PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

December 2012 Grocery Challenge!!!!! REALLLY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Comments

• Billie-jo
    Billie-jo Posts: 1,221 Forumite
    And were off . . . first spends of Dec today on a few bits from A!di - bread, celery, curry sauce, orange juice and cream. £8.01 spent.
    Have used some of the celery in a soup which is almost ready to be blitzed up and then some cream added. Should be nice with some crusty bread later on.

Curry & rice for tea tonight with naan breads. Will be going to do the weekly shop either tomorrow or Friday.
    No snow here yet but it is cold although sunny.
    MARCH £62.38/250
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I just checking in briefly. Still no further food spends and should hopefully be fine till Saturday/Sunday. BF is away tonight and Saturday night and I'm at a free works dinner on Friday. So that should save some proper cooked meals as I'll just have toast or sth. Tried baking a bread yesterday but it didn't rise properly, so I'll try again tonight.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • My NSD turned into a small spend day. Was going to make bread today but ended up going out for coffee with a family member. So bought bread, crumpets (for freezer) and a packet of cooked meats for lunches. Spent £4.74 - not bad!
    Stay at home Mum to DS Oct 2011 and DD Dec 2013
    Grocery Challenge

April 298.08/300.00 NSD 14 May £213.56/£300 NSD 4
  • mummyyof5
    mummyyof5 Posts: 1,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    NSD today..thankfully,fish,chips and mushy peas for tea.
    Feeding 6 Adults 1 Teen a 8 year old with hollow legs and a very fussy 5 year old. Also 3 cats and 3 fishies
    To include all Food,Toiletries and Petfood.
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I've just added £12 to my sig as had £11 something at tosco extra. Bread, cheese, ingredients for nachos for the weekend. Wanted to go today before I collect the kiddies as the weather forecast isn't good, and I don't want to be taking the littlies round shopping in bad weather. Or good weather, for that matter :D

We are going to the christingle service on Sunday, and have invited a friend and her DD hence the nachos, hopefully something warm and fun to eat, party style before we head out into the cold. Will do bolognese topped for the littlies and chilli topped for us big 'uns.

ETA I saw some reduced items inc chocolate (not huge reductions) but did not waver, I only bought what we needed :T 6months ago I'd have spent twice as much!
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,760 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    jumblejack wrote: »
    I like the idea of a budget diary too! I might actually do that for 2013!!!!

Brilliant idea!!

I keep a cash book, hand written. I write in the money available at the start of each month, then all my bills and direct debits out (including petrol), then an amount out for each week's food shop and an amount each week for "odds, sods and other things". I like to keep track of what should be in the bank and this is the easiest way. I tick each item off as it is spent/paid. Boring but effective.

MoonJelly wrote: »
    I hope I don't get stoned but I CAN'T do the grocery challenge for December. Hubby is coming back from overseas and I will be spending on goodies such as a duck for Christmas Day. We have a birthday and a wedding anniversary. We also have a family reunion to celebrate a wedding and baby in the family and we are suppose to bring something to the event.
    I will try to keep the budget around £300 but don't think I can do it for less.
    Sorry, I feel like such a wimp...:p

Don't feel bad, just enjoy your family being together.
    bossymoo wrote: »

We are going to the christingle service on Sunday, and have invited a friend and her DD hence the nachos, hopefully something warm and fun to eat, party style before we head out into the cold. Will do bolognese topped for the littlies and chilli topped for us big 'uns.

The last time we went to one of those my small son couldn't believe his luck at being handed a lighted candle. I spent most of the time a nervous wreck watching him carry it (with some justification, he'd just shaken his "charity penny collection candle" so hard that he'd caused a money fountain in the aisle).

I've spent £42.64 this week, but the cats won't starve if we're snowed in and neither will we run out of cat litter. We won't starve either, but I'd already seen to that :rotfl:
  • A small spend for me today £6 to add clemintines mince pies pointy peppers bread n biscuits ... everyone seems to be hanging onto their pennies really well so far this month x
    2 week 5:2=5.5lb off.
  • 29p on some YS buns
  • came in under budget last month aiming for £250 this month please
    200 weeks £25,000.00 / £700
  • Just under €30 spent today. Almond milk, oatcakes, dark chocolate, veggie jelly, vegan cheese, broccoli and two big bags of veggie Percy Pigs. Could have well done without the pigs, but I'm very stressed with college and find that a couple of little treats help keep me from going round the bend!

Frozen fish, veg and baked potato for himself for dinner. I'm having a poached duck egg instead of fish.
    Attempting to stay on track in the Grocery Challenge!

Occasionally blogging at CookingTheBooks!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure