Applying BAL WP1 to Knauf Aquapanel

Options
2»

Comments

• Neil_S_3
    Neil_S_3 Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    I've sent an email to Bal Adhesives asking them about the conflicting advice between the data sheet and what they gave on their technical support line.

I'll post up what they say.
  • BobProperty
    BobProperty Posts: 3,245 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    tododo wrote:
    I am also planning on getting aquapanel with the wp1 waterproofing kit

Was going to follow the guide as on here to do the shower

http://www.ultimatehandyman.co.uk/building_a_shower.htm

Also thinking of getting the dunlop stuff as the guide is supposed to be a bit simpler to follow
    The pictures are the same as the TrustedTradesmen (TT) link I posted earlier. UltimateHandyMan (UHM) used them with the permission of the person who did the work. It is likely though that the text on UHM is a later version. The situation is currently being discussed and investigate by TT members too.
    A house isn't a home without a cat.
    Those are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others.
    I have writer's block - I can't begin to tell you about it.
    You told me again you preferred handsome men but for me you would make an exception.
    It's a recession when your neighbour loses his job; it's a depression when you lose yours.
  • Alan_M_2
    Alan_M_2 Posts: 2,752 Forumite
    Options
    When I first started using Aquapanel they used to recommend tiling on the rough side, now it seems the smooth side is the way to go.

Skimming the panel before you tank is a new one on me, they never used to advise that at all. The primer sticks like !!!!!! to anything and I've never had to skim a panel before I tanked it......

Seems to me they move the goal posts every time someone has a !!!! up somewhere.
  • Neil_S_3
    Options
    Thanks gents, to be honest I don't think I would have a problem if I just primed the Aquapanel with Prime APD and then applied the tanking, it just planted a thread of doubt in my mind when I read the BAL datasheet.

Hopefully we can get to the bottom of it and BAL can give a consistent answer!
  • Fred_Bear_2
    Options
    Neil - any news from BAL?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills