Redundancy - Notice Pay Claim - RP2 W Form

Hi There,

I'm desperately trying to add up how much i will receive for my notice period and am not having much luck online. The company went on the 14th and i was paid by the administrators until the 19th.

I received the RP2 W form in the post yesterday.

it states that my statutory notice period is 20/01/2011 to 02/02/2011

I started my new job on the 01/02/2011, will i still get paid my notice period? Or will it be my notice period minus 2 days. OR WILL I LOSE OUT ALL TOGETHER?! Also is it gross or do they deduct tax and NI. and any ideas how long it takes to be paid?

It also asks why i didn't claim any benefits during this period, i didn't because i was looking for work. Will this affect it at all, it seems like a strange question to ask.

Thanks in advance for any help, i really need to work out a figure of what i will be receiving so i can sort out a budget for the next month or so.

Steve

Comments

• LittleVoice
    LittleVoice Posts: 8,975
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    bandit39 wrote: »
    It also asks why i didn't claim any benefits during this period, i didn't because i was looking for work. Will this affect it at all, it seems like a strange question to ask.

If you were looking for work, the benefit which should have been claimable by you was Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA). This is about mitigating your losses - that is reducing the effect of your not having your job.

It may be that you wouldn't have been entitled to JSA if you didn't have sufficient NI contributions in the relevant tax years but you could have registered if you were looking for full-time work.
  • i don't see why i need to explain why i didn't claim JSA for one week, i found a job almost immediately, and therefore didn't need to claim.

I just need to know how much of my notice period i will receive.
  • LittleVoice
    LittleVoice Posts: 8,975
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 7 February 2011 at 8:27PM
    Look at it from the point of the view of the people who will be paying you. You were without work for a week when you didn't have a job for one week and probably could have claimed JSA and the other reason for not claiming benefits was that you were in work and earning a salary.

So they want to know how much of your notice period you were actually without pay and therefore entitled to receive payment. To me it sounds like one week to be paid, less what you would have been entitled to for JSA. Plus the difference between your old pay and the new job pay for the remainder of the notice period - provided that the new pay is less than the old.
  • saverang
    saverang Posts: 87 Forumite
    I have just been through this myself and was entitled to 2 weeks notice. Although I am on maternity leave, they still knocked off just over £100 as they deemed me legible to have received JSA.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure