Santander Head Office

Hi all,

Does anyone know Santander's Head Office Address or contact details of someone higher up than the branch manager, I can complain to.

I have been trying to close my accounts for over 3 months and I have had enough of the rubbish service I receive at my local branch.

Thanks
Offically Debt Free as of 27th May 2009.

Saving for first house.

Crazy Clothes Challenge 2011

Comments

• Quiet_Life
    Quiet_Life Posts: 2,498 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Santander UK plc (Santander) Registered Office:
    2 Triton Square, Regent’s Place,
    London NW1 3AN,
    United Kingdom.
    In giving
    you are throwing a bridge
    across the chasm of your solitude.
    The Wisdom of the Sands. Antoine de Saint-Exupery
  • MS1950
    MS1950 Posts: 325 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Antonio Horta-Osorio, Chief Executive - reported email address: Antonio.Osorio@santander.co.uk. Whether you'll get a reply is another matter.....
  • KJB87
    KJB87 Posts: 9 Forumite
    It's worth emailing the email address MS1950 has posted, we were having trouble with Santander and getting nowhere through branch and complaints channels so a quick email to the CE and someone called and resolved problems almost straight away.
  • MCGONIS
    MCGONIS Posts: 699 Forumite
    Hello. Not sure if this is useful, I recently closed an ex-Abbey cheque account and savings account without any problems. I just wrote to Santander, PO Box 1109, Bradford, BD1 5ZG and they done what I instructed within 2 weeks. Also more recently closed an ex-Alliance & Leicester account and just wrote to A&L, Bootle, GIR 0AA and this was completed within three weeks.

Good luck!
  • hippey
    hippey Posts: 849 Forumite
    Or try the old Abbey National one in Central Milton Keynes. Which part of Santander?
    These are my thoughts and no one else's, so like any public forum advice - check it out before entering into contracts or spending your hard earned cash!

I don't know everything, however I do try to point people in the right direction but at the end of the day you can only ever help yourself!
  • can anybody please help me with an email address to SANTANDER HEAD OFFICE ???? it is always at a cost when you wish to contact these people : print - paper : envelope : stamp - effort . in this day and age an email is so quick and life can continue .... please help
  • Santander have reached new levels of idiocy. I recently moved to live in France and wrote to my A & L head office to tell them - their on-line banking site has no facility to contact them by e-mail. No reply. I managed to find a UK number using 'Say No to 0870 numbers' and got through to a call centre. I was told that the only way I could change my address was by going into my branch in Yorkshire. Ev en the poor devil at the call centre had to laugh at the idea that I had to fly over from France to change my address. A & L were absolutely useless and nothing has improved.
  • butterflymum
    butterflymum Posts: 987 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 18 November 2010 at 11:06AM
    You can send a secure email whilst logged onto your online banking account. Always could with A & L and still can since move to Santander. They will respond to your registered email address to say a reply is waiting for you in your online banking.
    butterfly )i(
  • oxenryd
    oxenryd Posts: 478 Forumite
    Santander have reached new levels of idiocy. I recently moved to live in France and wrote to my A & L head office to tell them - their on-line banking site has no facility to contact them by e-mail. No reply. I managed to find a UK number using 'Say No to 0870 numbers' and got through to a call centre. I was told that the only way I could change my address was by going into my branch in Yorkshire. Ev en the poor devil at the call centre had to laugh at the idea that I had to fly over from France to change my address. A & L were absolutely useless and nothing has improved.

Whilst I'm not Santander's number 1 fan, can't see how this is their fault, surely this is something you should have enquired about before leaving the country. What would you say if you were still living in UK and your address had been changed to a French one "just by receiving a letter", you wouldn't be best pleased!

I do hope it gets sorted though
    Originally Posted by Dr Cuckoo3
    Your bank and bank card does say something about the kind of person you are: Big 4 banks=sheep;),Santander=someone who doesnt mind incompetence:p,COOP=Ethical views,a campaigner:cool:,First Direct/Coventry=someone who thinks they are better than others:o,NI Bank card when living on the mainland=Aspergers :D
  • Santander UK PLC
    PO Box 1125
    BRADFORD
    BD1 9PG

Subject: The process of setting up somebody/screwing us his account for racist or hate reasons -Mitchel J Edmond A/c 45898335

Dear Sirs,

We/I banked with Alliance & Leicester for 25 years and have the experience of the criminal/corrupted process and practise when a group of individuals, .political party and their establishment want to be nasty, destroy the possibility of having a bank account - the tricks and technique used/which can be used. { We have an ongoing issues with SFA over Alliance & Leicester account}

We/I have three accounts at Santandar - this particular fist account was opened in South Kensington, next to the Institute Francais, the French Consulate - explaining the young manager who we/I am, the important Spanish Fishing accord with the Sechelles Seychelles for the past 35 years, my complex relation because of my EU high responsibility with the Spanish Royal Family -most important the issues of African Union, previous work done on the Channel Tunnel project France and Britain - the issues/work, high management issues with the Gibraltar Tunnel and its financing - in exchange for our Sechelles EU Community and Seychelles government to support the AU/Gibraltar Tunnel financing, promotion, the written request I have made on behalf of Seychelles government for Santandar to open a Branch in Seychelles - they have a strong presence in the Gulf region - how they acquired these. Upon those discussions he open that account for me/us. The two other accounts are transfer from Alliance & Leicester.

We have been using a Branch next to Hanover Square - across the new Seychelles High Commission, beside other Branches. We/I began to detect - since the coming of the conservative Coalition that "they will mess me/us up and that there are many ways to skin a cat".

Shortly before Christmas we decided to visit Oxford City, beside other reasons, given that Princess Anne and Vice Admiral husband had just inaugurated the Seychelles University at Anse Royal. We were advised to purchase "a decent coat to travel to Oxford" - we went to the Salvation Army shop across Hanover Square, one street parallel to the Seychelles High commissioner to purchase an second hand coat. We paid for it with card from the Santandar account we have detail above. We also told the Indian female staff that for the price - a member of the British Royal family ought to have thrown an old coat in the bin or the side of the road so that we can have a coat to wear - given Prince William engagement to Miss Kate Middletone - those who know the issues.

At the time of making the purchase we had ample funds on the account, because we use it to purchase our train ticket, food and bed and breakfast to stay in Oxford - the Police who monitored/watched our activities. Three days later noticed that that Salvation Arny purchased had not been debited to my account, we often have coffee and other purchase there - joked with close acquaintance about the purchase of the coat which incidentally we did not wear and the police and witness will verify this - that may be Salvation Army had decided to gift me this coat £30.

After new year given that debacle of double bank deductions on many private/public bank accounts written in the media and TV decided to check my account and saw that Salvation Army had collected payment almost 7days from date of purchase and because there was insufficient funds - Santandar had charged me/us £25.

Because we realised there was an issue/situation decided to go to Peckham to sort out the situation, Peckham being a Black community and not liable to be influenced by the "racist, con, satanic rave, rage anti social they use in other place to negate and be out right nasty and pervert justice". The police watched us, and must have wondered what we were doing there.

"In London, the gutter media, the Black community they can pick up - become aware of anybody given profile, responsibility in society, London and the world and the issues he is involved with - those who were polite and saw to it that we were not pushed about as we walked from the Station to Santandar and we asked for a couple of direction.

At the Branch we waited for our turn and went to the counter far left and addressed the issue to the female Cashier - she took details and went and talked to the Branch manager and told me/us that the Manager apologise and that they would reimburse the payment immediately. A load of customers overheard the issues and we would be on the Bank video/recorder - had this been a criminal situation. We went and sat down - thinking of the mess, strange going on and another staff came and ask if everything was all right, again we would be on video. We then went across the counter and spoke to another Cashier upon the buzz of some customers who judge something was not right and asked her when the refund would be made - because we/I did not want a repetition of the incident where I got livid over a similar incident and took the matter to the SFA, the government and EU Ombudsman. She went inside and spoke with the same Branch Manager and she told me by this afternoon - there was a young female assistant listening, learning - we talked about the situation.

We caught the train and by the time we got to Tonebridge it was nearly 3.30 pm went into the Santandar ex alliance & Leicester branch were we have been using for the past 12 years. We check our account using the ATM if the money had been repaid - when we realise it had not them went and requested a printed Statement back to 15 December of all transaction - the Japanese/Asian staff did that and went to the female person next to her explaining the situation. She took me to a desk and telephoned Peckham Branch of Santandar and they told her exactly what we/I had said and that by the end of the week latest the refund would have been done. She also gave me the phone number of Customer Service of Santandar and another number of a strange transaction on my account. { Because we had protested we would take the matter further - she snorted that Santandar was regulated by EU Laws - we told her of the mega financial melt down in Britain, EU and USA - it took place because of corrupted and crooked banking practise and such Benchmark}

We did some transaction 19/01/2011 and another a day later realise that something was wrong with my/our account. Had to travel to a funeral and needed to pay for the train Ticket - suddenly realise their was not fund in that account. We decided to come back to Tonebridge and inquirer of Santandar Branch what had happened.

Suddenly - there was a strange and load of racist overtone in the staff approach and attitude. Plus other white person/female came in the Branch and started their "antisocial satanic rave, rage, CJD, vibes and the Staff began to be very nasty, threats and negative" - at first she told we she did not have time - when I/we reminded her that we had played an important role that Santandar come to Britain inform to all the customers, that she took our details and phoned Peckham, ask what had happened. We do not have all the details. She conferred with the Tonbridge Branch Manager who also got/was getting nasty and racist. Several customers came in realising there was a situation some gave us their support. She said they would try and revert the fund at Tonebridge - she came with a form, all the time the "racist and anti social - hate issues going on" The Baranch managers was getting nastier at the back. The Asian staff left for lunch. Ms Lois Robinson then told me they have decided not to refund, because there had been a refund in September last year and the Bank policy is only one refund per year - { what about if they have fleeced you several times - transactions} She said at Peckham they have no recollection of this decision - we then retorted to her, she had spoken with them, it would be on Video, tape, these were not Nigerian, Latin American or Russian crooks that was a proper bank officials we had not scam then with some phony telephone number they had rand the number them self. She asked if we wanted to lodge it as a case - we said yes and she told us to go to Peckham and talk with the Branch Manager there. We left.

On the road because of the "racist hate, anti social issues at the bank, they incited the public to be nastier, angry and one particular dog shop we bought food for the dog outright nasty, unfriendly and rude - other customers remarked.

We took the train and left Tonbridge, again where we are the "anti social hate and rage, satanic vibes going on because of that incident."

We would appreciate your attention to the issues mention here and a reply.

Yours Truly,

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport