Wedding cake

Hi,

Does anyone know where/what is the cheapest way to get a nice wedding cake? I am getting married in less than 2 weeks and the main thing that is left is the wedding cake!!

I would really like a nice one but we are on a very tight budget. I have time to decorate it if that helps.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Maz

Comments

• RVK2
    RVK2 Posts: 379 Forumite
    Tesco do a range of plain white-iced cakes and apparently M&S do something suitable too.
  • busby1_2
    busby1_2 Posts: 134 Forumite
    So do asda, a plain white iced cake in 3 sizes they also do the tires, so you can stack it high :) very little decorating needed as it looks like a wedding cake, they also do the bride and groom to sit on top :)

Congrats, hope you have a good day
  • callansdad
    callansdad Posts: 766 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I actually have a similar query to this. I was under the impression that the cakes at the stores above was fruit. We would much rather prefer sponge or chocolate. Any suggestions?
    A banker is someone who lends you an umbrella when the sun is shining, and who asks for it back when it start to rain.
  • Broken_hearted
    Broken_hearted Posts: 9,553 Forumite
    A lot of people on confetti and hitched recomend Marks and Spencer
    Barclaycard 3800

Nothing to do but hibernate till spring

• busby1_2
    The cakes that are designed to be wedding cakes are fruit, but asda also do a large white iced sponge cake, its the one you can get photos printed on I dont think it comes in different sizes, but that would only matter if you was planing on a tiered cake

Again Congrats :)
  • busby1_2
    A lot of people on confetti and hitched recomend Marks and Spencer

Marks & Sparks do a range too, but cost a lot more and i have not tasted them, I have tasted asda's and they are good
  • emma_b_4
    emma_b_4 Posts: 1,292 Forumite
    you could get a fruit and a sponge one, im getting two sponge cakes and a fruit cake from asda or m and s for our wedding and then putting ribbon around it and buying the bride and grrom decoration from a cake stall on the market

have lovely wedding day!
  • VickyA_2
    VickyA_2 Posts: 4,533 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    My mum went to a wedding where they had a Marks & Sparks cake. She was most impressed. They sell the different sizes of tiers, all covered in white icing, ready for decorating/placing flowers on each tier.

Mum is making my cake, and don't I know it :D If people aren't tipsy by the end of the meal, then they will be as soon as they sniff the cake! :D
    Sealed Pot Challenge #021 #8 975.71 #9 £881.44 #10 £961.13 #11 £782.13 #12 £741.83 #13 £2135.22 #14 £895.53 #15 £1240.40 #16 £1805.87 declared
  • http://www.waitrosedeliver.com/wdeliver/servlet/JSPs/shop/shopping_fs.jsp?siteCode=BI

Click on celebration cakes when you get into the link

Have a look at waitrose celebration cakes, they do some wonderful ones. If you go to the cake counter, they often order cakes in for the next week for the counter display. If you chat the lady up who orders them she should be able to tell you which ones she can request for her counter and will write your name on it and put it by instead.

I have done this several times, it is great.

Personally I love the red roses cake, that looks gorgeous.

Alternatively you could contact a wedding cake maker and ask them if they could fit you in a late notice. It isn't the height of wedding season so you could get one.

Where do you live, I had a great cake maker and probably could fit you in if you are stuck.
  • http://www.charactercreations.co.uk/16253.html

I forgot to say, this company also make some lovely cake toppers of brides and grooms, and if you let them know your notice they should get it out for you in time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure