Sofa from DFS!!!

2»

Comments

• dashnine
    dashnine Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Has anyone had good experiences from DFS before? I would like to get a feeling as to whether the general consensus is good or bad before I take the plunge because at the moment the vibes that I am getting from DFS are bad.[/QUOTE]
  • dashnine
    dashnine Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    dwhl wrote:
    Has anyone had good experiences from DFS before? I would like to get a feeling as to whether the general consensus is good or bad before I take the plunge because at the moment the vibes that I am getting from DFS are bad.
    Let's try again - messed up my first post!

We got 2 leather sofas from DFS in March, ordered on 3rd Jan this year. Arrived before specified delivery date and with no problems. Only one slight surprise, DFS delivery wouldn't take the old suite away as they had nowhere to dispose of them. We eventually found a charity to come and collect it.

Loads of people buy from DFS without problems, you only hear about the bad experiences (as someone once said: no-one goes to the doctors when there's nothing wrong with them). We fell for the insurance ploy as well, we even said it'd be great in case we split curry on it - which the salesman said was a good idea - he'd never used that line before, except that on reading the small print curry (tumeric) stains are not covered.... Still, we got a nice (expensive!) cleaning kit.

If you've found a suite you like - go for it. Never, ever, ever buy at full DFS price, if the suite you want isn't on sale now - it will be at the next Bank Holiday, or the one after that, etc. as designs get replaced (as ours was).
  • mekondelta
    mekondelta Posts: 55 Forumite
    We managed to knock down the price of coating 5 seats with SecureGuard (or something similar) from 140GBP to 80GBP. This was from Furniture Village but I assume there's room for negotiaition from DFS as well...
    Normal price is 35GBP/seat.
  • hellofreebies
    hellofreebies Posts: 1,085 Forumite
    not sure if you have a land of leather showroom near you but they are definately worth considering.... i got mine last year for £899 for a three seater and two seater..all the seats recline apart from the middle seat on the three seater...not a bad price considering the leather is of a outstanding quality...needless to say being a ivory colour i opted for there five year stain removal and repair guarantee which also includes a free sofa cleaning service to be used with in one year of purchasing...take a look on what they have on offer... though i did find my deal at the time in one of the sunday papers..

land of leather
  • dashnine wrote: »
    Has anyone had good experiences from DFS before? I would like to get a feeling as to whether the general consensus is good or bad before I take the plunge because at the moment the vibes that I am getting from DFS are bad.
    [/QUOTE]
    we had a problem with our bed settee with the cushions but they have now sorted it out with no problems just wanted to say we are happy with dfs. p.k
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure