Any car breakdown cover for cars over 10 years old?

2»

Comments

• Flyboy152
    Flyboy152 Posts: 17,118 Forumite
    Hammyman wrote: »
    I've had RAC cover paid with Tesco Clubcard points and had no problem with them coming out to my 25 year old Capri and my Dads 40 year old Morris Minor.

I would imagine a Morris Minor and a twenty-five year old Capri are far easier to repair, than a brand new Vauxhall Vectra.
    The greater danger, for most of us, lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low and achieving our mark
  • s_b
    s_b Posts: 4,463 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I would imagine a Morris Minor and a twenty-five year old Capri are far easier to repair, than a brand new Vauxhall Vectra.

and of course the man that came to repair it at the roadside understands points and condensors and even stocks them in his van next to the renault pencil coils...................
  • Hammyman
    Hammyman Posts: 9,913 Forumite
    s_b wrote: »
    and of course the man that came to repair it at the roadside understands points and condensors and even stocks them in his van next to the renault pencil coils...................

Actually when my dads moggy broke down, the guy did. Not only that, he went off to a local motor factors, bought a new set of points and condenser, fitted them and set the timing.

I got the feeling there was a bit of nostalgia going on as it was well above the call of duty.

With the Capri, one of the large seals on the oil cooler takeoff plate had gone and it was late at night so was a recovery job.
  • Tilt
    Tilt Posts: 3,599 Forumite
    Im in the AA and I have my 11 year old Punto HGT (from new). Havn't ever had to call them out though and touch wood, the way it loves motorways, I don't see that I will need them anytime soon.
    PLEASE NOTE
    My advice should be used as guidance only. You should always obtain face to face professional advice before taking any action.
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    We had AA then RAC cover on our 11 year old Yaris until we got shot of it - we only had to call them out once when the tyre got knackered when OH drove over something in the road. They were very good and the price wasnt bad either - we've got cover now through Toyota on the new Yaris.
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • KillerWatt
    KillerWatt Posts: 1,655 Forumite
    Green Flag quite happily cover our 15 year old import Isuzu, and that does create problems for them if recovery is needed as it weighs in at 2.6 tonnes (so no towing on a dolly or stiff bar unless the towing vehicle can meet the MAM).
    Remember kids, it's the volts that jolt and the mills that kill.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure