Cancelling a holiday with Thomas Cook

Options
2»

Comments

• stacey21_2
    stacey21_2 Posts: 939 Forumite
    Options
    I would buy it now then! I'm not too sure but I think the insurance company would take the date you confirmed with a doctor as the date you then knew you had to claim i.e you buy insurance on the 5th but go to the doctor on the 10th. They are hardly going to argue you knew before you bought the insurance? :) insure and go are really good for cheap insurance :)
    :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin
  • deva
    deva Posts: 935 Forumite
    Options
    holidays are cheapest in nov/dec if it is possible to travel then do so- where was original booing to? if you have to change the dates only then it will cost you less?
  • Tulip
    Tulip Posts: 29,324 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    cant advise you on what to do poodledoodledoo but congratulations on your pregnancy :)

Katie :)
  • poodledoodledoo
    Options
    deva wrote: »
    holidays are cheapest in nov/dec if it is possible to travel then do so- where was original booing to? if you have to change the dates only then it will cost you less?
    My original holiday was to Fuerteventura. I think it would be possible for me to travel at the beginning of November so I could do a search on the internet to see if there is much difference in cost. I'm quite happy to stick with the same accommodation.
    Thanks to everyone who posts comps, I love winning prizes big and small
    :A:A:A:A:A:A:A:A
  • poodledoodledoo
    Options
    Tulip wrote: »
    cant advise you on what to do poodledoodledoo but congratulations on your pregnancy :)

Katie :)

Thanks! Hasn't quite sunk in yet as it (obviously) wasn't planned but hey, I like surprises.

:)
  • stacey21_2
    stacey21_2 Posts: 939 Forumite
    Options
    And btw Congratulations!
    :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin
  • budgetflyer
    budgetflyer Posts: 5,949 Forumite
    Options
    stacey21 wrote: »
    If the OP purchased travel insurance today could she not claim as she may not know she is pregnant right now ;-)

i.e she might only find out next week ;-) AFTER she purchased

That would be "fraud".
    Not really different from shoplifting, but people seem to view it different. We wouldnt advise poodledoodledoo to go ito Boots and nick all the baby stuff she is going to need, but defrauding an insurance company-who cares eh?

doodledoodledoo, how youre future child turns out,is based on what he or she is taught. Your standards will be their standards. Your manners will be their manners etc. Do the right thing and it will turn out best.
  • poodledoodledoo
    Options
    That would be "fraud".
    Not really different from shoplifting, but people seem to view it different. We wouldnt advise poodledoodledoo to go ito Boots and nick all the baby stuff she is going to need, but defrauding an insurance company-who cares eh?

doodledoodledoo, how youre future child turns out,is based on what he or she is taught. Your standards will be their standards. Your manners will be their manners etc. Do the right thing and it will turn out best.

Already have 3 great boys thanks...like to think that I generally do the right thing as far as bringing them up to be fair and honest is concerned.

I'm not planning to cancel the holiday anyway unless I really have to...would rather change the dates but didn't realise until I posted on here that I would be able to as I've never been on holiday abroad with the kids before.
  • nearlyrich
    nearlyrich Posts: 13,698 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Options
    I don't think travel insurance covers you for pregnancy anyway but as others have said fraud is not condoned on this website.

Congratualtions to the OP, hopefully the travel company will be able to rearrange your holiday without too much extra cost.
    Free impartial debt advice from: National Debtline or Stepchange[/CENTER]
  • poodledoodledoo
    Options
    nearlyrich wrote: »
    I don't think travel insurance covers you for pregnancy anyway but as others have said fraud is not condoned on this website.

Congratualtions to the OP, hopefully the travel company will be able to rearrange your holiday without too much extra cost.
    I'm going to ring them tomorrow and see where I stand. I'm willing to be quite flexible about dates and location if needs be.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family