Money off coupon 'chat' thread

Comments

• mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Trying to compose an Asda shopping list this morning to use up a £5 odd APG voucher (plus some MOCs if possible) and it is so difficult to find anything with a good enough price difference between Asda and Tesco.

Has anyone any suggestions?
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mickey.p
    mickey.p Posts: 216 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    If anyone has any nestle coupons by any chance Asda currently have some of them for £1.00 and they are £2.09 is Tescos!

Also Oreo 4 mini packs of Cookies are on offer for 50p (for 4) in Asda, Tescos have them for 79p - not the biggest saving but if you have a coupon they could work out as free!

Actimel 12 pack is £2.00 at Asda but £3.85 at Tesco!

Thought this info could be helpful to someone!
  • dasophster
    dasophster Posts: 911 Forumite
    Got a nice few items from Mr S today should have been £42.50 instead was a nice £16.92, most of that down to MOCs. Found a solitary double pack of the new cheapo variety of 'Always' reduced to £1.12 in local S, its not on MyS so not sure if its a new product or one on its way out, but anyway was 12p with coupon. Also got some flash sprays, were 99p so not that good value but still half price, various cans of campbells condensed soups, herbal essences shampoos for 66p each and some more aunt Bessie's. Usual lovely SA was not in, hope she is ok as she always works on Sunday ordinarily but after a quick 'trout scout' decided to go to cheery-looking young male SAs till, he didn't bat an eyelid when I said I was doing two transactions and when some of the SSM MC coupons didn't scan (the same ones causing problems for people in Mr T interestingly enough-just the S variants...) he just put them through as a 'voucher' instead. Very rarely for me, got a couple of huggies till spits; but nothing really to write home about, a mere £1 each off little swimmers and superdry. xx
  • dasophster
    Just done a nice Ocado shop since I didn't order from them since about November they got worried and sent me a personalised code for 1/3 off a £60 shop, so for £40 I got loads of big packs of buxton water, a massive fruit, veg and salad box, nappies, four 1kg containers of ariel stain remover (which I am counting as free as the total value of those was £20) and a few shower gels that were on offer. Am off to Mr S in a few minutes to see if they have the dettol handwash system because its reduced to £5 there now instead of Mr As and although my OH did not take his coupons I printed in his name to ASDA and they are now expired :mad: I managed to print one in my name when I briefly got my old laptop to work and as it was a few days later it is still valid until Wednesday xx
  • traysieh
    traysieh Posts: 98 Forumite
    edited 13 March 2012 at 4:06PM
    hi everyone the ssm l2s vouchers must be getting checked again i had 2 switch from processing to redeemed yesterday and 1 today so 5 in total so far, only 2 more to go hopefully. :):):)

all have changed to redeemed now, very happy.
  • dasophster
    All my SSM rewards are now 'redeemed' my only worry is we are going on holiday in a week for two weeks and I am sure the rewards will be delivered by some type of recorded delivery which they only keep at the post office for a week, not sure what to do, as it said on the site it could take up to a month for them to be delivered anyway, might mention it on their FB page and see what they say....
  • Genmod55
    Genmod55 Posts: 592 Forumite
    dasophster wrote: »
    All my SSM rewards are now 'redeemed' my only worry is we are going on holiday in a week for two weeks and I am sure the rewards will be delivered by some type of recorded delivery which they only keep at the post office for a week, not sure what to do, as it said on the site it could take up to a month for them to be delivered anyway, might mention it on their FB page and see what they say....

When I am going away I tell my local post office especially if I am expecting post to be signed for and they willingly keep it until I get back. Worth a try.
  • dasophster
    edited 13 March 2012 at 11:28PM
    Genmod55 wrote: »
    When I am going away I tell my local post office especially if I am expecting post to be signed for and they willingly keep it until I get back. Worth a try.

Thanks, in this area it gets taken back to a delivery office though, not the post office itself, does that make any difference do you think?

ETA: don't worry I found that royal mail have an official service in this regard called 'keepsake' they say if you sign up for it its set up in 5 working days and it only costs £9.38 for everyone in your household; also they can keep recorded items for 18 days instead of the usual 7
  • I have a ton of SSM Mission Control coupons to use, but they do not specify if you can use more than one coupon on each product. The other SafeCoupons I've used in the past, usually state one per product.

Has anyone had any luck using more than one SSM coupon per product in Tesco?
  • mickey.p
    mickey.p Posts: 216 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I was in Tesco's tonight and they were putting out the New Offers and I spotted Douwe Egberts (not sure I'ce spelt that correctly!) jars - didn't see a price but for those that still have coupons it could be good!

Also they had Bakers Meaty 1kg boxes for £1.90 - so just 40p with the £1.50 Coupons.

I also got a £9.00 off WYS £60.00!

Not amused that I was charged for 4 boxes of cereal that I didn't purchase though!
    I bought just one and 4 of the next item so I'm out of pocket £4.00 - didn't notice until I got home and I narrowly averted disaster - I left my coupon binder in the trolly!!!
    Thankfully the CS woman who is lovely recognised it and called me straight away as I had emailed her a link to here so she had my details! Phew.....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure