Email address for Job Centre Plus complaints Department please.

Comments

• Oldernotwiser
    Oldernotwiser Posts: 37,425 Forumite
    From the information in your first post I would say that your daughter would have a reason to complain at the fact that JCP staff have discussed her case with her mother. As with banking, these dealings should be confidential.
  • cazziej
    cazziej Posts: 321 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I thought I had made it clear, but obviously not to the last few posters, I was speaking to the JCP WITH MY DAUGHTERS FULL PERMISSION. I would not for one minute have expected them to deal with me without her express consent and on each occasion she has spoken to them first and given them permission to speak to me.

I reiterate, I was NOT asking for any opinions as to whether I SHOULD or SHOULD NOT complain, or if my daughter is an adult or not, I was merely asking for information with regard to an email address!!:mad:

I am finding more and more on these forums that people seem to take great delight in picking other people to pieces for one reason or another. I could understand if I had gone in all guns blazing WITHOUT MY DAUGHTERS PERMISSION, but I have it!! I thought this was a forum for helping people,:confused: I was obviously mistaken!!

Carol
  • devorguila
    devorguila Posts: 10 Forumite
    Just a quick point re chickmug's post suggesting that you record the calls - not everybody knows this, but it's illegal to record a call without the other party's permission if you intend anyone else to hear it. (There are a very few limited exceptions, such as crime prevention by certain authorities, of course - phone tapping would be a bit pointless otherwise!) This would mean that it wouldn't be valid evidence in any complaint, and could land you in legal trouble if either the DWP, or the advisor being recorded, decided to take it further. (It can and does happen!)

If you get their permission to record first, that's not a problem - it's becoming quite a common request at govt offices and most people will be fine with it if you ask politely!

Unfortunately, if DWP's anything like the department I'm in, then there's probably no email address you can use: external email is viewed with absolute terror by the upper echelons...

Good luck with getting it sorted!
  • cazziej
    Thank you for your reply Devorguila.

Good point re the recording of telephone conversations. I know when you ring the DWP/JCA it does inform you that they MAY record the call - I am hoping that they do!!

Best wishes

Carol
  • ALIBOBSY
    ALIBOBSY Posts: 4,527 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I'm on maternity leave at the mo, but the office I was working at state calls may be recorded and do not have facillities to record anything (or didn't when I left). However as I understand it they were aiming to bring this in, so you may be lucky and the calls may have been recorded.

I can assure you there are some good staff out there, but out of so many staff and offices some are good, some are average and some are rubbish.

I can concure with the advice that to complain you need to put it in writing, Digital complaining is not available yet lol. They only installed internal email in the last couple of years rofl.

Putting the complaint to one side did you daughter get her claim sorted out?

ali x
    "Overthinking every little thing
    Acknowledge the bell you cant unring"

• cazziej
    ALIBOBSY wrote: »
    I'm on maternity leave at the mo, but the office I was working at state calls may be recorded and do not have facillities to record anything (or didn't when I left). However as I understand it they were aiming to bring this in, so you may be lucky and the calls may have been recorded.

I can assure you there are some good staff out there, but out of so many staff and offices some are good, some are average and some are rubbish.

I can concure with the advice that to complain you need to put it in writing, Digital complaining is not available yet lol. They only installed internal email in the last couple of years rofl.

Putting the complaint to one side did you daughter get her claim sorted out?

ali x

Thank you for your reply Alibobsy and congratulations on the new arrival - hope everything went well.

I did actually come accross 1 member of staff who was very sympathetic and tried his best, but I have to say he was in the minority. I am drafting a complaint letter as we speak as after having a further run in with them today and asking for an email address to complain to I was told they don't have any!

My daughters benefit is still not completely sorted and to top it all the person I spoke to today, when generously telling her she had been awarded £20 crisis loan, seemed incredulous that she had already received £75 (this was for 3 weeks) and asked what she had done with it!! When I told him she had borrowed money prior to this to live on and obviously had to pay it back, commented that it was her fault if she had debt!! He then made the mistake of saying to me "its not my problem". This really got me going and on questioning exactly what he meant and how he could say such a thing, he backtracked and said "oh I didn't mean to say that, I meant its not my concern!" I SOOOO hope this call was recorded.

Anyway, thanks for the advice.

Best wishes

Carol
  • Oldernotwiser
    Oldernotwiser Posts: 37,425 Forumite
    Well, is it really his problem or concern that your daughter's got debt? If she lives at home and has a job to go to in 3 weeks she's not really going to be a top priority however much you think she should be.
  • cazziej
    Well, is it really his problem or concern that your daughter's got debt? If she lives at home and has a job to go to in 3 weeks she's not really going to be a top priority however much you think she should be.

I really am getting quite bored with all this nit picking now. Yes it is his problem, or at least his departments which he is supposed to be representing. The "debt" was not for flashy clothes or going out drinking and smoking etc, it was for day to day survival, including petrol money to attend for interviews etc, (you know, trying to get out of this situation as soon as possible - or are you going to tell me now she should be walking to interviews miles away?. And he obviously recognsed he was in the wrong by the way he rapidly backtracked and apologised. Would you like to be spoken to with this attitude?? How would you feel to be answered with "its not my problem" when you were trying to sort something out. Fair enough if he then went on to say "but I know whose problem it is and I will put you through", but not a stonewall "thats not my problem". I work for a GP and imagine the uproar if patients rang to make appointments because they were ill and I told them "well that nots my problem!".

I sincerely hope that you or your family are never in this position, but god forbid if you are, don't bother coming here for support. (Apologies to the decent and helpful people who have responded, both here and by PM, thank you, and this is in no way aimed at you!).

Yes she does live with her parents and yes she does have a job to go to IN 3 WEEKS, does this mean that for the next 7 weeks until she gets paid she can rot? How do you know that we as parents have the resources to be able to assist her for 2 months.

She herself has worked 3 years previous to this and therefore paid into the system via National Insurance, I pay into the system and have done for the past 27 years, and until very recently her father did, as did both sets of grandparents etc, etc. I would have hoped that when she NEEDS money, which incidentally the JCP staff member told me today is worked out for a single person at £6.95 per day, I would have hoped it would be available without what feels like a fight to the death. You try living on less than £7 per day, I don't expect it is much fun.

Carol
  • bestpud
    bestpud Posts: 11,048 Forumite
    The good thing is they will backdate it when they do eventually get it sorted, and your dd has a roof over her head and food to eat in the meantime.

I can't help thinking they must be rolling their eyes at a mother calling in behalf of her perfectly able 19 year old dd though! I know you don't want to hear this, but if I would not be bending over backwards to help in this situation.

If you persist with the complaint, you definitely need to write, not email, as already said. Emails are too easily ignored imo.
  • alison999
    alison999 Posts: 1,769 Forumite
    bestpud wrote: »
    I can't help thinking they must be rolling their eyes at a mother calling in behalf of her perfectly able 19 year old dd though! I know you don't want to hear this, but if I would not be bending over backwards to help in this situation..

oh dear, someon e else giing advise that she didnt ask for :rotfl:prepare for the wrath of carol:eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure