How long does a refund take to show

I bought 10 of the same items from this seller but they only sent one and that was damaged. so i contacted the seller but they never replied so i got fed up of waiting and opened a dispute and asked for a full refund, I then get a reply saying they are not willing to give me a full refund but will give me a partial refund as they had to pay the postage. So i wasn't happy with this so i have escalated the paypal claim and now the seller keeps sending messages to send there item back as they have given me a refund. I have checked my paypal account and it don't show a refund and the dispute is showing awaiting other party's response. So can the seller give me a refund now i have escalated the claim or they trying to pull a fast one.

Comments

• mizelle
    mizelle Posts: 87
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Paypal claims can take 30-60 days. Apparently the process is quicker if you call them and speak to an agent.

I did that this morning with my claim and it was resolved in 5 minutes.

I had already returned my item by tracked delivery so that probably helped. Have you returned your item yet? If not, make sure to use the tracked service with Royal Mail. Once I'd given paypal my tracking number and they seen that it had been received at the other end, they just refunded me.

Hopefully your case will go as smoothly. Call them up and give it a try.

Good Luck. :)
  • I haven't sent the item back yet. I thought paypal would have sent me a message to say the seller has given me a refund.
  • caroline78
    caroline78 Posts: 857 Forumite
    As far as I remember you have to return the item first, use a trackable method, and upload the tracking number. Once it shows as being signed for then you automatically get a refund. You will get the full price you paid including postage, but not the return postage price.
    ;)I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport