Free Unlock Codes for Nokia Phones

Browntoa
Browntoa Posts: 49,288
Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
Ambassador
We are starting a new thread as the old one was getting a bit long to read.

There are sites where you can do this for free online if you are happy to do it that way

http://unlock.nokiafree.org/

http://www.trycktill.com/eng/unlock_swe.asp ( just click on the English flag
to get the site in english )

download a free standalone software version, you pick the model of phone and it sets it up for you .

http://www.download.com/NokiaFREE-unlock-codes-calculator/3000-2641-10318195.html?part=dl-NokiaFREE&subj=dl&tag=button

PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE IS NO WAY TO UNLOCK THE NOKIA 6630+6680+7710+9500+9300+6620 , the only way to get it unlocked is to pay the Network ! . Any site that claims to unlock these is lying !! . The only equipment available at this time repairs the software on the phone, it cannot unlock it ( info still correct 07/10/05 )

Your IMEI number is obtained by entering *#06# into the phone

You need to enter the Network that the phone is locked to not the one you wish to use.

As a rule the code ending in +7# is the one to use in the U.K. if that one does not work then try the one ending +1#

You only get 5 attempts to unlock by code so if you get stuck please ask for help !! (it's not the end of the world if you use up your 5 tries, the phone will still work and can be unlocked by a shop/market or boot stallholder with the correct equipment for about £10)

if you feel unsure about getting the correct code then please feel free to send a private message to either myself or user Drahcir (just click on our names on the left of our posts to get the drop down menu with that option.

Unlock Instructions:

1. Only try the supplied code once

2. Take out the SIM card from the phone.(unless it is a Nokia 6230i, you need to put a sim card from another Network in that one before you enter the code...Drahcir reminds me !!)

3.Type in the generated code in the phone

(E.g) #pw+123456789101112+1#

the phone will then normally reboot itself and come back on at which point it is unlocked. Try with a simcard from another network and it should accept it.

You may be asked for the security code which is 12345 (or sometimes 00000) uless you changed it or "PIN code" if the sim card itself has a security code(normally a 4 digit code supplied with the sim card) .If you enter the wrong Sim PIN 10 times you will be asked for a PUK code which you need to get from the Network.

IF you cannot remember your security code this can be reset by a shop/market or boot stallholder with the correct equipment for about £5 to £10

Further Informational Instruction:

1. To show p in the phones display - just press * three times within two seconds.

2. To show w in the phones display - just press * four times within two seconds.

3. To show + in the phones display - just press * twice within two seconds.

For articles on unlocking and links to various bits of free software then go to www.unlockme.co.uk

***Edit by Board Guide, there is a closed thread here regarding the unlocking of other manufacturers' phones***

##### PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS TO UNLOCK OTHER MAKES OF MOBILES IN THIS THREAD...IF IT IS NOT LISTED IN THE THREAD ABOVE THEN YOUR PHONE NEEDS TO BE UNLOCKED IN A SHOP BY CABLE AND SERVICE EQUIPMENT FOR ABOUT £10 ##############
I'm a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Shopping and Freebies, Phones and TV and Over 50s boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing . All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Comments

• andy88_2
    andy88_2 Posts: 3,676
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Browntoa wrote:
    As a rule the code ending in +7# is the one to use in the U.K. if that one does not work then try the one ending +1#
    I unlocked a phone before I knew this advice, using the ...1#. Is there any further advantage to be gained by trying it with the ...7#?
  • Browntoa
    Ambassador
    code 7 removes all the locks, but code 1 may unlock it...which in your case it did
    I'm a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Shopping and Freebies, Phones and TV and Over 50s boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing . All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • lesley2004
    lesley2004 Posts: 296 Forumite
    trying to unlock 3410 which is currently on 02

?what is IMEI code. I have downloaded the a unlocking calculator but it asks for this number and I dont know what it is

Also when phone is switched on it is requesting a pin no, which my son changed and cant remember, how do I resolve this

Any help greatly appreciated
    Nice to save.
  • Browntoa
    Ambassador
    IMEI number is obtained by entering *#06# into the phone

If it is PIN not security code then it it is the default one with the sim card...normall in the welcome pack

default security code is 12345 normall or 00000
  • Hi, can anybody help with unlocking a Sagem MYX 5-2 (CURRENTLY LOCKED TO T-MOBILE)? Spoke to local independant shop but they suggested come back in a couple of weeks!
  • Browntoa
    Ambassador
    and this is a Nokia phone because ??????????

read the tread about Non-nokia phones
  • rapido
    rapido Posts: 392 Forumite
    Browntoa wrote:

I used this site for unlocking my old Nokias, but I have a friend with a newer model (3510i) and I understand that I need to use the DCT4 calculator, instead of the DCT3 one.

What's the GEN all about? And which one should I set it to? (New Griffin, asic6, etc).

Many thanks in advance,

-rapido
  • drahcir_2
    drahcir_2 Posts: 4,127
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    rapido wrote:
    I used this site for unlocking my old Nokias, but I have a friend with a newer model (3510i) and I understand that I need to use the DCT4 calculator, instead of the DCT3 one.

What's the GEN all about? And which one should I set it to? (New Griffin, asic6, etc).

Many thanks in advance,

-rapido
    3510i should be ok with gen v2 codes
  • aliciamoss
    aliciamoss Posts: 23
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    I hardlocked a nokia 3220 and thanks to browntoa, stopped wasting time and looked for someone to unlock it. Found someone local who did it for a fiver! Woohoo! Thanks for advice, and patience.
  • poshpix
    poshpix Posts: 8 Forumite
    PLEASE be kind, Browntoa!!!! I have read the threads (which are very very helpful) so I am very aware that unlocking the Nokia 6630 ain't easy... and has levels of complexity to it. Question is - is there any light at the end of the tunnel regarding this? Is it likely to be possible, and if so, will it be in months or years???
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure