Free kits from Anglian Water

Comments

• iris
    iris Posts: 1,376
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Free installed Bits and Bobs

Entered our postcode and would you believe that even though we are with Anglia Water, we are not entitled to this offer:mad:
  • surfsister
    surfsister Posts: 7,527
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    yeah me too I'm a stone's throw from Alton reservoir yet don't qualify!!!

Entered our postcode and would you believe that even though we are with Anglia Water, we are not entitled to this offer:mad:[/QUOTE]
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    iris wrote: »

Entered our postcode and would you believe that even though we are with Anglia Water, we are not entitled to this offer:mad:

That sounds odd, I'd query that with them.
  • echo
    echo Posts: 1,728 Forumite
    checked for me and my mam and we're not entitled either
  • amszephyr
    amszephyr Posts: 127 Forumite
    edited 19 March 2012 at 2:07PM
    iris wrote: »

I'm the same: I live in IP12 and am an Anglia Water customer, yet I received the message: "Thank you for your interest, unfortunately your property is not currently in one of the areas eligible for our Water Efficiency Survey."
  • juliebunny
    juliebunny Posts: 1,705
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 21 March 2012 at 1:07PM
    I'm with Thames Water (I think) and they have much the same restrictions.

I find it ridiculous that I can't wash my car with a hosepipe (not that I want to) myself, but that I can take it down the road to the hand car wash and they are allowed to do it! It's about money and business not water shortages.

And I'm not allowed to fill up my fishpond, which also has several pairs of mating frogs in it - I just have to watch their tadpoles dry up and die? I've already lost 2 fish over the weekend as the level got so low. I'm sure that last time there was an allowance to let people fill up ponds if they had living creatures in them. My local wildlife sanctuary begged me not to fill in my pond when I told them I couldn't look after it properly! Now what am I supposed to do? I'm going to be filling it up until the ban starts 4 April! The frogs are due to lay their spawn any day now. I would gladly give up having baths for the entire summer to give them my water.

I note they have a convenient exclusion in for the Olympics too. No doubt the council will be able to water all the plants that have suddenly appeared in my area (as we have an Olympic Venue). They are also putting in a new pumping station for the venue (it's water rafting or something - who cares - no tickets for locals of course!! Not that I would pay those prices seeing as we've already funded the flipping thing anyway!!) :mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Less stuff, more life, love, laughter and cats!
    Even if I'm on the shopping threads, it doesn't mean I'm buying! Sometimes it's good to just look and then hit the CLOSE button!
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,855
    Homepage Hero I won, I won, I won! I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Senior Ambassador
    juliebunny wrote: »
    I'm with Thames Water (I think) and they have much the same restrictions.

I find it ridiculous that I can't wash my car with a hosepipe (not that I want to) myself, but that I can take it down the road to the hand car wash and they are allowed to do it! It's about money and business not water shortages.

And I'm not allowed to fill up my fishpond, which also has several pairs of mating frogs in it - I just have to watch their tadpoles dry up and die? I've already lost 2 fish over the weekend as the level got so low. I'm sure that last time there was an allowance to let people fill up ponds if they had living creatures in them. My local wildlife sanctuary begged me not to fill in my pond when I told them I couldn't look after it properly! Now what am I supposed to do? I'm going to be filling it up until the ban starts 4 April! The frogs are due to lay their spawn any day now. I would gladly give up having baths for the entire summer to give them my water.

I note they have a convenient exclusion in for the Olympics too. No doubt the council will be able to water all the plants that have suddenly appeared in my area (as we have an Olympic Venue). They are also putting in a new pumping station for the venue (it's water rafting or something - who cares - no tickets for locals of course!! Not that I would pay those prices seeing as we've already funded the flipping thing anyway!!) :mad::mad::mad::mad:

You can top up your pond if it has fish in.

Filling or maintaining a domestic pond using a hosepipe

10.â(1) The category of use in section 76(2)(g) of the Act does not include filling or maintaining a domestic pond in which fish or other aquatic animals are being reared or kept in captivity.

(2) In that section, domestic pond means a pond, including a swimming pond, on land that

(a)is used or enjoyed in connection with a building, or part of a building, used principally as a dwelling; and

(b)is not being used for the purposes of a business.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2010/2231/article/10/made

and a bit here http://www.farmgarden.org.uk/ari/news-a-events/ari-events-mainmenu-91/236-hose-pipe-ban-hits-south-and-eastern-england

and here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17111554
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • juliebunny
    Forumite
    Sarah1972 - Thank you so much!!! I could kiss you! :kisses:
    Am going to print out and show to my Boyfriend who keeps telling me I'm not allowed to use my hosepipe already and that the neighbours are going to report me and I'll get a massive fine!

I'm so careful with my own water usage - I'm happy to have fewers showers and no baths :D, don't leave the tap running when cleaning my teeth, ordered a water hippo for my cistern and even to leave the yellow to mellow. And no I'm not on a water meter! :rotfl: But I lovingly rear my little tads each year, cooking them up lettuce and giving them hidey areas so the goldfish don't much them, then little ramps to get out when their legs grow, and hidey places in the garden!

Ribbit! Baby Kermits you will be saved!
    Even if I'm on the shopping threads, it doesn't mean I'm buying! Sometimes it's good to just look and then hit the CLOSE button!
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,855
    Homepage Hero I won, I won, I won! I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Senior Ambassador
    juliebunny wrote: »
    Sarah1972 - Thank you so much!!! I could kiss you! :kisses:
    Am going to print out and show to my Boyfriend who keeps telling me I'm not allowed to use my hosepipe already and that the neighbours are going to report me and I'll get a massive fine!

I'm so careful with my own water usage - I'm happy to have fewers showers and no baths :D, don't leave the tap running when cleaning my teeth, ordered a water hippo for my cistern and even to leave the yellow to mellow. And no I'm not on a water meter! :rotfl: But I lovingly rear my little tads each year, cooking them up lettuce and giving them hidey areas so the goldfish don't much them, then little ramps to get out when their legs grow, and hidey places in the garden!

Ribbit! Baby Kermits you will be saved!

I am the same as you, my fish and frogs are my pets ;)

I have used my hose to fill my water butts up to the brim and I am going to put the hose on and give the whole garden a good soak the day before the ban just to give the garden a few days head start.

I also bought 2 of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000R8VAUY/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details which I have set up and they are great ! I bought the attachement and set it up attached to the water butt so at least my veg will be properly watered !
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • juliebunny
    Forumite
    Thanks! To be honest, I'm not great with plants......so probably won't need irrigation! I can't have a water butt as I have a flat roof and the gutter is down the middle of the house (very strange design....)!

:o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure