Amazon Prime membership -

SORRY,

I know this is not the place but cannot find anywhere else that fits! :confused:

I have made a school boy mistake - i agreed to months trial of Amazon Prime but forgot and 3 days ago they took £49-00 for the next 12 months. I will not get value for money as i buy very little from Amazon.

There is an option that says, If you havent used the preferential postal system you can cancel account. BUT what i cannot find anywhere is,

do i get my money back?

I cannot see any point in offering this option if you dont , but i dont want to cancel 3 days in if i loose any benefit for the next 362 days and dont get my money back.

SORRY again,

Google is our friend
Can I cancel my membership to Amazon Prime?

You can cancel your membership in Your Account at any time before you or your registered guests have made any eligible purchases and we will refund your full membership fee. To do this, visit the Manage Your Prime Account section of Your Account and click the "Cancel membership" button. It can take up to two days for completing this process. For any trial or other promotional memberships you may cancel such membership at any time by visiting the "Manage Your Prime Account section" of Your Account and selecting the "Do not upgrade" button.
Ta

Comments

• asharon
    asharon Posts: 1,226
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I would give them a call and speak to them, I wouldn't email as I think you get better results on the phone.
    Nice to save.
  • ZootHornRollo
    ZootHornRollo Posts: 985 Forumite
    if you used the service during the free trial those purchases may count towards the eligable purchases.
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits
  • yakumofuji
    yakumofuji Posts: 13 Forumite
    I had the same issue two weeks ago, as long as you have not ordered anything using amazon prime since they took payment then you can get a full refund just cancel it as normal and you will get your money back
  • freddysmith
    freddysmith Posts: 2,002
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Reading your post my understanding would be that you can cancel at any time as long as no eligible purchase has been made and this will be for a full refund of your £49.00. Its in black and white in my eyes.....Good Luck

And also I think its quite fair of Amazon to offer this.
  • martinmarv
    martinmarv Posts: 191 Forumite
    Sorry, but exactly the same thing happened to my sister and Amazon would not refund the money.
  • freddysmith
    freddysmith Posts: 2,002
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    martinmarv wrote: »
    Sorry, but exactly the same thing happened to my sister and Amazon would not refund the money.

Looks like Amazon would owe your sister £49 if she did not use the Prime service.

Here is the Amazon link

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200182130&pop-up=1
  • ukmonkey
    ukmonkey Posts: 3,024
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    rwilts wrote: »
    Last edited by rwilts : Today at 3:45 PM. Reason: fool

Classic!

ROFL.
  • point3
    point3 Posts: 1,830 Forumite
    If you can't cancel, then maybe you can share the cost with friends or other family members. You can invite up to 4 other people to share your membership. It's supposed to be for other household members, but actually it allows delivery to any address and it's easy to sign up guests as long as you know each other's birthdays.

I've ordered loads more than usual from Amazon during my month's trial!
  • rwilts
    rwilts Posts: 135 Forumite
    UPDATE

Ok , did i say that i emailed them?

Anyway, once i read the terms found via a google search i jumped in and cancelled.

Had two emails back within 3 hours.

1. Accepting on line cancellation.

2. In reply to my email a very nice email apologizing for any confusion and stating that they had processed my refund and i will see it on my next card statement.

Fairs fair very impressed with response and attitude.
    :T
    Ta
  • Hi, same thing happend to me!
    when I was asked if I would like to try the 30 days FREE trial, I said yes and I can't remember I gave them my card details to sign up the free trial. However, when I check my bank statement today, I realised that amazon has taken £49 from the card that I used to purchase stuff from Amazon.

Dont get me wrong, I absolutely love amazon, great products, great service but I really dont like the idea that they keep your card details which I used to think it's rather handy! How could they take payment without asking?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure