Citymain Administrators/Buymobilephones.net

Comments

• kennyvinegar
    kennyvinegar Posts: 65
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I've just had my first £5.99 go out....I don't normally have mobile insurance and was considering keeping it as a 'just in case'. I won't bother, their offices are closed today so will cancel the direct debit and phone on Tuesday to cancel.
    I'm a girlie whirlie despite my username
  • Thanks for your post. I had a very tough time in 2005 with lots of bank charges, so I am currently going through the process of writing to get those refunded. In the process, I have come across monthly City Main Administration charges. I remember calling to query these in 2007 and demanded a refund, to no effect. I remember purchasing my mobile in-store, but cannot remember what store. The details of this insurance were not explained to me; I was simply asked to sign a form. I never take out insurance on mobile phones, so would not have agreed to it if it had been offered to me. What a con.
  • Hello,

I am paying the insurance from buymobilephones and last week I lost my phone. I've done everything that is needed including reporting to the police and my network and fill up the claim form. After 5 days, I called them and they said that my claim is decline because the policy did not cover any loss phone. Now I lost my phone and also lost my money from paying them. Is there anyone there who could advise me if I can still get a claim from them? thanks in advance
  • my mother kathleen stone who took a contact with buymobilephones.net in november 2012. we have been trying to cancel the insurance with citymain administrators. of course you have to ring up a 0844 number wait while a million options before you get to speak to a real person. My mother is not a tech savy person who does use e mail etc. when placing the call to city administr the lady named kay wished to speak to my mother as it was her account (fair enough) has she asked question such as for email address that was used to open the account i had to tell my mother as she used mine one when the purchase took place, she then said as mother had to be told the e mail address it was breaking the data protection act even if my mother was the one speaking. i found her to be very unhelpful and seemed to be trying deter and slow down the process.
    this sort of should not be allowed !
  • New number for the insurance group (bloody !!!!!!!s): 08445762300. Found it very easy to cancel the policy (which I had no idea that I had it), but buymobilephones said there was a box to tick for insurance at the bottom of the screen- I didn't see that!! Does anyone know the email address for Citymain?? So that I can see if I can get a refund
    Penzance1980 if I were you, tell your mother to ring up again and tell her the email address before, normally they allow other people to speak on your behalf if you give permission to do so hmmm... I got through quite quickly to them...
  • Last week we discovered that city main had been deducting £5.99 a month from my sons account since January 2010. On realisation they were called and the policy was cancelled with immediate effect, when I queried claiming the payments back I was advised to email them. Email was sent on same day stating that we were still in receipt of original invoice for phone and nowhere did it indicate that insurance had been taken out. A full refund was requested. The email was not acknowledged but today 4 working days later full refund is in his account. Result!! It can be done :)

What is the email address? Thank you
  • noirenex
    noirenex Posts: 16 Forumite
    Hi there,

Just to update this for anyone else who finds it, I phoned the number mentioned above and it suggested I could cancel via texting 81400 with my 'CANCEL Surname Postcode', tried it and had a confirmation that my insurance was indeed cancelled.

As they say, the proof is in the pudding, so will see if they did indeed cancel it.

I only just got my phone so maybe this is just to cancel the trial that comes with it?
  • chazzie83
    chazzie83 Posts: 56 Forumite
    I just cancelled mine was very easy done in 2 minutes.
  • nicki_d987
    nicki_d987 Posts: 33
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi Everyone,

Just to let you know buymobilephones and city main are still trying this one! I bought my mobile last week and categorically unticked the month's free insurance "offer" and then confirmed, "no, i do not wish to take out the insurance" lo and behold, three days later I get an email with my policy details and direct debit details.

Now I actually bought my last phone from buymobilephones and so already had a policy with citymain admin (hence why I didn't need another one) I was just going to ask them to update the policy to reflect my new phone. However, I think it's really cheeky to conduct business in this manner, and have had a look on the MSE mobile phone insurance page and you can actually get more covered, for £1.00 less a month, so inactual fact, I will now be phoning to cancel both policies.

:)
  • Hi, yet another sucker here. Have just cancelled the DD, both at the bank end and via a text link which is now given when you call the landline number. Also commented, via phone to my bank, who have reinstated the "stolen" money under an "indemnity" process. There is "get out' clause though, so we'll have to wait and see if it holds. But, hopefully, if enough people comment/complain, banks might start being a little more responsible about DD's..............won't hold my breath though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure