British Gas late paying FITS

Has anyone else experienced delays receiving their FITS payments? British Gas is supposed to pay withing 28 days of receiving my solar reading. My last reading was on 12 April and it took them 27 days to process my reading meaning I won't now be paid for a further 28 days from 9th of May. They are so good at taking your money, but not so good at paying out!!

Comments

• keith_r59
    keith_r59 Posts: 255 Forumite
    I'm with e.on and they promise to pay within 10 working days and so far on both occasions they have done so.

You are permitted to transfer your FIT payments to another energy supplier if you are unhappy with the service being provided by BG.
  • ukrob962
    ukrob962 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Thanks for your reply. 10 days is pretty quick. I have been with BG for a year now and it has gone well despite the 28 days wait. However, if it continues like this I will certainly look to switch. Maybe this is what they want!

May I ask you a couple of questions?
    1. Do you give your readings via telephone or e-mail?
    2. Do you get paid by cheque or bank transfer?

Thanks in advance.
  • keith_r59
    To answer you questions:

1. First time I rang them in and the second time I used e-mail. Received a FIT statement in a couple of days on both occasions
    2. Money gets paid straight into my bank savings account
  • ukrob962
    Thanks again for your reply.
    I get paid by cheque and get no FIT statement at all!

Seems e.on is far more efficient all round.
  • leedsmodus
    leedsmodus Posts: 162 Forumite
    what are fits
  • Antispam
    Antispam Posts: 6,636 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I think its Feed In Tarrifs for solar panels that suppliers pay homeowners f they have them
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    good energy is also very slow. Reading provided 11th march and still no payment
  • ukrob962
    Good energy states on their website the following:
    "It tends to take around six weeks from us submitting your figures to you
    receiving your payment. But rest assured it is our priority to pay you as soon
    as we can".

They are indeed late. It doesn't seem much of a priority to them does it? Have you chased them?
    I wonder if anyone is regulating all these energy companies because it seems they can just do what they want and get away with it.

• keith_r59
    How can any company justify taking six weeks to send out a payment? I would suggest moving your FITs to somewhere else.
  • I'm with British Gas as well for my FIT payments as I wrongly assumed that I had to register with the supplier of my electricity to get the payments! To be fair, they did pay out my first FIT payment fairly promptly (I think it took them 2-3 weeks to send out the cheque) but they were unable to provide a written calculation of how they had worked it out! When I phoned them to query the payment, they were able to advise me over the phone how it had been calculated, but advised me that they didn't have a system set up yet to send out written calculations!

I'm due to submit my next reading at the end of May and will monitor the situation again. It is a bit of a nuisance being paid by cheque as it means a trek to the bank but at least they are paying out!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure