sell a story

Has anyone ever tried to sell a story (human interest) to a newspaper?
It is not for me but for a friend (so they don't know who they are dealing with until the agreement is signed).
It is do with gang violence.

Comments

• Sassers
    Sassers Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    I'm an ex-journo so I know what to expect! Not all of the mags and papers pay well...however I did sell a story to That's Life for a £1000 last year. I got read back and the chance to change mistakes. I was happy with it, the journalist was great and I got the money as soon as the story was printed....I hope this helps x
    Current debt and mortgage: £25, 820.35 Debt/Mortgage at start: £92,598 (27/09/2010)
    DEBT FREE!
  • funnyguy
    funnyguy Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    I wrote an article a few years back from all the money saving schemes I had done.It was only a page.A womans magazine [thr first one I contacted]published it and paid me £300,they made about 80% changes to what I had wrote,but it didnt bother me.Another money saving scheme had been sucessful.
  • davholla
    davholla Posts: 523 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    How did you sell it?
  • mrsyardbroom
    mrsyardbroom Posts: 1,946 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I used to contribute to magazines writing letters and tips and occasionally selling cartoons. It didn't pay a fortune but it was handy.
    Don't mess with pensioners. :cool:
  • red_devil
    red_devil Posts: 10,793 Forumite
    what are the best mags to send letters and pics too??
    :footie:
  • phildallier
    phildallier Posts: 29 Forumite
    edited 14 December 2012 at 10:25AM
    if you have a good story, and if you are not affraid by hard work, there is an awesome thing !
    Just Transform you story in a script for a movie, go to the website "Amazon Studio" put it on... If many people like it, Warner will make a movie of it, and the first payment four you is : 200 000$ !

Good luck.
    I'm from France and i'm trying to write a good script for that since 11 month...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure