How do I cancel my Creditexpert free trial?

Comments

• Lottebear
    Lottebear Posts: 794 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    We have problems cancelling in the end OH went through to sales to speak to someone and they did it over the phone, the line to cancel was always busy!
  • Amazing thing just happened. I called Credit Expert to cancel my account after months of attempting to get the information on my credit record correct. The guy on the phone asked if there was any particular reason I wanted to cancel and I said I had given up all hope of correcting my record. He asked me what the problem was and I explained that my account information was missing despite exhastively updating my last 11 addresses. Something pedantic was incorrect- like having a house number instead of a flat number... He said he would actually sort it out for me and it should be up to date tomorrow. Time will only tell...

But in answer to your question. You can call them on 0800 656 9000 and press 4 to cancel.... or sort something out that you've been trying to sort out for ages. They are about the most annoying company I've ever come across but unfortunately they almost have a bit credit record monopoly going on
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You can also cancel at the same time as having them correct something - you'll still be able to log on until the end of your current month and check that they've sorted whatever they said they would.

I was on hold for about 15 mins but it's freephone so just put it on speaker and carried on with whatever I was doing...

HTH
  • People are having difficulty terminating payments to this company as the only way to do it is to ring them and the voice on the other end says 'they are very busy' or words to that effect.

The best way to stop payments if you are paying by debit card is to ring the your bank and request a new debit card.

Hope this is useful.
  • PNPSUKNET
    PNPSUKNET Posts: 4,265 Forumite
    primecut wrote: »
    People are having difficulty terminating payments to this company as the only way to do it is to ring them and the voice on the other end says 'they are very busy' or words to that effect.

The best way to stop payments if you are paying by debit card is to ring the your bank and request a new debit card.

Hope this is useful.

No it wont as its continues auth
  • I've just tried emailing to cancel but all I got was a reply instructing me to phone them (although I can't because their lines are closed on a Sunday).

My payment is made via a credit card: is there no way to cancel payments to them?

If this was a Direct Debit I'd just cancel it and wait for them to take action.
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Easiest way is to just ring the tommorow on 0800 561 0083.

They will cancel it there and then and send you an email to confirm cancellation. Make sure you have your report/customer ref no. to hand.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • I just called them on the number mentioned on the above replt. 2 minutes wait and it they accpeted the cancellation straightaway. Quite easy!
  • I've had two reports over the past 3/4 years from Credit Expert - both on the free trial and i just make sure I phone up and cancel before they start charging me. Never had any problems from them and they've always been dead helpful.
  • persian_star
    persian_star Posts: 84 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 17 September 2010 at 10:42AM
    The reason they only let you cancel by phone is that those who aren't that bothered about cancelling may leave it, hence they make more money. It's quite standard to only be able to cancel this kind of thing over the phone (it was the same with our Lovefilm subscription) - if it's effortless more people would cancel more quickly.

Sorry you're having issues getting through, I cancelled with both companies with very little difficulty or time, so maybe try calling at a different time? Lunchtime is often the worst.

And in answer to another thing that was mentioned, once you've had your free trial, that's it (in my experience) If you re-susbscribe, they charge you from the off, which is fair enough, you've already made use of their offer.

Please remember though that having access to your credit REPORT is included in the free trial/membership fee and can be accessed whenever you like while you subscribe, but to generate your credit SCORE is an additional service which they charge for each time, they are not as clear as they could be about this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure