Cheap Airport Parking: West/SW England Airports Airport hints, tips and local parking

Former_MSE_Archna
Former_MSE_Archna Posts: 1,903
First Post
Forumite
edited 20 June 2023 at 3:36PM in Motoring
What’s this about? Parking at the airport can cost a fortune. Yet there are many ways to cut this cost. The first point of call is read the full Cheap Airport Parking guide. Then having found the cheapest it can find you, this discussion is specifically to talk about local parking and tips for

Cheap West / SW England Airport Parking

If you want to discuss airport parking in general please go to the Cheap Airport Parking Discussion.

If you’ve got a suggestion/tip

Simply click reply and add your suggestion, though its worth scanning down first to check it's not been duplicated.

Related Discussions Related MoneySaving Guides:

Travel Money
Car Hire
Flights
Package Holidays
Hotel Deals

Comments

• tomstickland
    tomstickland Posts: 19,538
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Bristol Airport:
    http://www.airporttavern.co.uk/

Free minibus from the parking just outside the airport to the terminal.
    Happy chappy
  • They have been around for ages. Recently moved to a new site south of the Airport. Good service, I have always found them reliable, and option for a car valet while you are away...

http://www.wcpbristolairportparking.com/
  • Curlytop_2
    Curlytop_2 Posts: 281 Forumite
    Anyone got any tips for Cardiff? Flying next week.
  • Amatrix
    Amatrix Posts: 14
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Another one for Bristol airport. I've used these folks before:

http://www.goblincombefarm.com/

It's a family run farm that have been doing parking at Bristol for 25 years, a nice bunch of people based in a lane round the back of the airport, with a nice and easy little online booking facility on the website. They offer a meet-n-greet service, and undercover parking too if you have a swanky car!!

If you're going away for the weekend you could be paying £30 or more for the "official" silver zone parking at the airport even with a discount (And last time I used this it took nearly an hour from parking up to getting into the airport terminal, despite them being next door!). By comparison I paid just £17 at Goblin Combe and it really was 10 minutes away.
  • Anyone know of outside parking near Exeter or Newquay airports, please?
  • Hello (first ever post!) heres my tip for parking at Bristol

personally I hate the Silver Zone car park (miles away, takes ages, have to hand over keys) and much prefer on-site (they call it long stay) - can literally walk to terminal in 4/5 mins - but its a bit dearer

So. . . join this travel rewards thing

http://www.bristolairport.co.uk/travelrewards.aspx

free (just id & password)

every month they email you a code which gives you (about 10%?) a discount
    which you enter on the website when booking, obviously

this makes the on-site parking about the same price as the dreaded Silver Zone (off-site) one

cheers!
  • Like Tom Strickland weve used the Airport Tavern which is good. however the 1st place we discovered, is at Coombe Garage Tel:07900492559. if you have an early flight they have accomodation at a nearby Golf Club. They, like the airport tavern, drop off and pick up in a minibus, and we are usually on the road back home well before those using the onsite parking (and its £25 for a week!!)

HAs ANYONE DISCOVERED SIMILAR FOR CARDIFF AIRPORT.

Cymru am Byth!!!!
  • We always use a parking company based at The Waggon & Horses they are about two minutes away, there website is:-www.bristolholidayairpark.co.uk.
  • I logged on and typing from memory(ha ha!) put in .co.uk instead of dot com.
    It comes up with a load of more expensive parking options and has nothing to do with the genuine .com site.so just beware.
    Amatrix wrote: »
    Another one for Bristol airport. I've used these folks before:

http://www.goblincombefarm.com/

It's a family run farm that have been doing parking at Bristol for 25 years, a nice bunch of people based in a lane round the back of the airport, with a nice and easy little online booking facility on the website. They offer a meet-n-greet service, and undercover parking too if you have a swanky car!!

If you're going away for the weekend you could be paying £30 or more for the "official" silver zone parking at the airport even with a discount (And last time I used this it took nearly an hour from parking up to getting into the airport terminal, despite them being next door!). By comparison I paid just £17 at Goblin Combe and it really was 10 minutes away.
  • Cardiff Airport parking - The Highwayman Inn do parking (www.highwayman-parking.com) which is only 5 mins away from the airport. Don't know how much it is as I've never used it - I live nearby - but the food and beer is good.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback