Advice about an Employer who will not pay DEO of Employee

Comments

• Thank you for all comments so far, The NRP isnt a managing director he hasnt the skills or capital to form a company.

The CSA and or Firm of NRP have messed up payments having paid erratically or having to be bullied into paying.

CSA (Belfast) have said that they have sent out four warning letters to NRP Firm and also to an accountant who the firm said should be doing the deductions...

Basically the NRP and Employer are doing smoke and mirrors to avoid, the NRP has a history of telling people lies about his Ex and how she lives in a mansion and drives the latest reg car when thats the furthest from the truth he really is a sad individual.

The Csa rang up last week from 8 am until 11:50am and they kept getting the run around it wasnt until 11:50am that the MD finally answered the phone only to promise sending a BACS over to them for the non payment of Oct's money.... NRP gets paid at the end of every month!

But June, July, Aug and Sept were all erratic and Sept money had to be bullied out of MD by CSA who used the inspector threat then... The CSA tell PWC that the case no longer has a case worker because they assumed that the DEO would sort things out, so its often between three people that the case is juggled between.

I shall advise my g/friend PWC to chase up the CSA and demand to speak with Supervisor or call back with a view to going to Compliance Officers....

Many thanks for advice given so far, feel free to contribute further.

Genesisman80
  • To save money on the phone bill, ask for a team leader to call back, they should do this within two working days.
  • Blob
    Blob Posts: 1,011 Forumite
    That will happen only if you are very lucky!!!
  • pd001
    pd001 Posts: 871 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Blob wrote: »
    That will happen only if you are very lucky!!!

Totally agree!
  • if the employer is messing about the CSA should by now be either threatening or sending in inspectors (by inspectors read face to face officers) They have the ability to do this and it is a case of making a referral, not all officers are aware of this, so ring up and do some demanding - but always remember the person at the end of the phone is human too, a lot of them also have cases with the CSA and they don't want to hear what a .....the NRP is. Stick to the facts.

Good luck!
  • To save money on the phone bill, ask for a team leader to call back, they should do this within two working days.
    Except the vast majority of team leaders have no idea what can or can't be done, they usually repeat to you what the case officer has told them - unless they have been a case officer, few of them have any idea what is actually involved in doing a case!
  • Blob
    Blob Posts: 1,011 Forumite
    Too right, they also have a problem in understanding the terminology of the CSA and have no idea about the Law they are bound by! This has been proved in Court when the CSA bod had to say he did not know the Law to the Judge, this produced a look of total disbelief from the Judge! It has also been proved in front of my MP, when 2 of them turned up, one was the Regional Manager for SRT!

This must beg the question of just what chance have any of us got with them???
  • skibadee
    skibadee Posts: 1,304 Forumite
    Just to say the name of your GF's employer should not of been given to NRP.....as neither should his to her.
  • Except the vast majority of team leaders have no idea what can or can't be done, they usually repeat to you what the case officer has told them - unless they have been a case officer, few of them have any idea what is actually involved in doing a case!

I'll admit that it depends on the team leader, the majority of the ones I've known have been pretty sound.
  • Hiya, I just found out that the CSA inposed a DEO which was successful on the NRP via his employer, only to be told by the employer that the NRP 'no longer works there'. (I was overjoyed that the CSA finally had legal jurisdiction on the NRP as he has wormed his way out of paying for years)

No longer employed?? This came as a surprise to me. I am skeptical about anything with regards to my ex as he has gone to great lengths to avoid paying child support for several years now. Just when he was within legal grasp of the CSA, this happens. (He has also sold his house recently and moved, I have no way of knowing where as he has severed ties with our children)

So my skepticism asks, is there anything he could have arranged with the employer to make it look like he is unemployed? The CSA said they will look further into everything due to his serial non-compliance, but really...what can they do if he has moved on!!!

Any thoughts?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport