Cost of stud wall?

2»

Comments

• jason_s_2
    jason_s_2 Posts: 395 Forumite
    Woody, me and nelly said that price if it was skimmed as well,of course its going to be cheaper if its dry lined.
  • ukwoody
    ukwoody Posts: 531 Forumite
    Jason, sorry; that just didn't seem to come across fully to me mate, sorry.

Tickled, the brew sounds nice, but if you've never been to Pembrokeshire, you aint seen a coastline! Lol. It's like Cornwall was 30 years ago. unspoilt and fantastic. I'm originally from Southampton, but no way would I move back now!
    As for the shed, well.... ummm, ahhhh... yes, well, thanks for the offer ;-)

Woody
    City & Guilds qualified Wood Butcher:D
  • pickledtink
    pickledtink Posts: 592
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    ukwoody wrote: »
    Jason, sorry; that just didn't seem to come across fully to me mate, sorry.

Tickled, the brew sounds nice, but if you've never been to Pembrokeshire, you aint seen a coastline! Lol. It's like Cornwall was 30 years ago. unspoilt and fantastic. I'm originally from Southampton, but no way would I move back now!
    As for the shed, well.... ummm, ahhhh... yes, well, thanks for the offer ;-)

Woody

Well it was worth a try. ;)
    Pembrokeshire sounds gorgeous. Maybe I'll take a look sometime. Which are the spots to head for?
    Living on Earth can be expensive, but it does include an annual free trip around the Sun.
  • LandyAndy
    LandyAndy Posts: 26,377
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    About three years ago I returned the largest bedroom in our previous house to its original state as two rooms, to improve its resale value.

It involved erecting a stud wall about 4m long and reopening a blocked up doorway onto the landing.

The materials cost me about £500 and I and my father (who's nearly 80) did it all in two days. I could probably have done it unaided but the 'second pair of hands' made some things easier.

I'd never done it before but it was very straightforward and only needed basic tools. If you can use a drill, a saw, a tape measure and a spirit level its well worth having a go yourself.
  • jason_s_2
    jason_s_2 Posts: 395 Forumite
    No probs woody mate. Nice place you live tho.
  • pickledtink
    pickledtink Posts: 592
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    ukwoody wrote: »
    Pickled. Any area. It's the only Coastal National Park in the UK.
    Sandy beaches in the South near Tenby, rugged rocks and cliffs in the north near Fishguard.
    Have a look at my site for some piccies http://www.woodyswoodwork.co.uk/Locale.html

Woody

Utterly glorious from what I could see from the thumbnails. The click on thingy to enlarge isn't working unfortunately.
    Thanks Woody. You've just given me a destination for my next 5 free day trip.
    Living on Earth can be expensive, but it does include an annual free trip around the Sun.
  • ukwoody
    ukwoody Posts: 531 Forumite
    The click on thingy to enlarge isn't working unfortunately.

EEEK! Thanks for that! I'll have to see whats gone wrong. Heck took me ruddy days to set it up last time ;-(

Woody
    City & Guilds qualified Wood Butcher:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family