Cheap Airport Parking: Stansted Airport hints, tips and local parking

Comments

• merlie
    merlie Posts: 70 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    copacabana wrote: »
    Hi, has anyone else has positive experiences with Arival? Really want to book with them, but a little wary because there's only one good feedback message on them so far. Just want to make sure they're genuine! Thanks.

i to am about to book for tomorrow - any news on any experiences
  • Just got back from week's holiday and used Arival. Great service. Use with confidence. Courteous delivery to airport (allow around 10 mins to get there). Smooth pick up. Lots of room for luggage. Very professional operation. Nice touch is that parking is in the grounds of a pub - so we had a quick feed there when we touched down. Much nicer than grabbing something at the airport. So all round A1!!!:j
  • highguyuk
    highguyuk Posts: 2,763 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thumbs up from me for Arival too! Got a bit lost getting there as Sat Nav pointed me in completely the wrong direction (set Sat Nav to Ugley instead of the post code perhaps) but all ok once there.

Bit rushed setting off as they wanted to pick someone else up but nothing major. Very short wait for the return to the car. Had a chat with the co-owner on the way back, seems as though they've had quite a bit of traffic off this site since I posted the link!

Cheap and good. Would use again no problemo!
  • Followed up a tip from this site and arranged one week parking with local resident who has parking for around 20 cars. Turned out to be a real gentleman and provides first class service. Summary as follows:
    1. Book by phone
    2. Received email with full instructions and directions to address
    3. Called approx 30 minutes before arrival as instructed
    4. Arrived at address, he was waiting, parked car, luggage transferred to HIS car
    5. Driven straight to terminal, approx 4 minutes
    6. On return, called him as instructed
    7. He arrived at Terminal with HIS car within 5 minutes
    8. Removed my car from a secure compound, no damage and no extra miles on speedometer
    9. Even handed us two small complimentary bottles of water after flight
    10. The cost for the week was £35

This was a first class service and the owner Ian was really polite and easy to work with, good instuctions and no hold up or problems.

I have no hesitation in recommending his service and repeat the numerous previous recommendations on this site.

Contact Email: [EMAIL="ilr132@btinternet.com"]ilr132@btinternet.com[/EMAIL]

Regards
    Tony
  • david69_2
    david69_2 Posts: 580 Forumite
    ozvaldinho wrote: »
    It's been a couple of years now since I last did it, but here goes...

1. Park in the village of Stansted Mountfitchet, lots of residential streets with no parking restrictions. But PLEASE be courteous and don't block peoples' driveways etc.

2.Jump on the train. The station is right in the middle of the village, and it's 5 minutes and just a couple of quid each way to Stansted.

3. Don't tell anyone it was me who told you.:wink:

I wouldnt fancy leaving my car on a street for 2 weeksspeechless-smiley-040.gif
  • steveo3002
    steveo3002 Posts: 2,731 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    is the parking at the guys home address ?

how secure...secure enough for a fancy car?

do you park it yourself or him ...who keeps the keys?

tonyabacus wrote: »
    Followed up a tip from this site and arranged one week parking with local resident who has parking for around 20 cars. Turned out to be a real gentleman and provides first class service. Summary as follows:
    1. Book by phone
    2. Received email with full instructions and directions to address
    3. Called approx 30 minutes before arrival as instructed
    4. Arrived at address, he was waiting, parked car, luggage transferred to HIS car
    5. Driven straight to terminal, approx 4 minutes
    6. On return, called him as instructed
    7. He arrived at Terminal with HIS car within 5 minutes
    8. Removed my car from a secure compound, no damage and no extra miles on speedometer
    9. Even handed us two small complimentary bottles of water after flight
    10. The cost for the week was £35

This was a first class service and the owner Ian was really polite and easy to work with, good instuctions and no hold up or problems.

I have no hesitation in recommending his service and repeat the numerous previous recommendations on this site.

Contact Email: [EMAIL="ilr132@btinternet.com"]ilr132@btinternet.com[/EMAIL]

Regards
    Tony
  • highguyuk wrote: »
    Well I'll start off!

http://www.arival.co.uk/

£5 per day. Close to Stansted, with 24 hour FREE transfers to the airport. Not used them to give a review yet...

i jused used these guys
    they were fantastic!
    its a pub carpark and out back is a taxi firm who look after your car and take you to air port they are 100% disabled friendly they just need to know how disabled (i.e. do they need the "special van" with chair lift or not) and you let them know when you are due back
    you ring them when you are in baggage claim and they are out front waiting for you
    brilliant and at £5 a night sooo cheap
  • highguyuk wrote: »
    Thumbs up from me for Arival too! Got a bit lost getting there as Sat Nav pointed me in completely the wrong direction (set Sat Nav to Ugley instead of the post code perhaps)

had same prob with sat nav
    when it was obvious we were lost i changed it to street name in the town of ugley it got us there fine
    just a tip for anyone else
  • adaze
    adaze Posts: 623 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Good report from me too. Our flight was at 6.30 and aimed to get there for 4.00 but got a bit lost, as a result they were a bit rushed as they wanted to pick someone else up, did mean that we were over the speed limit, didn't both me, but might bother some. Also the guy took a number of calls on his mobile (no hands free). We had about a 15 minute wait on the return. Overall it was good, they chap was very helpful (and almost orange!) and I would use again, certainly at that price. (Oh and it was just an estate taxi not the bus on the website, but I figured this was due to the time we were travelling)
  • Ruby_Gloom wrote: »
    i jused used these guys
    they were fantastic!
    its a pub carpark and out back is a taxi firm who look after your car and take you to air port they are 100% disabled friendly they just need to know how disabled (i.e. do they need the "special van" with chair lift or not) and you let them know when you are due back
    you ring them when you are in baggage claim and they are out front waiting for you
    brilliant and at £5 a night sooo cheap

Sounds good do you have to leave your keys?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback