CCleaner Freeware

Options
Not sure if this has been posted in freebies recently.

CCleaner is a freeware system optimization and privacy tool. It removes unused files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. But the best part is that it's fast (normally taking less than a second to run) and contains NO Spyware or Adware! :)

http://www.ccleaner.com/

Comments

• trinity1_2
    trinity1_2 Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    I've been using this for a year now and it is grea.
    You can also get it to 'Analyse' the system so you can view the files before they are removed.
  • mattytun
    mattytun Posts: 13,920 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Xmas Saver! Savvy Shopper! Energy Saving Champion
    Options
    i posted some good stuff all free for computer if anyones intrested ;)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=846465&highlight=FREE+PROTECTION+FOR+YOUR+COMPUTER
    Can't sleep, quit counting sheep and talk directly to the shepherd :cool:
  • Nikinakinoo
    Nikinakinoo Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Really good!!i looked on homepage of site and amazing what you can get for free!!Vista problem fixing(Yey),Free Pro software,Really worth 5minutes browsing & save a fortune...the small donation is payable through Paypal which is cool too!!Thanks
  • Fortyfoot
    Fortyfoot Posts: 1,957 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have a look on MSE forum TECH STUFF, all you need is there, together with more good advice.

Fortyfoot
  • ITFCNUT
    ITFCNUT Posts: 275 Forumite
    Options
    I was listening to the gadget detective on Talksport and he recommended c cleaner which I have been using for around 18months now and is brill,he also said to download a programme called EUSING which you can get from download.com which does the same thing but gets rid of some things that c cleaner doesn't.I have used it once since Thursday and works great too.Eusing is totally free too.

I hope this is of some use to someone
  • ianjamie7
    ianjamie7 Posts: 361 Forumite
    Options
    Originally posted by bigtel

post_old.gif 04-06-2007, 6:06 PM #2 bigtel vbmenu_register("postmenu_5373162", true);
    MoneySaving Convert
    1_star.gif

icon1.gif
    Download CCCleaner www.ccleaner.com

If you click Tools you can Uninstall programs than way. Once unstalled click Issues and then Scan for Issues and it will scan all the little bits its left behind. Fix the Selected Issues then backup the changes when it asks just incase it takes off something it shouldn't.

Last edited by bigtel : 04-06-2007 at 6:45 PM.
    user_offline.gif [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com?subject=Reporting%20post%20http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=5373162"]report.gif[/EMAIL]
  • billsavings
    billsavings Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    Options
    ITF!!!! wrote: »
    I was listening to the gadget detective on Talksport and he recommended c cleaner which I have been using for around 18months now and is brill,he also said to download a programme called EUSING which you can get from download.com which does the same thing but gets rid of some things that c cleaner doesn't.I have used it once since Thursday and works great too.Eusing is totally free too.

I hope this is of some use to someone

http://www.eusing.com/free_registry_cleaner/registry_cleaner.htm
  • angel
    angel Posts: 2,017 Forumite
    Options
    Do you have to be careful incase you delete something that you shouldn't?
    :smileyhea "here, hare, here" :smileyhea
  • cwp500
    cwp500 Posts: 530 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    ITF!!!! wrote: »
    I c cleaner which I have been using for around 18months now and is brill,he also said to download a programme called EUSING which you can get from download.com which does the same thing but gets rid of some things that c cleaner doesn't.I

Cleaning your registry is always fraught with danger but CCleaner is a really great piece of software. Please all get it and use it regularly.

Eusing is ok but not as thorough although there is a useful piece of software called a EULA analyser from Eusing which will let you quickly assess T and C's and highlight any dubious conditions.
    :o Keep trying.........................what else is there to do? :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport