PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Soapnuts

Have any of you tried these? I'd never heard of them before.

In A Soapnut Shell

Comments

• Queenie
    Queenie Posts: 8,793 Forumite
    Yes, I have. You only use about half a dozen at a time and you can reuse that same batch for 3 -4 washes (depending how how dirty the wash is).

You need to put them in a small cotton drawstring bag, or a sock (tie a knot in it) or you could use those small netted wash bags that come with the wash blocks (?) anything so long as water will pass through it, but the soap nuts can't fall out of it.

Very environmentally friendly and economical too.

:):)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • shammyjack
    shammyjack Posts: 2,685 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Thanks for this , it may help with my sons allergies to commercial products .

Have just emailed them asking for a very small sample !

shammy
  • shammyjack
    shammyjack Posts: 2,685 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Talk about CS !

Allready had a reply that a sample is on its way , That is service !

shammy
  • mamaoba
    mamaoba Posts: 130 Forumite
    Yup - I work on the theory anything that gets my son's nappies clean must have decnt cleaning power :rotfl:

I have excema and find them really good. I use gloop every now and then to keep the occasional whites wash sparkling as they contain no bleaching agents etc.

I'm an excema sufferer and washing powders used to be the bane of my life. These are great. You reuse them 5 or 6 times till they turn black. A 1kg bag should last about 12 months so they are a great money saver too.
  • cardtart_2
    cardtart_2 Posts: 1,140 Forumite
    I have just e-mailed them to request a sample,hopefully they will do the job.I bet the washing powder companies are trying to keep this one quiet!
    bye hoo
  • ladywood
    ladywood Posts: 113 Forumite
    Yes my sister gave us a little packet in a Christmas hamper - they are fantastic - great for sensitive skin and very effective. We have been trying to find more since we ran out. Thanks for the web link - will order some!
  • AussieLass
    AussieLass Posts: 4,066 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    What a great idea. Will have to google and see if we can get them over here. I've never seen them before.
    Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia. ;)

• Linda32
    Linda32 Posts: 4,385 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've just bought some, thanks very much. They even took paypal so I've paid for them with ebay sales money.

And I though I was going well with a BOGOF washing powder the other day
  • Shez
    Shez Posts: 2,180 Forumite
    I just received my sample of soap nuts today, will try them out later!
  • jaybee
    jaybee Posts: 1,555 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Mine came today as well! I've already done today's washing load so will have try them later in the week. Hope they work!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure