Sample British Railway Modelling e-magazine & app

slbhill
slbhill Posts: 5,441
First Anniversary First Post
Forumite
edited 2 July 2012 at 2:56PM in Freebies (no spend required)
Details here

Our BRM app for mobile devices is now FREE - use it to browse our digital editions, buy single editions or subscribe and download each issue. PLUS download our brand new FREE 20-page sample edition featuring layouts, reviews and more - see what you're missing!

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• VoucherMan
    VoucherMan Posts: 2,770
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Doesn't work.

As it's free you don't need to register any card details, just an email.

Get through to checkout & it says Failed Transaction Details so it looks like no free copy unless you're willing to give them all your contact & payment details.
  • Analyst
    Analyst Posts: 1,519
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Look in your ordered history and you will see that it is there. The only information you have to supply is an email address and pasword.
  • As a way of selling you a mag this does not work for me as the software they used make it unreadable.

Epic Fail in my view
  • kingfisherblue
    kingfisherblue Posts: 9,203
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    I clicked on this, thinking my son would be interested. I don't think I will bother though, after reading the feedback from other posters.
  • VoucherMan
    Forumite
    Analyst wrote: »
    Look in your ordered history and you will see that it is there. The only information you have to supply is an email address and pasword.

Okay so I've looked at my order history

Online Orders

Order Id Total Completed Order Date
    162811 £ 0.00 True 9 Jun 2012
    162812 £ 0.00 True 9 Jun 2012
    162813 £ 0.00 True 9 Jun 2012
    162901 £ 0.00 True 10 Jun 2012

and the actual order

Order Id Total Completed Created At
    162901 £ 0.00 True 6/10/2012 10:07:19 AM

Product Type Product Name Quantity Price Total
    Digital Issue British Railway Modelling - FREE 20-Page Sample. 1 £ 0.00 £ 0.00
    1 SubTotal £ 0.00

Payments

Card Prefix Successful Total Proccessed At Failed Transaction Details

So where is it?

It's not been emailed to me. There's no download link.

As has been suggested on other forums - it looks like a good data harvesting tool.
  • Analyst
    Analyst Posts: 1,519
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    VoucherMan wrote: »
    Okay so I've looked at my order history

Online Orders

Order Id Total Completed Order Date
    162811 £ 0.00 True 9 Jun 2012
    162812 £ 0.00 True 9 Jun 2012
    162813 £ 0.00 True 9 Jun 2012
    162901 £ 0.00 True 10 Jun 2012

and the actual order

Order Id Total Completed Created At
    162901 £ 0.00 True 6/10/2012 10:07:19 AM

Product Type Product Name Quantity Price Total
    Digital Issue British Railway Modelling - FREE 20-Page Sample. 1 £ 0.00 £ 0.00
    1 SubTotal £ 0.00

Payments

Card Prefix Successful Total Proccessed At Failed Transaction Details

So where is it?

It's not been emailed to me. There's no download link.

As has been suggested on other forums - it looks like a good data harvesting tool.

Under the column completed it says true. That is how you know that you have it.

To read it, you need to install the app and then download it to your device.
  • VoucherMan
    Forumite
    Analyst wrote: »
    Under the column completed it says true. That is how you know that you have it.

To read it, you need to install the app and then download it to your device.
    Just gone back and re-read the sample page as I wanted to view it on the laptop

Please note that these are digital editions. After purchase your issue(s) will appear in the My Magazines section of Pocketmags

So it is viewable, but at the risk of being picky, only using an online viewer. I can't find a way to download it for viewing later when offline.
  • If you download the reader (you have a choice of 2) it will automatically download the magazine:)
  • Hi,

Pocketmags is the site they have used to distribute this digital magazine and they don't need payment or personal details for you to get the free magazine: you only need to click 'buy' on this page (you'll notice the price is £0...!):

And then if you go to your 'basket' and 'checkout' you'll be prompted to register (or log in, if you're already registered).

Registration *does not* require you to enter any payment info - only your name, email and a password. Job done. Then just click 'my magazines' to get to the free sample issue of BRM. Click on the cover and you can read it in your browser.

For those who don't want to read the magazine in the browser, there's an offline reader available from the Pocketmags homepage.

Yes - as with all digital media these days, this isn't as straightforward as enter your email address and get sent the magazine, but it still seems pretty good!

Hope this helps,

Steve
  • Easy as pie, registered and was reading the mag in under 5 minutes.

Pretty sure there's a Dummies guide out there for the challenged members finding difficulty in following the instructions...... :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure