Comet Sale Starts Tomorrow

Comments

• The Selly Oak branch in Birmingham is doing 10% on all Electrical Goods. No more. Skeleton Staff in store on the tills. No Sales people. Not exactly a fire sale as some had predicted. You'll get more off with other retailers before the turn of the year.
  • the_mum
    the_mum Posts: 113 Forumite
    The Darlington branch was similar. 10% off everything, with some things at 20% off.

The stockroom is apparently bare and loads of stock on the shop floor with do not sell stickers on them.

The guy on the tills said the sale started yesterday.
  • just got back from the harlow store,all says 10 or 20% off original price,nothing was cheap there at all,only saw 1 person buy anything.
  • Former_MSE_Darryl
    Former_MSE_Darryl Posts: 210 Forumite
    edited 13 November 2012 at 4:49PM
    "Comet has launched a liquidation sale as administrators begin to close down the failed electrical chain....."
    Read the full story:

Comet clearance sale begins

Plus, see the latest on Comet administration (13/11/12)

Comet administration latest: What are your rights?

OfficialStamp.gif
  • chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,867
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    Check the prices out they made them higher, they are also only offering 10% off the higher prices and most things are not in the sale. A lot of goods they dont own and are taken back by the manufacture.

The sale started yesterday
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I cant wait to hear how the reporter comes back to report that everything in the 'sale' can be found cheaper online anyway...
  • Kushan
    Kushan Posts: 72
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    And with tactics like that, I am utterly shocked that they're going out of business.
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    What about warranties ?
    "Manufacturer" I guess ?
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    21Twinkle wrote: »
    What about warranties ?
    "Manufacturer" I guess ?
    Yes, should be the standard cover from the manufacturer. I don't see any advantage on taking it back to the store you bought it from as they just send it on to (generally) the same repairers anyway .
  • I just got back from the Byfleet store. 10% off large ticket items and 20% off smaller ticket items. I bought a Samsung TV that was reduced from £500 to £449 in the sale and then another 10% off (so £404.10). Cheapest place selling it online was £440incl slow delivery (£10 extra for quick delivery).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure