Comments

• Think it's every Sunday, from March 'till December

Give them a ring if you want to be certain

Tel 07774 655917
    Laughter is the sun
    that drives winter
    from the human face
  • oops! really embarrassed now :o

First it won't let me post, then it duplicates them, I delete a post and they all disappear, so I post again and it doesn't work, then it shows 5, I haven't a clue what's going on...

:o:o:o
    Laughter is the sun
    that drives winter
    from the human face
  • I went to Chelford on Sunday, and can say I am never going back there.

On arrival we were directed to a man in a security jacket flapping his arms around, my husband pulled up to speak to him and explain that I am in a wheelchair and we needed to be sure he didn't park anyone up against our van so I could get out. BUT he didnt even get that far.
    This guy starting shouting he wanted us THIS SIDE of the line, and my hubby said 'I want to tell you something' to which he replied, I don't care what you have to tell me, in fact turn round get your money back and p*ss off.
    Needless to say we were gobsmacked, the guy walked off and husband got out the van and followed him, I could hear him screaming I DONT CARE what you have to tell me, then it went quiet. He has walked off as my husband finally managed to get out what he was trying to say.
    Then another security guy came over, and apologised, I asked who he was and he said the owner!

I have never been more disgusted in my life at this mans obnoxious behaviour for no reason at all, I am suprised he makes any money with the way he carries on.
    Had we not been desperate to get rid of the stuff we would have turned round and left. Our van was jammed packed and we needed to offload it.
    We are getting money together as I was diagnosed with breast cancer back end of last year (at 33!) and we've had a really crappy time so we are going on the holiday of a lifetime cruising for three weeks, so getting rid of all our junk to get money for that, and DIDN'T need the abuse we were given.

Other sellers told us he was always like that and we just happened to be the ones who got it that day, so that makes it ok to talk to people like that with foul language and an attitude.

very disappointed and disgusted :confused:
  • What a nasty piece of work that owner is!
    Sorry to hear you had to meet someone like that thespoiltparrot, not what you need when you are having to cope with an illness. Hope you managed to make a few quid at the bootsale though
  • At least you don't have to go again and meet the obnoxious man. Did you do well? Please let us know.

I envy you your holiday(though not the reason for taking it of course). Sending you my very best wishes for a wonderful trip and happy news about your illness.
  • Hats
    Hats Posts: 1 Newbie
    Hey do clothes sell well at this car boot sale in Chelford?
  • What time do you need to be there? Is there always a long line of traffic waiting to get in?

Also, whilst asking, what time does it go on to?
  • Alison_B
    Alison_B Posts: 2,124
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I am interested in this too. I have a load of new baby clothes that I could do with off-loading. Wonder if they will sell or if people only want second hand items dirt cheap.
  • I agree the owner is horrible - the nastiest man I have ever met and he must be loaded as it is such a massive car boot sale. I only hope he is paying the correct tax on the money as he must make a million a year out of it.

The carboot sale itself is great to sell at - we made about £150 last week and cleared out loads of stuff so well worth a stall

Just a shame about the horrible man
  • Any chance anyone could help me with this... I was thinking of selling homemade cakes at a local indoor market the owner was ok with it then the local council said i needed public liability insurance would i need this at Chelford Market and how much is it to have a stall and do they provide tables?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure