26" Mens Mountain Bike £49.99

2»

Comments

• photome wrote:
    how about a RALEIGH...i thought they were a "name" and halfords have a raleigh mountain bike for 79.99

Unfortunately Raleigh don't make bikes any more, they just buy in cheap far east stuff and tinker with it over here. If you plan to use a cheap bike to ride down to the newsagents a couple of times a week you should have no problem, but any more than that you really do have to pay for more quality or it will let you down.

Mr T
  • Unfortunately Raleigh don't make bikes any more, they just buy in cheap far east stuff and tinker with it over here.
    Mr T

I thought they'd stopped that now? When I first looked into buying a bike, my local place told me they'd started to regain a bit of control and produce some decent stuff.... This was a while back so market forces may have forced them down the "above all else make it CHEAP" road again (a true shame if it has...)

E.M.
  • it is good to buy second hand bikes...but just make sure the the brakes etc are working...but as far as i am concern it is more good if you buy brand new...if you are having a problem on money,,go for secondhand,not just a secondhand but a good and better secondhand.
  • ICV
    ICV Posts: 47 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Peak Oil is a myth designed to push up the price of crude and increase oil company profits you fools.
  • Type "gull island" into Google and see how close to peak oil we are.
  • hi just a word of caution please check carefully when buying second hand bikes my sons bike was stolen on friday although it was fastened with a D-ring type bike lock and we are pretty sure it will be sold by some scum people wanting money for xmas. basically police agree with us and have told us very little chance of finding it. we are now looking for a good quality but reasonably priced replacement for him. however im in two minds firstly i dont want to pay too much incase the same thing happens again but im also dubious of buying secong hand incase we are buying stolen goods.
    :coffee:i find a cup of tea can solve most problems:coffee:
    :dance: but alcohol solves them all :dance:
    basic emergency fund 387.87/500
    £1000 emergency fund #290
    mortgage 91,719= 21y 0mnth :eek:
    6 mnths exp 0/6633
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income