste of time, and as many people said here, how can you trust a company that goes from £13000 to £3840 and for minor changes bring the price back to £5500?!

Last point, I called their manager yesterday to ask if their special and limited offer for the door was still valid (i.e. £399 as told by their rep several times), and then he asked me which price the rep gave me (meaning apparently he is not aware of their special deals), and when I told him he declined it saying this was only in conjunction with the windows. Another indication to me that they promise a lot but effectively you end up paying full price.
    My advice here: if you want to pay top price for good quality (not top of range because only B-rated) windows, contact them otherwise buy somewhere else.
    Nicolas
    star.jpgstar.jpgstar.jpgstar.jpgstar.jpg Nicogaga at 24th Jun 2009, 08:36AM

need three replacement windows in my sitting room and decided to go for three quotes. The first company came and gave a quote for £2600 which I judged to be right for 3 PVC replacement sash windows.

I had specifically asked Anglian over the telephone for quick quote. The salesman would not go and everytime I asked for a price he went on and on about their bloody fantastic product complete with window demonstration, telling me how burglars could easily get into other windows. After two hours he sat down and gave me a quote for £5300 which I said was totally out of the question.

The salesman said he could do a deal and came down to £4320 which I said was still too much.

He then said that he could bring the price down to £3999 if I would sign on that day. I said that I wanted to think about it but he wasn't having it. I know about the seven day cooling off period. I am a woman living on my own and so agreed to sign so he would go. I gave him a £49 cheque (which seems to be common). Told him I would pay the balance on a credit card on which I had a 10 month interest free period.

He told me that I did not want to pay by card(?? - I did) and he would sign me up for this brilliant finance deal. I just signed.

When he went I read through the small print and realised the whole thing was a ripoff. He would obviously get commission on the windows and credit agreement.

I rang in the evening to cancel and he said I should think about it???

So I rang the next day to confirm my cancellation, rang the local office as well.

They came back with an offer of around £2900. By this time I would not have had the windows if they had offered them free. How can they go from £5300 to £2900? The local office were really agressive when I refused.

In the end I contacted The National Replacement Window Service - reputable - have top quality windows - no salesman commission - quote £2600 which included all the extras that Anglian would have charged an additional £500 for.
    0800-0285809
    star.jpgstar.jpgstar.jpgstar.jpgstar.jpg neednewwindows at 20th Apr 2009, 09:43AM
  • Anglian was a Mistake. (194 words)
    by AnglianCustomer - written on 26/10/11 (Somewhat useful, 23 readings)
    Rating:

I don't know why I didn't read reviews before deciding to go with anglian. We wanted a conservatory so we chose anglian (BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER!) They mis-matched the bricks and said they were never contracted to get the exact match for the bricks. The builders destroyed the turf in our garden and said the grass would grow back. We ... Read the complete review
    pp_default_2-l.jpg
    Express Review on Anglian
    by AnnoyedAnglian - written on 19/09/11
    Rating:
    I also have had a recent incident with Anglian Home Improvements. Mis-sold and misrepresented. Like many people you go to Anglian due to a perception of peace of mind and security. There advertising provides the reassurance you need. My story sadly is similiar to many below and like many others I am totally gutted and just cant belive I ...

pp_default_3-l.jpg
    Anglian: This company behaves "DISGUSTINGLY" don't go anywhere near t ... (387 words)
    by coopsthethird - written on 10/08/11 (Useful, 304 readings)
    Rating:
    I have had several dealings with 'Anglian Home Improvements' over the years, they use to be 'Anglian Windows' years ago. Firstly I had patio doors fitted with a piece missing, it took them 4 years of my complaints before they finally came and added the final piece. More recently I asked them for an estimate on my ... Read the complete review

pp_default_4-l.jpg
    Anglian told potential client that they were rude. (548 words)
    by Toad-Hall - written on 08/08/11 (Useful, 199 readings)
    Rating:
    I had booked Anglian windows to re-visit my home with a view to improving on a quote. I had never received any written confirmation of the original quote, so was interested to see what 'new' quote would be given as they said I would get a cheaper deal if I agreed to assisting their 'promotional' advertising with before and after photos. ... Read the complete review

pp_default_3-l.jpg
    Anglian: AVOID, AVOID....These are the real COWBOY builders (821 words)
    by Anglian_Sux - written on 23/07/11 (Very useful, 295 readings)
    Rating:
    I wrote a review last year (Anglian_Sucks was my profile name) and kept updating it because Anglian continued to !!!! up big time. In summary here is what happened: Conservatory built in around 2007. I could have written a review then but the salesman was a good chatty chap, but the minute he left my home with a signed ... Read the complete review

pp_default_2-l.jpg
    Awful, awful, awful... Don't go there (180 words)
    by lxdonogh - written on 22/05/11
    Rating:
    This company is disgraceful. Overpriced and with zero customer service. During the salesman's visit I completed a form only to be told some weeks later it was the wrong one. He sent me another form and I had to run around looking for a fax machine to send it back to him "that day or else". I didn't receive any paperwork, and ... Read the complete review

pp_default_5-l.jpg
    Anglian: Feel I've made a big mistake!! (235 words)
    by Julia Dennis - written on 21/04/11
    Rating:
    Just had three Anglian windows fitted at the front of my house. Was disappointed with the look of them - window catches look cheap and tacky compared with double glazing at rear of house by other firms and also there is a thick black rubber trim inside each window which looks unsightly. However - I thought it's done now - I'd better ... Read the complete review

pp_default_4-l.jpg
    by Old employee - written on 24/03/11
    Rating:
    I used to work for Anglian Home Improvements as a telemarketer. Our manager did nothing in terms of work, but here's an insight into what kind of practises Anglian thinks are acceptable behaviour from their managers:- Being drunk on the job;- Shouting racist abuse on the job;- Shouting that they'd "never hire a ...

pp_default_4-l.jpg
    Anglian: Coldcalling (164 words)
    by Clare Johnson - written on 23/02/11
    Rating:
    I'm just interested how Anglia Windows train the people they send out to knock on doors. Whilst I appreciate they are only trying to earn a living they seem completely stupid that they don't understand the words 'no thank you'. I had to repeat those words several times to one of their callers today and then when I started to lose it he ... Read the complete review

pp_default_5-l.jpg
    A DISHONEST COMPANY (230 words)
    by Anon - written on 21/02/11
    Rating:
    My elderly mother of 85 had a fall in her home and the front door had to be broken into by the ambulance people in order to get her up from the floor. Subsequently, my mother found she had trouble locking the door and called Anglian asking one of their representatives to call to see what could be done. In the event, she was sold not ... Read the complete review

pp_default_1-l.jpg
    by Jeremy - written on 18/02/11
    Rating:
    We were given a quote just before christmas that went down from £6k to £2995 wit the promise they would be fitted mid Jan. The surveyor finally came round three weeks ago after being badgered and we had a letter today saying they need a further £1800 as they cannot do the windows for that price. Awful sales practise and no customer ...

pp_default_1-l.jpg
    A Lucky Escape (202 words)
    by DollySparkle - written on 17/02/11 (Somewhat useful, 779 readings)
    Rating:
    Reading some of the reviews posted here, it seems that I've had a lucky escape!! My boyfriend and I needed new windows for our flat, the windows he had were single glazed and the wooden frames were rotten so I decided we were getting new windows once I moved in. I booked 3 appointment on the same day: Crystal Windows, Anglian ... Read the complete review

pp_default_5-l.jpg
    by peter - written on 12/02/11
    Rating:
    I have made umpteenth appointments with Anglian windows to provide with a quote for me windows and floors. We made so many appointments for far since last year and all he them failed to show. One quoted me £1500 per sq foot for a wooden floor and the other rang me 21 minutes before the appointed supposedly in Basingstoke to say she can't ...

pp_default_5-l.jpg
    Anglian,poor customer service-work not too higher standard e ... (234 words)
    by kevk - written on 26/01/11, updated on 27/01/11 (Somewhat useful, 302 readings)
    Rating:
    Had complete house re windowed by these people plus new porch in brick,not really impressed to be honest considering its total cost and the time it took,was told a 4 day fit,wound out to be 7 as the " fitting team" was...1 person,as nice a bloke as he was the tme fitting took too long in my book plus we have issues-a scratched ... Read the complete review

pp_default_1-l.jpg
    by Heather - written on 19/01/11
    Rating:
    Anglian Windows are the worst company that you should ever deal with, we had new windows and doors in, we were offered the gold card which we too up, as we thought this was a good option, we asked over the 10 years the full amount to pay, i quote FULL AMOUNT, they said 8.000 something, not 100 percent sure, this amount has now went up to ...

pp_default_4-l.jpg
    the anglian problem (164 words)
    by saintwithsinner - written on 11/01/11 (Somewhat useful, 375 readings)
    Rating:
    i hope someone out there is listenning. all my windows and doors are anglian all my problems are anglian beware of the sin of believing its a one off if they call again please do not do as i did and purchase a conservatory a year on they are unwilling to come back and view them the glazing federation are ... Read the complete review

pp_default_3-l.jpg
    Anglian: Good window BUT
    (262 words)
    by Dissappointed - written on 08/01/11
    Rating:
    Having had to put up with the salesman for over an hour, already knowing exactly what I wanted I waited with eager anticipation for the new windows to replace my old windows which were dire. The day came and I was surprised at the speed the team worked at and in a day 6 new windows were duly installed. It was late and getting dark when I ... Read the complete review

pp_default_3-l.jpg
    Terrible salesman (225 words)
    by Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaary - written on 04/01/11
    Rating:
    I spent 1 1/2 hours enduring a hard sell. Towards the end salesman told me that the price he was about to provide was only valid for that evening. When I retorted that as I intended to get at least a few more prices from competitors in order to be able to make a comparison and would therefore like a price to think about for a few day he ... Read the complete review

pp_default_5-l.jpg
    Anglian: ANGLIAN WINDOWS AND DOORS (183 words)
    by steve - written on 20/12/10
    Rating:
    I had windows and doors fitted by Anglian, they were very pushy and in the end i agreed. They were installed in June 2008 i've had to call them out on more than one occasion, the lastest was today 20th Dec 2010 as my front door won't lock, this has occurred in the past aswell, i can't lock my front door, i got the reply from them that ... Read the complete review

pp_default_5-l.jpg
    Still got a drafty house (356 words)
    by USC - written on 27/11/10
    Rating:
    We decided to replace our old street door and drafty sash windows with new ones from Anglian. The salesman was similar to what others have said, he would'nt leave for about 3 hours till he left with a deposit check that we could cancel if we did'nt want to go ahead. They always start with some rediculous figure like £12,000 that ... Read the complete review
  • Back later after work to continue the onslaught....
  • Anglian Home Improvements were the proud sponsors of this year's Ideal Home Show which was a 17 day extravaganza attracting thousands of spectators. It was packed with celebs, exhibitions and live demonstrations. It showcased the best of everything - from furnishings, to kitchens, to bathrooms, conservatories and gardens. They also sponsor drama on ITV3. Its own dramas? You couldn't make them up.
    In order to see this content you need to have both Javascript enabled and Flash installed. Visit BBC Webwise for full instructions. If you're reading via RSS, you'll need to visit the blog to access this content.

(Do you have something to say about this story? Tell us what you think by emailing us [EMAIL="watchdogwebteam@bbc.co.uk"]here[/EMAIL]. Don't forget to include 'Anglian' in the subject line. Watchdog will publish a selection of viewers' comments underneath each story, both throughout and after the programme is on air. Please remember to include your name as you would like to see it published).
    If you want to know more about a company, read their website. According to Anglian's they're the UK's Number One supplier of high quality home improvements. Their service is second to none, their quality unbeatable and their attention to detail 'truly impressive'. And, with over 40 years in the game, they're still 'raising the standard'.
    With such a build up we couldn't wait to see some of their work. And neither could Barry - he's had nearly 40 years experience in the game, his attention to detail is truly impressive and, as a Chartered Surveyor, he likes to think he's raising the standard too.
    Let's see what he'll make of Chris Hawthorn's conservatory. Anglian built and installed it four years ago at a cost of £14,000 but the result was far from ideal. Chris told Watchdog: "I first noticed that the conservatory was moving away from the house. The ridge had dropped by about 3 or 4 inches. We had specifically discussed at the design stage whether they would fit a tie bar and I was reassured that no tie bar would be required. I went on to measure the footing depth and this showed that the concrete was dug down to a depth of about 300mm and this is totally not what we had agreed." So, Chris wasn't impressed, but what about Barry? Barry told us: "This is structurally unstable. We need a minimum of a tie bar across the roof. What makes matters worse is that the foundation is totally inadequate. 300mm is simply not deep enough. We've got shrinkable clay subsoil which moves with the seasons, we need a minimum of a metre depth. So we have a serious structural problem with this conservatory".
    Anglian have now agreed to take the structure down, install a tie-bar and reinforce the foundations. But only after months of complaints and persuasion from Chris, who said: "Really I just wish they'd built it properly in the first place."
    We introduced Barry to the problems faced by some more Anglian customers. Remember the company's famous 'impressive attention to detail'? Well, for Audrey Howie's £20,000 conservatory, Anglian borrowed a manky old fence post from her garden to build it. Barry told us: "This is shocking. They've used an old piece of timber as an infill which will decay and leave a void and leave it structurally unsound." Anglian have since replaced the post. But Jane Coster's problems with the company have been going on for over two years. Leaking doors and poor plasterwork weren't really what she expected when she invited them in to her home. Barry told us: "You know this is a poor installation. It simply shouldn't leak. They've offered Jane additional work at reduced cost but if I were Jane I would be very wary about accepting it."
    Not much sign of Anglian's unbeatable quality there then. But what about one of their products which - they claim - is also the best on the market. Anglian's energy-saving thermal-efficient windows...
    They belong to Jo Poole, who bought them from Anglian in April 2009 at a cost of £2,878. Anglian promise to make their windows as 'individual as you are'. But Jo's simply didn't fit. Jo told Watchdog: "Anglian said there was nothing wrong with the windows but they actually move in the wind, at high winds the sound is ear splitting. They are just not safe to open. They are dangerous". Barry saw the windows and said: "I'm really concerned about this window arrangement. The whole window flexes to a point where rain will come in when the wind blows. And we've got another really, really serious problem. If we open the window, it is completely unrestricted, it can be opened to its fullest extent so that someone can easily fall out. They should have shown more professionalism in providing a design to suit the circumstances." Jo added: "Anglian say they are going to repair the windows. Am I going to be able to trust that? I don't really have a lot of faith with Anglian anymore."
    Barry told us what he thought of the work he'd seen so far: "Well, I think it's all pretty shocking really. They demonstrate a complete lack of care, poor workmanship, not something that I would expect in this trade."
    We also met Fran Heaton whose conservatory was built in July 2008 at a cost of £22,000. Fran told us about the problems she's had with it: "The roof is lower than the bar so the door doesn't open, the roof has leaked quite a lot and also the plasterwork which was redone is now all coming away. There are damp patches around the electricity sockets as well which is obviously quite dangerous." Despite the fact Anglian came to patch up some of the work - the problems have continued. Fran added: "Just over a year ago I actually just gave up completely. I just resigned myself to the fact that this is what I've got, a very expensive conservatory that just doesn't get used at all." Barry inspected the conservatory and told us: "Well it's a really shoddy structure. The conservatory's pulling away from the original building, the base is unstable and the whole thing just needs to be taken down and start again. This is negligent on the part of Anglian Home Improvements and I'm appalled by the quality."
    Appalled by the quality of what you've seen? So are we Barry... and so are the customers we've met. So what about Anglian themselves?

Anglian Home Improvements response:
    Quality and Customer service are incredibly important to us and we would like to whole-heartedly apologise to any customers we have disappointed.
    We currently have nearly 50,000 conservatories and over 400,000 window and door installations under guarantee across the UK and we honour each and every one of the commitments to those customers.
    We have fought hard for our strong reputation for Service and we continue to invest in it to ensure our customers receive the best possible Customer Care. We have clearly failed to do this with those customers you have featured on your programme this evening. We would like to stress however that prior to your notification of the issues we were already in the process of addressing the four cases we were aware of and are now in the process of addressing the fifth which you have brought to our attention. As each case is within the ten year guarantee period we will rectify any issues they have as we have always done throughout our 45 year history.
    Any customer wishing to contact us regarding their Anglian Home Improvement can call us on 0800 500 600. Lines are open tonight until 10 pm, alternatively please email customerservices@angliangroup.com
    (Issued 26th April 2011)

Watchdog Viewer Responses:
    We had new windows and doors by anglian in January 2006. We had a number of issues with their work - numerous broken tiles, broken windowsills, windows not locking/unlocking correctly the list goes on - and we are still to this day waiting for a customer service call back.
    I would never have Anglian to clean my windows let alone fit any others.

Claire, Cornwall

Anglian replaced our windows and doors several years ago and we had nothing but problems! We had to call them out on 3 seperate occasions so that they could fix mistakes they'd made. Windows wouldn't shut, and neither would the back door! They only came to resolve things when we complained to them formally.

Many years on and we've still got problems! A couple of our windows don't close properly any more and now our back door seems to be coming away! It seems like they've not improved! The fact that they have the audacity to say their quality is unbeatable and service second to none is laughable!

Laura Wallett
  • 11:52 19/04/06
    Anglian Windows icon_noquote.gif icon_quote.gif A while back we ordered some windows from Anglian. Subsequently we found subsidence in our property and both parties agreed to delay installation until the problem had been sorted out.

The original finance agreement that we signed lapsed and the salesman visited us to sign a new one. At the same time he asked us to sign a completion notice. we were concerned that this would mean that we would start paying for goods that we hadnt had. The salesman assured us that he could suspend payments until the problems with the subsidence had been resolved.

We were still concerned so he provided us with a letter on company headed paper saying that they would suspend the payments, so we signed.

However, payments did start leaving our account, we contacted the finance company and after investigations they agreed that the salesman should not have made these claims and have cancelled the agreement and returned all the payments to us.

Prior to and since the cancellation we have had various letters from Anglian making a variety of threats as to what would happen if we managed to cancel the agreement and other situations.

Now anglian are threatening to take us to court for breach of contract as we have not allowed them to instal the windows.

Basically it would not be reasonable for us to allow the windows to be fitted while the subsidence problems are being resolved as their guarantees dont cover damage by it.

Our method of payment has been cancelled due to the salesman making cliams that were not true.

We have suffered a variety of threats from Aglian which have all been found to be unfounded.

Has anyone else been in any situations simailar to this. Your comments would be greatly appreciated.
    • 47 of 47 Ciao users found the following review helpful
      space.gifDaylight Robbery, !!!!!! Turpin is still hard at it. 04/02/2008, by JeffFromPoole space.gif About the Author
      2420916.jpg
      space.gif JeffFromPoole
      Member since21/12/2005Reviews 192Members who trust 52

space.gif User doesn't recommend the product

space.gif Advantages Supply an invaluable service in releiving the unwary of their money
      space.gif Disadvantages Where do you want me to start?

2420916.jpg About the Author
      space.gifJeffFromPoole
      Member since21/12/2005Reviews 192Members who trust 52

Anglian Windows are a part of Anglian Home Improvements and should be avoided at all costs. As they are running another aggressive TV advertising campaign I thought that I should record my experiences of this dreadful company. Before I moved I needed to tidy up the old house which involved replacing the soffets and fascias in UPVC. I stupidly asked them to call and quote a price. They sent round a pimply faced youth in a badly fitting suit who ignored my request for him to measure up and quote and insisted on going through the full presentation, as taught to him at the National Annoying ... more

Detailed rating
      • After Sales Service
      • Quality
      • Service
    • 12 of 12 Ciao users found the following review helpful
      space.gifAnglian windows 28/11/2007, by kennyboy1962 space.gif About the Author
      no_pic_male_big.gif
      space.gif kennyboy1962
      Member since28/11/2007Reviews 1Members who trust 0

space.gif Advantages None
      space.gif Disadvantages expensive, pushy sales reps, bad fitters and pro quality window frames

no_pic_male_big.gif About the Author
      space.gifkennyboy1962
      Member since28/11/2007Reviews 1Members who trust 0

I had contacted Anglian windows in late 2000 for a quote. This was the start of the problems with them! I had made it very clear to him that the windows were an integral part of the structure of my property (being timber framed back and front) and that they would need to be strengthened to support both the upper and the roof. I was told this would not be a problem and they would be able to deal with this. Their rep spent three hours giving me the hard sell, telling me that I had to sign the order there and then to get the price that he had given me. Although the price that I was quoted of ... more

Detailed rating
      • After Sales Service
      • Quality
      • Service
    • 10 of 10 Ciao users found the following review helpful
      space.gifBEWARE of Anglian Home Improvements 05/07/2008, by Testmony space.gif About the Author
      no_pic_female_big.gif
      space.gif Testmony
      Member since05/07/2008Reviews 2Members who trust 0

space.gif Advantages Had a bad experience with them so sorry cannot state any advantages
      space.gif Disadvantages They use high pressure tactics, provide poor customer service and are not trustworthry

no_pic_female_big.gif About the Author
      space.gifTestmony
      Member since05/07/2008Reviews 2Members who trust 0

BEWARE of ANGLIAN Home Improvement! I have just had a very bad experience with this company. They use high pressure tactics, provide poor customer service and are not trustworthry Their salesman knocked on my door with offer of free quotation for windows, rooftrim and garage door. He qoted £27.5+K which was rejected. For a whole month was chased up by calls and further offers of initially £18K for the job (rejected) and subsequently after further calls and further offer of £14.5K I paid a deposit of £1450 (10%) and contracts signed. A date for 2 surveyors for windows and rooftrim was agreed ... more

Detailed rating
      • After Sales Service
      • Quality
      • Service
    • 15 of 15 Ciao users found the following review helpful
      space.gifGood windows, shame about the fitters! 19/01/2004, by Rainbow2911 space.gif About the Author
      no_pic_female_big.gif
      space.gif Rainbow2911
      Member since29/03/2003Reviews 16Members who trust 4

space.gif User recommends the product

space.gif Advantages Great quality windows
      space.gif Disadvantages Fitting can be poor, depending on subcontractor

space.gifRainbow2911
      Member since29/03/2003Reviews 16Members who trust 4

When we moved into our new house, one of the first things that needed doing was replacing the rotten windows with lovely shiny new double-glazed ones. Being a bit skint after buying a house, we tried to shop around for a good deal. We got quotes from a few companies and eventually decided on Anglian Windows. We got a very good deal from them, including a large show home discount. We were confident that the product would be good, as the in laws had had them fitted twice, and my df had once worked in the factory. I’ll warn you now this next part is a bit of a saga! The salesman firstly visited ... more

Detailed rating
      • After Sales Service
      • Quality
      • Service
    • 12 of 12 Ciao users found the following review helpful
      space.gifAnglian Windows 27/10/2008, by rugbyman1 space.gif About the Author
      no_pic_male_big.gif
      space.gif rugbyman1
      Member since27/10/2008Reviews 1Members who trust 0

space.gif Advantages good sales tactics
      space.gif Disadvantages very poor installation & after sales

space.gifrugbyman1
      Member since27/10/2008Reviews 1Members who trust 0

Anglian Windows should be avoid if do not want to pay over the odds and make endless complaints and surveyors fee and stress. I though the sales people gave a good product but let down by extremely poor windows installation and after sales service. The first installation all the windows were under sized . All the windows were under sized I could get my fingers in between the brick face and the windows frame.The top of the door I could put my hand through.The senior installation engineer said it was all was acceptableand with their quality control standard.I could not believe it for such a ... more

Detailed rating
      • After Sales Service
      • Quality
      • Service
    • 6 of 6 Ciao users found the following review helpful
      space.gifANGLIAN WINDOWS LTD - CUSTOMER SERVICE IS A JOKE! 10/11/2008, by snapdogs space.gif About the Author
      90629964.jpg
      space.gif snapdogs
      Member since14/10/2006Reviews 16Members who trust 0

space.gif Advantages NONE GO ELSEWHERE
      space.gif Disadvantages NONE IF YOU GO ELSEWHERE

90629964.jpg About the Author
      space.gifsnapdogs
      Member since14/10/2006Reviews 16Members who trust 0

Just had Anglian windows fitted... But have only paid them half of the bill because the work was not completed, they have one other window to fit.. Because we refused to pay we were threatened with them sending the fitters back into the house to remove the windows they had just fitted... I told the guy to grow up! He then threatened us with court if we did not pay them in full... they had not finished the job, according to our contract the money is paid after the job is complete... I refused to pay in full because between the salesman coming out and the survey we asked to have one window less ... more

Detailed rating
      • After Sales Service
      • Quality
      • Service
    • 42 of 45 Ciao users found the following review helpful
      space.gifAnglian Windows 05/05/2006, by fluffy20

space.gif Advantages Good quality product.
      space.gif Disadvantages Customer Service problems/high staff turnover

no_pic_female_small.gif
      Updated 23/8/06 Unbelievable but true, we still have no new back door lock, the incompetence goes on and on. AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!!!!!!!!! I see I wrote this (not very good) review about Anglian windows on 5th May. This has STILL NOT BEEN SORTED OUT !! We eventually got an engineer out last Thursday who took one look at the door and said he had the wrong part with him. My immediate reaction was to throw a wobbly but I thought the poor guy was going to break down in tears as he told me he had been working for the company 2 months, had 2 managers leave in that time and that office staff kept ... more

Detailed rating
      • After Sales Service
      • Quality
      • Service
    • 10 of 10 Ciao users found the following review helpful
      space.gifHow much are you willing to pay? 26/05/2004, by tinhead space.gif About the Author
      no_pic_male_big.gif
      space.gif tinhead
      Member since11/04/2004Reviews 30Members who trust 0

space.gif Advantages Quality Windows
      space.gif Disadvantages Expensive

space.giftinhead
      Member since11/04/2004Reviews 30Members who trust 0

Several years ago we were looking to replace our knackered timber framed windows with upvc double glazed units. To keep this review consise I will break down our experience of Anglican. Requirements White UPVC casement units with small andlarge opening casements with or without trickle vents. IMPORTANT: If you home suffers from condensation and black spot mould insist on trickle vents - they should be provided at no extra cost and will help alleviate the mould and condensation. VERY IMPORTANT: If you live in a ground floor flat your choice of window will very important. Ground floor flats are ... more

Detailed rating
      • After Sales Service
      • Quality
      • Service
    • 4 of 4 Ciao users found the following review helpful
      space.gifAnglian Windows quote AVOID THIS COMPANY 09/03/2007, by bagwoman space.gif About the Author
      no_pic_female_big.gif
      space.gif bagwoman
      Member since11/09/2003Reviews 1Members who trust 0

space.gif Advantages None
      space.gif Disadvantages Constantly ring you and never leave you alone, over inflated quote

space.gifbagwoman
      Member since11/09/2003Reviews 1Members who trust 0

Filled my details in on an online website. Within a few hours I was bombarded with calls. I arranged for someone to give me a quote-just a quick simple quote I thought! The salesman arrives and 2 hours later he quotes us £5800 for 6 windows and a front door. He tells us that he can only hold this price until the end of the month. He rings his boss and tells us that we are the first house in the area to contact Anglian. We received no written quote at all and this price was just scribbled on a scrap of paper. The salesman leaves. The next day he rings and says he can drop the price to £3900 ... more

Detailed rating
      • Quality
      • Service
    • 6 of 6 Ciao users found the following review helpful
      space.gifMrs G 16/09/2007, by MrsRG space.gif About the Author
      no_pic_female_big.gif
      space.gif MrsRG
      Member since16/09/2007Reviews 1Members who trust 0

space.gif Advantages None that I can think of
      space.gif Disadvantages Months of stress through disgusting customer service and shoddy workmanship

space.gifMrsRG

• Tink193 wrote: »
    My point exactly! Have you ever had anything from ourselves? I'm a young girl only just started working for the company! So why pick on me? I only stated a fact an my opinion, as many others have done on here. Is it do wrong to have an opinion that does t follow the trend on this page? Oh look, we're back to the school playground thing again.

Im in my forties and run a succesfull Limited company of my own - I don't do "school playground thing".

Please read some of the posts above - for your interest I would note the bits about high staff turnover.... I wish you luck but be prepared to look for a (ahem) real job
  • fivetide
    fivetide Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Plaster. Excellent cut and paste job and while Tink can't grasp the simple concept of not being allowed to promote a company on here or pretendign (initially) not to be from that firm when they are and how that immediately makes the company look in terms of brand....

Much of what you have quoted is for ANGLIAN

She works for ANGLIA FIRST

As they say on Watchdog, "not to be confused with other companies with similar names."

5t.
    What if there was no such thing as a rhetorical question?
  • fivetide wrote: »
    Plaster. Excellent cut and paste job and while Tink can't grasp the simple concept of not being allowed to promote a company on here or pretendign (initially) not to be from that firm when they are and how that immediately makes the company look in terms of brand....

Much of what you have quoted is for ANGLIAN

She works for ANGLIA FIRST

As they say on Watchdog, "not to be confused with other companies with similar names."

5t.

Its a good shout! :rotfl:Thanks for that.... This is how anoyed I get with Anglian!!!!! Just saw Ang..... and big red mist appears before me... Oh well at least you know not to use Anglian now :D
  • Anglia First Home Improvements are just as bad as Anglia windows etc - same tactics, same service.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback