PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Fastline Legal Service SL

Comments

• biggmarkie wrote: »
    Hello Carol and Lisa. It is me my account got closed I think because I never use it. Unfortunately I am quite ill at the moment but I did hear from Fastline legal Services 2 weeks ago and they have confirmed that my case has won and that I should hear about receiving compensation within 8 weeks. This has come at the right time as I can now concentrate on getting better. I will let you know as soon as I get my money.

Mark, do not believe a word they say when it comes to timescales. It took 22months and 8 days for my compensation to reach me from money lost to Inside Track SL. When they notify you that its been successful, with all the red tape, it can still take 8-9 months. I also had to chase them a lot for updates and my payment was in Euros not pounds, which I was told, so lost some on conversion. They phoned me last week to see if I wanted to do the 2nd case but I said I would look around to see if It can be done quicker. If I find a quicker way will pass info on. Good luck but I think you should plan on getting your compensation next year.
  • Hello, I have to say this is all new to me, but I hope I am doing this right! i feel it necessary to make you aware of my situation. I came to the decision to use Fastline Legal some time ago and I have been very pleased with their service, reading the messages above my particular case didnt involve the purchase of a property it was of the purchase of a timeshare and the subsiquent Club cl"!!!" membership that i got tricked into purchasing. It turns out that the laws were on my side and with the help of Fastline I have been able to bring the whole sorry affair to a satifactory end. I would be happy to share my experience with other people who have been tricked in a similar fashion, I am sure there a hundreds if not thousands out there. I intend to go out to see Fastline and thank them in person, i didnt think I would ever go back to Spain, so thank you Fastline.
  • To my knowledge there is only one company that has taken timeshare developers to court and won, and they are based in Gran Canaria. If you need to check the credentials of anybody who claims to be a lawyer ask for court papers from cases they have won and check with the courts in Spain or the relevant law societies. Also make sure you can contact the lawyers themselves and check their credentials.

There are a number of scams at the moment where people are duped into believing there is a court case happening on their behalf. They are then told that they have won the case. They are asked to transfer a payment to cover tax .... then .... nothing!

As with anything, do your due diligence and make sure you are dealing with a reputable organisation with a track record. Even better, take the number of the lawyers to a local solicitor and ask them to check them out. Better to be safe than sorry.
    Hello Carol and Lisa. It is me my account got closed I think because I never use it. Unfortunately I am quite ill at the moment but I did hear from Fastline legal Services 2 weeks ago and they have confirmed that my case has won and that I should hear about receiving compensation within 8 weeks. This has come at the right time as I can now concentrate on getting better. I will let you know as soon as I get my money.

I am so sorry to hear that you are unwell, hope that you get better soon. I believe that we get ill from all the stress as this has been a nightmare for me as I am sure for you. I am glad that you have had a success and I am sure that it won't take much longer for you to be paid. I still have a long wait. Keep me posted please.
  • To my knowledge there is only one company that has taken timeshare developers to court and won, and they are based in Gran Canaria. If you need to check the credentials of anybody who claims to be a lawyer ask for court papers from cases they have won and check with the courts in Spain or the relevant law societies. Also make sure you can contact the lawyers themselves and check their credentials.

There are a number of scams at the moment where people are duped into believing there is a court case happening on their behalf. They are then told that they have won the case. They are asked to transfer a payment to cover tax .... then .... nothing!

As with anything, do your due diligence and make sure you are dealing with a reputable organisation with a track record. Even better, take the number of the lawyers to a local solicitor and ask them to check them out. Better to be safe than sorry.

This is exactly what I thought when they first contacted me but I can tell you that they did provide their own lawyer details so I could perform my own checks. I did do this. After the experience that I, and others had, with MRI and their bogus claim company do you think that I would be stupid enough to not to do checks. I checked her on the bar association then contacted her direct for confirmation, I then checked that they are a bone fide legal company before I went ahead. I had everything in writing. I have not heard that any one has had to pay tax. I have read that compensation can take longer in some cases. If you read my earlier post you will find that it took some time and extra paperwork from my lender, as they declined my case on the first assessment, before I could prove that I had lost my money.
    I understand that you wish to make people aware so that they do not get mis led but who are you? Do you have a case? Do you work for this firm in the Gran Canaria? Why would only 1 law firm be able to take a case to Court? (I believed the company in Durham was independent but found out that they were part of MRI) You have made other posts but not in reference to this thread so can I ask where your other posts have been posted and which subject. We also have to be aware that some firms are trying to gain business.

Hello Mark, I hope you are well again soon, its not serious I hope! Why are we posting on 2 threads?
    I have not heard from Fastline in a while so I have called them today. I spoke with Donna and she said not to worry all is on track and that she will and me an email which I have received. It is good that you have won but from the reports it still takes a while to process. Let me know how you get on. I am also dealing with an insurance claim for our static caravan that got washed away in the flood. It is a total write off but they are trying to wriggle out of paying out the cost of a new one. Its just over 2 years old and we spent a lot on the outside wooden terrace and steps. I keep thinking why us. Anyway you get well and keep me updated.
  • It's May 2014 Not heard anything for a while regarding Fastline legal Malaga who are claiming to be able to get compensation for mis-selling against McAnthony for an upfront fee of £950. Any successful claims out there against MRI?
    Hi
    I'm new to this forum and I've not read any posts for a while regarding Fastline legal Malaga who are claiming to be able to get compensation for mis-selling against McAnthony in Bansko Bulgria for an upfront fee of £950. Do you know of any successful claims out there against MRI? I am trying to decide whether to risk the £950 or not
  • Hi All.

I like many others lost money through MRI and I had written this off many years ago. However I was called at the weekend by Litigation Services Malaga, saying I could get my money back. I need to pay about £240 up front to the courts and they take 5%.

This seems cheaper than the other company here but no one had written about Litigation Services Malaga. One google search said to beware. I lost over £20,000 so this does seem a small price to pay regardless of the wait, but am so worried about throwing good money after bad.

Any more advice would be appreciated

THanks
  • benjus
    benjus Posts: 5,433 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    hmmm... I wonder if eliot3333 is really a customer of Fastline - or an employee. His written English certainly has a Spanish "accent" to it... Of course Fast Line may have Spanish customers, but their website is entirely in English so their target clients are obviously English property buyers.
    Let's settle this like gentlemen: armed with heavy sticks
    On a rotating plate, with spikes like Flash Gordon
    And you're Peter Duncan; I gave you fair warning
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills