Taken: Strollers and dison hover

Make £200 by end of January... £20.42/£200
    Grocery Challenge £200 pm Jan £0/£200
    January no spend days - 1/31
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    WANTED: Tefal Actifry
    Hi I am after a Tefal Actifry but budget doesn't stretch to a new one.
    If anyone has one they no longer want or use please let me know - I'm
    happy to collect

yep, I just happen to have a £200 gadget lying around unused!!
  • saver2000
    saver2000 Posts: 96 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Wanted to vent my annoyance at people actually offering junk. I replied to this add
    offered-various-toys, kids magazines, clothes, suitable for car boot.

Turned out to be a mouldy granny style shopping trolley, ripped and stained clothes (5 items) no toys, no magazines.
    The lot needed to be dumped and thats exactly what i did, some people really take the pee and expect a free dump service.

I couldn't give something that disgusting away- i made my dh clean the rabbit hutch we gave away the other week.

I hate it when I get something off ebay where it hasn't be cleaned up. I'm paying good money, the least they could do is give the items a quick clean.
    I always dust my items down and try to clean them up a bit.
    I bought a computer monitor on ebay once it was all covered in soil and fluff!
  • StaffsSW
    StaffsSW Posts: 5,788 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    cigarwife wrote: »
    :mad: At my wits end with local freecycle moderator, who insists on moderating everyones posts. I had sent a message practically begging her to post a TAKEN message (I had sent 4 in total, a further 2 after sending this email were also ignored but she doesnt have any problems posting anyone elses messages including another freecycler who constantly posts gushing about all the wonderful things she gets and how lovely all the freecyclers are, which is nice but blocks up all the offer/taken/wanteds).

This is the message I sent This was the reply from the mod:(, i didn't even know i was looking for those words to be honest

Why are so many FC mods jumped up little jobsworths with Napoleanic complex's? I have a very tenuous connection with Staffs Moorlands FC, but I keep getting complaints directed at me about the attitude of the mods. Saying that, some of the emails that get forwarded to me about him are comedy gold!

He checks people against the electoral role when they apply to join, and also searches for them on facebook etc to see if they are suitable to join. If he doesn't like your email address, you're barred, if you live on the wrong side of the street, you're barred, if you don't offer high enough quality items, you're barred, if you complain about anything... you get the idea.

And if he is really angry, you GET AN EMAIL IN BRIGHT RED CAPS TELLING YOU TO GROW UP!

And no doubt he will find this on Google, so hello Mr F :)
    <--- Nothing to see here - move along --->
  • dizziblonde
    dizziblonde Posts: 4,276 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Two wanteds in the same day from one person (a serial ridiculous wanter - get at least 4-5 a week from them):
    Wanted: Planters, plants/trees and water feature
    Wanted: Gas barbecue and garden furniture

... do you want us to come and Ground Force the garden up for you as well? I can't quite manage the whole Charlie Dimmock sex symbol thing.
    Little miracle born April 2012, 33 weeks gestation and a little toughie!
  • Amanita_2
    Amanita_2 Posts: 1,299 Forumite
    stevew8975 wrote: »

And if he is really angry, you GET AN EMAIL IN BRIGHT RED CAPS TELLING YOU TO GROW UP!

Hmmm - might try that one myself.
  • Too big to dispose of

Hi I am looking for a motorhome/camper van with a engine that works.

Does not matter the age or condition.
    Couldn't even be bothered to put Wanted in the title box let alone use manners :rotfl:
    Am not a total newbie, I lost my previous log in details after taking a very long break from this site :embarasse
  • pinkladyof66
    pinkladyof66 Posts: 1,829 Forumite
    wodden cot bed no matress colection

lol

Make £200 by end of January... £20.42/£200
    Grocery Challenge £200 pm Jan £0/£200
    January no spend days - 1/31
  • mttylad
    mttylad Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    RE getting mouldy junk from the groups, it is entirely upto you if you choose to take something that has not been described correctly.

If you turn up and something really is junk, if it is really mouldy and dirty say so. If it can be cleaned up and reused then thats another thing entirely.

You are under no obligation to take something, simply say "no - sorry but it is not as descried so I will not be taking it from you."
  • shelley_crow
    shelley_crow Posts: 1,644 Forumite
    mttylad wrote: »
    RE getting mouldy junk from the groups, it is entirely upto you if you choose to take something that has not been described correctly.

If you turn up and something really is junk, if it is really mouldy and dirty say so. If it can be cleaned up and reused then thats another thing entirely.

You are under no obligation to take something, simply say "no - sorry but it is not as descried so I will not be taking it from you."

Yep, make sure you collect while there's daylight!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure