Hotmail problem - not receiving any emails

I have not received any emails to my Hotmail account since Wednesday. None. Not even one going in my Junk email folder.
I have sent email from my other accounts and have not received any delivery failure message - they just never appear.
I can successfully send emails from my Hotmail account, but I can't receive any, which is very frustrating as I have no way of knowing if someone has emailed me and if I have missed something!
Does anyone else have this problem? If so, how was it solved?
How/who can I contact at Hotmail to help me with this!
Thanks

Comments

2010 Posts: 5,343 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Minerva wrote: »
    Does anyone else have this problem? If so, how was it solved?
    How/who can I contact at Hotmail to help me with this!
    Thanks

I had this problem yesterday.

https://login.live.com/login.srf?wa=wsignin1.0&rpsnv=11&ct=1354881099&rver=6.1.6206.0&wp=MBI&wreply=http:%2F%2Fmail.live.com%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fform%3DMWGMWU%26publ%3DWLEXPL%26crea%3DSITEACQ_CIMS015781_Hotmail_EN-US_118X424_124709&id=64855&cbcxt=mai&snsc=1&vv=1350&mkt=EN-US&lc=1033

Don`t sign in but click on "can`t access your account".
  • Minerva_2
    Minerva_2 Posts: 214 Forumite
    Thank you so much for replying!
    What happens after I click on "can't access your account"?
    Is this problem now resolved for you?
    2010 Posts: 5,343 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Minerva wrote: »
    Thank you so much for replying!
    What happens after I click on "can't access your account"?
    Is this problem now resolved for you?

When you click that it asks you to reset your password.

Resolved for me after reset.
  • Minerva_2
    Thank you for replying. I was too scared to click the "can't access your account" link without knowing what happened for fear of locking myself out altogether.
    So if I reset my password (and on my mobile devices too) it should all be OK. That's good to know - I will give it a go and report back.
  • Minerva_2
    edited 9 December 2012 at 6:38PM
    I have reset my password, logged out, logged in, logged out again, logged in again, but still no emails coming through.
    I'm starting to feel a little desperate. I've had this account for years and its my primary email account and now out of the blue, its just stopped working!
    There doesn't seem to be anyway of accessing technical support from Hotmail for this this either - I guess that they are busy with their new Outlook.com service and maybe old Hotmail accounts are just be left if there is a problem and it is not being fixed.
    Can anyone please help?
  • Now working again! Hooray!:j
    But none of the test emails that I sent the last few days have arrived; its as if they are lost for ever in the internet ether....floating in cyber space.
    But I have really lost my confidence in Hotmail, which is a shame really.
  • It is very likely your e-mails will turn up.

Eventually (typically after a few days) e-mails are returned undeliverable if they can't be delivered but when there are problems it can take hours or days for them to get through.
  • lisa76
    lisa76 Posts: 1,589 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    My husband is having the same problem with hotmail - we've had nothing come in for 2 days but emails are being sent. We need his account to be working as he's looking for jobs so we need to know if potential employers are replying. I've tried puttinng a question on the hotmail forum but there says there's a problem with that. I've looked for a help or contact hotmail but can't find anything. I've reset his password as 2010 suggests but that hasn't worked. HELP clever peeps!
  • lisa76
    Sorry to bump this up guys, but his hotmail is still not working and we're getting concerned now. Emails I've sent to it are saying they're going to be delayed - will it just start working again?
  • lisa76
    Mmm stranger and stranger, I've just sent an email from my works system and I had an undeliverable message stating that the email is invalid??? How do you contact hotmail???
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure