TV License - How to find out license number and expiry date?

Does anyone have a geographical telephone number for them? I can't even find a number on their website but I used to pay it annually and they don't send a paper confirmation so I have nothing.

I know it is due up for renewal in a month or so. If I just ignore it will they send me a letter? Ideally I don't want to wait for this but I can't afford to call them as I bet it's an 0870 number!!!
Kavanne
Nuns! Nuns! Reverse!

'I do my job, do you do yours?'

Comments

• maninthestreet
    maninthestreet Posts: 16,127 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    If you can't afford the cost of an 0870 phone call, a TV licence is going to way beyond your means.
    "You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"
  • Simple ignore it, turn up the sound when corrie's on, eventually you'll hear a chap at the door:eek::eek:

another great money saving tip.
  • frugalmacdugal
    frugalmacdugal Posts: 10,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Hi,

have a look here, you can email them.
  • Kavanne
    Kavanne Posts: 5,093 Forumite
    If you can't afford the cost of an 0870 phone call, a TV licence is going to way beyond your means.

I have budgeted for tv license, I have not budgeted for spurious phone calls!!
    Kavanne
    Nuns! Nuns! Reverse!

• withabix
    withabix Posts: 9,508 Forumite
    edited 13 June 2009 at 8:18AM
    0870 numbers from landlines are free for a lot of people now on various call packages (BT).

Otherwise they are:

BT: 6p, Talk Talk 6p, Virgin 10p, Sky 10p

per minute.
    British Ex-pat in British Columbia!
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    They will always send you a letter when it's due. Always. They are relentless.

They send a reminder first ... and after the expiry date they assume you have one and send you letters to the effect of "It's an offence you know .... we're onto you ..... get one ....."
  • Kavanne
    Cheeky !!!!!!s!!

Just got a letter today saying they've been unable to take the payment (I cancelled the DD) Too bloody right. It doesn't expire til 30th August!! Why are they trying to take it now? Does anyone have a geographical number for them? I put it in saynoto0870 but nothing comes up :(
    Kavanne
    Nuns! Nuns! Reverse!

• derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Kavanne wrote: »
    Cheeky !!!!!!s!!

Just got a letter today saying they've been unable to take the payment (I cancelled the DD) Too bloody right. It doesn't expire til 30th August!! Why are they trying to take it now? Does anyone have a geographical number for them? I put it in saynoto0870 but nothing comes up :(

Put tvlicensing, (as is without spaces), into the "Company Name" box HERE you will find plenty of numbers.

This one works, I have just tried it; - 0800 0324690
    Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• Kavanne
    thanks, i guess it was just the number they put on the letter that didn't have an equivalents.
    Kavanne
    Nuns! Nuns! Reverse!

• Just log in to your online banking, the number shows up as a reference on your statements! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure