Letter from Hillside Services

Comments

• Hi everyone,

my wife has received two letters from this company. One was to our old address and the other was received today to our recent recent address. My wife tried phoning them and she just gets a voicemail "05 services" or something or other.

Are these people debt collectors then? Should she keep trying to contact them?

getting worried now as I'm not sure what its for.

Thanks in advance for your help.
  • Peekay32
    Peekay32 Posts: 115 Forumite
    yosoy wrote: »
    I've had some similar postcards lately, last week it was a 'parcel delivery service' who, when I rang them, were interested in locating a 'John B' who they said it was addressed to. We have had many letters & callers asking if we know this 'John'. The personal callers seem to think he lives next door (which he doesn't). I do know my neighbour has a history of debt, but other than that he's a nice guy - but I'm fed up of being grilled by people as to who lives there.
    They're tracing agents and/or private investigators (poor ones at that).
  • thanks for your reply, should my wife get in contact with them then??

Does anyone know what companies they might work for? All we can think of is maybe there working on behalf of Natwest as my wife owes them some money but has been paying them a fixed amount for a while now. Would these people work on behalf of a big company like Natwest though?
  • Peekay32
    Peekay32 Posts: 115 Forumite
    rich_finch wrote: »
    thanks for your reply, should my wife get in contact with them then??

Does anyone know what companies they might work for? All we can think of is maybe there working on behalf of Natwest as my wife owes them some money but has been paying them a fixed amount for a while now. Would these people work on behalf of a big company like Natwest though?
    They'd possibly work on behalf of a company who has bought debt, but regardless, b*llocks to them, the burden of proof should be on them to prove someone's residency and not the other way round.
  • Hi,

My wife has just phoned Natwest and they say that the debt is no longer with them and is now with a third party but cannot say who, which I think is stupid.

So the Hillside services must be working for that third party I guess.

Does anyone know who Natwest might normally use as a debt collector? so we could call them directly.
  • can anyone help at all? thanks
  • there real address is traceandconnect . co . uk remove the spaces
  • Got one from hillside today, phoned them and challenged them about what their website says they said all that is written on here is lies i asked them why they havent defended themselves against what has been written on the intenet about them she said they are a confidential messanging company and she hung up

Pasted below is what their website reads

Hillside Messengers.

Hillside Messengers lead the way in reuniting you with your relatives, old friends or ex-colleagues.

Hillside Messengers low cost service gives you the opportunity to catch up and discuss the 'good old days' with someone you haven't seen for a while.

Call 01484 475826 or e-mail Hillside Messengers to find out how we can help you.
  • bettsie_2
    bettsie_2 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 17 September 2009 at 9:46AM
    i had a telephone call asking my son to call hillside services as they had been given my number as a contact no,. the persons name was richard gibson i called but could not speak to him as he was on the phone i asked the girl who they were and she said they were a company who pass on confidential messages my son does not stay at my home and hasnt done for over six years can they callmy home like this when he doesnt live here and is not on the electrol register or anything attached to the address:confused: the phone number i have is 01484475826 be aware i have noticed in the forum they use a lot of differant numbers
  • Just been to the trace and connect website and the managing director is David Williams, the same as the registered owner of hillside messengers.

Alas, I believe they have links to RBS/Natwest. We only owe them a missed loan payment for £300 and they haven't even asked us to repay it.

How can they refer a debt without even telling you?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure