Free Wi-fi hotspots

hsbcarter_2
hsbcarter_2 Posts: 44 Forumite
edited 27 January 2016 at 11:36AM in Freebies (no spend required)
MSE Official Insert:

Check out our Free Wifi guide.

Back to the original post...

Here is a website that provides locations of free wi-fi hotspots for those with laptops and pda's who want free broadband access when out and about:

http://www.hotspot-locations.com/modules.php?name=HotSpots&op=hotspot_query&hsl_countryhs=2GB&hs_state=&hs_city=&hs_operator=&hsl_type=&hs_access_box=on&search=Search
threadbanner.gif

Comments

• MickKnipfler
    MickKnipfler Posts: 1,983 Forumite
    Very timely, thanks. I'm in Les Deux Alpes nextweek and was looking for a local hotspot....ooh err Mrs...
  • an0key
    an0key Posts: 93
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    It's good, but I know of 10's in my local area that aren't showing... so not sure how up-to-date it is...
    Smile... it's free
  • baz8755
    baz8755 Posts: 136
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Yep, I know of 3 or 4 in my street (perhaps people should learn about security :D )
  • an0key
    Forumite
    baz8755 wrote:
    Yep, I know of 3 or 4 in my street (perhaps people should learn about security :D )

haha there are too many around my area... I was talking about the legit ones
    Smile... it's free
  • ManAtHome
    ManAtHome Posts: 8,512
    Forumite
    Another one (dunno if it has any more hotspots listed): http://free-hotspot.com/
  • In my street my neighbours haven't heard about security either - does anyone know what the legal stance is on this e.g. I if connect to the internet using their "free" wireless access point am I breaking the law?
  • an0key
    Forumite
    super_star wrote:
    In my street my neighbours haven't heard about security either - does anyone know what the legal stance is on this e.g. I if connect to the internet using their "free" wireless access point am I breaking the law?

Well effectivly you are hacking... I heard from a techie @ work that if any authority needs to use it they can do you under the official secrets act... blah blah blah
    Smile... it's free
  • ManAtHome
    ManAtHome Posts: 8,512
    Forumite
    Someboday has already been done for it http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4721723.stm although he was sat outside in his car - harder to claim he accidentally connected..
  • Apparently the whole of Upper Street in Islington is now a hot spot, courtesy of Islington Council.
  • I read that Adelaide in South Australia have had the whole of their central business district made wi-fi. I'm only just getting it at my house!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure