Interior insulation for solid walls

Options
2»

Comments

• savemoney
    savemoney Posts: 18,127 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You only loose 10mm with this. But its about £130 + vat plus adhesive £20+ and some other extras

http://www.eviee.co.uk/Mould-Growth-Consultants-Sempatap-Thermal.htm#nogo
  • savemoney
    savemoney Posts: 18,127 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It isnt the only option you can insulate on outside but it will probably cost more

27col wrote: »
    You cannot expect to get any effective insulation without some thickness of insulation. Losing a couple of inches off the width of a room seems a small price to pay to provide extra insulation. If you do not have a cavity wall, then it is your only option.
  • 27col
    27col Posts: 6,554 Forumite
    Options
    Actually savemoney, you have reminded me. Down in Gosport they completely covered several tower blocks with externally applied slabs of polystyrene which were covered with some sort of mesh. This was rendered or sprayed against the weather. The final result looks very nice. The applied slabs were at least 100mm thick, if not more. Might even be a DIY solution , especially if the the house is terraced and the area to be covered is not too great.
    I can afford anything that I want.
    Just so long as I don't want much.
  • Antispam
    Antispam Posts: 6,636 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well I rang my local council who have a phone number for energy saving which now goes to energy saving trust, no help at all for people who have solid walls
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure