HATTON GARDEN METALS Feedback Thread

Comments

• Hi....

I used your money ......Avoid rip-offs and earn the most cash, in selling gold.....Took your recommends in using Hatton Garden metals.....Also took your advise by taking photos ......Posted the gold Monday morning by Royal mail special delivery .......And because the Hatton garden metals gold site is so clear and easy to use ....I was able to work out the value I was sending, So i could insure it ....(£1 extra on the cost of postage).....Received emails and paper work from Hattons garden metals confirming my details......and get this.......I had a text and email to confirm that I had over £1000 pounds in my account by Tuesday afternoon.....

Now that is what I call a service.......Not only from Hatton....But from you guys as well at moneysavingexpert.......The article like your site is top class......Thanks a lot..
  • nattypants
    nattypants Posts: 2,577 Forumite
    This is the first time I have ever sold any gold (was extremely cautious to do so), however I would absolutely recommend this website for both ease of use and prompt service.
    I posted 3 very small items yesterday just after 4pm and by 11.10am this morning I received confirmation of payment, which is sitting in my bank account and in true :money:style, I'm away to open a Credit Union account and will pay a portion directly into this.

Thank you Money Saving Expert:D

NPX
    February13 - £74990 (or thereabouts)
    MND - Let's go for 2020 'cos it's got a nice ring to it:D
    C'mon nattypants:cool:
  • I have never used a more efficient site than Hatton Garden Metals. I made the enquiry on Tuesday for 2 pieces of tatty gold and sent them off by sd on Tuesday afternoon. The site was informative, simple to navigate and straightforward. (All very important to one of my advanced years) And on Wednesday morning the money was in my bank account. What is more, the amount exceeded my expectations because my scales weren't as accurate as theirs. So win win and I highly recommend them to anyone who might be, as I was, rather nervous about sending items of value through the post to someone unknown. I must add that I had taken one item into a local jeweller who had offered substantially less money, but had at least tested it for me as it wasn't hallmarked. All in all a most rewarding experience.
  • I posted my Gold to them yesterday lunch time and payment is in my account less than 24 hours later.

I am very happy :-)
  • lou49
    lou49 Posts: 109 Forumite
    Brilliant service! Sent a gold dental crown on Wednesday and just received a cheque today, 48 hours later! Price was twice what I was offered at one of these 'We Buy your Gold' places at a nearby shopping mall.
  • brilliant site, thanks
  • brudie
    brudie Posts: 3 Newbie
    I am impressed
    I made an inquiry on the phone first, they suggested a quote first
    I sent them registered post. Cost £6.50
    It arrived by 10 am, I checked the royal mail tracking service.
    HGM rang me at at 10.15. quote was £712.30. I said yes.
    It was £80 less then my on line quote. They explained why. I put a piece down as 18crt, it was 9crt. I was not sure as there was no hallmark on it. The money was in my account by four in the afternoon. I could not praise them more. Wonderful!
    I would use them again. Please, all sceptics, have no fear.
  • cjj wrote: »
    used hgm last month. knew exactly how much I would get as they tell you on the web how much they pay per gram. It was double what 2 local jewelers were paying. Enter how much in weight you are sending and then send special delivery I think (insured up to £500 I think, check with PO). Money in bank next day. No arguments over weight, agreed with me and the gold price actually went up on the day we traded so I got even more than I was expecting. Very happy:j

I used Hatton Garden Metals for the first time yesterday. Sent old gold and silver jewellry yesterday afternoon. Received quote at 3.15pm today and nearly £1000 in bank at 5.30pm this afternoon. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again and will recommend to my friends. Absolutely brilliant compny to deal with.
  • claire1011
    claire1011 Posts: 58 Forumite
    Hi
    I sent off 194g of silver last monday, broken items, things that i no longer wear etc, posted by special delivery as advised, last thursday i received a cheque for £78.20. very prompt service, fantastic, highly recommended :)
  • I saw the feedback on Hatton Garden metals and thought I'd give them a go. Weighed my gold and sent it to them on Monday 16 July 2012 (royal mail special delivery). On Tuesday HGM emailed me to say they had my gold and how much they were going to pay - did I want to go ahead? The price was actually a bit more than I had calculated, so said yes immeditely. The cash was in my bank account the same day. Fantastic company to use, website is easy to navigate and they pay what they say they will. Only wish I had a bit more gold to sell!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback