0345 calls

Hope someone can help with a query about Post Office phone call rates. I need to ring the tax credits office and it now has a 0345 number. I have a Post Office phone and broadband deal, and checked their website to find out the cost of 0345 calls. I could find no reference to them, as they are not listed in the evening and weekend packages of inlcusive calls.So I then rang their customer service number, and was firstly told that they are included but was then told that they are not included in the packages, and that they cost 5p per min. I feel rather unsure of the changing advice I was given. Can anyone confirm what the position is?

Comments

• Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    Calls to ANY 03 number must be charged at the same rate as an 01 or 02 number.

Hence, if you have 01 & 02 inclusive calls, 03 calls will be inclusive calls too.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • WNBRich
    WNBRich Posts: 73 Forumite
    Thanks Heinz.
    I do have inclusive calls for 01 - 03 numbers, but I was thrown by the conflicting advice I was given. The initial advice was as you said, but she then said that as it was a non-geographic number, and neither a 0845 or a 0870 number, it was not included in the inclusive calls.
  • OldGreyFox
    OldGreyFox Posts: 1,403 Forumite
    "National and local calls that begin with an 01, 02 or 03 prefix are inclusive for 60 minutes in the Evening and Weekend charge periods. After 60 minutes calls are charged at 5.36p per minute."

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/sites/default/files/pricing_tablesv30.pdf
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport