~*~ Thrifty Gifty Moneysaving Thread for Christmas and all Occasions 2012 ~*~

Comments

• 7roland8
    7roland8 Posts: 3,601 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi - new to this.
    Have done a private blog for myseLf listing what items I have bought alreaDy and also all those who I give Christmas/Birthdaygifts for - also checked my box of cards and listed what I have spent (on paper/cards/some ites form QVC) - so although I have spend about £5 each it was all bargains and now I have most stuff taking me up to Christmas 2012 - unless lots of bargains piop up in the sales - but only cheap items.
    Great opportunities to help others seldom come, but small ones surround us every day. -- Sally Koch
  • elysia2003
    elysia2003 Posts: 5,155 Forumite
    Woo hoo - Welcome everyone.

Just off out now but popping in to say - Marks' have cheap wrapping paper £1 for 4M, nice quality stuff (I bought 15 rolls) but Sainsbugs have 4M for 59p, so I bought some of that too. ;) They do collect at store, so if you have one local, buy it on the internet, and collect it later if you don't need to go. Beats all the rushing around. :)

I've just got enough time to say - Hiya to any newbies who've asked for the spreadsheet. Don't be shy, we're all in the same boat. We all need to save for next year. Come on join in, we are all really friendly, helpful and supportive. I'll send the spreadsheets when I get back. :)

Byeeeeee - have fun in the sales.
    I :heartpuls M.S.E.
    :DMortgage Free 18/01/10 13 years and 8 months early on a 20 year mortgage! :D
  • rufusdog52
    rufusdog52 Posts: 3,972 Forumite
    Morning everyone

We had the most loveliest day ever yesterday, I hope everyone else had a fab Christmas Day too. Lovely to see the new thread up and running already, thank you Elysia. Cant wait to get started for this year and to start it off on a good note I had an email this morning from someone wanting a cushion commissioned so fingers crossed that comes off.

Off out visiting the family today so have a lovely day to you all.

Rufus xx (PS I have written this post using my shiny new laptop Yay!!)
  • Woohoo, thanks for our shiny new thread Elysia, it's so exciting!!! :j

I am so onboard and ready to start the money making again, I think this will be my 4th year :D. Yep, I just checked, I was in the class of 2009, 2010, 2011 and now 2012! It gets better (and even more fun) every year so I can't wait to see what I earn this year.

Hello and welcome to the new members who have posted, and to all those who are reading but haven't taken the plunge to say hello yet ;). Come on, don't be shy. The best way to get the most from this thread is to join in as much as possible. I find it really motivates me and has helped me make Christmas 2011 (and some birthdays) totally money neutral :)

Rufus - I'm so glad you got your new laptop for Christmas! Excellent news on the cushion too, great start to the year.
    Making money for Christmas 2012!
  • I'm going to leave sale shopping for the time being. Packing today for the in-law visit, and sorting out what the kids got, and taking the dog over to my parents house for a holiday. I'm a little worried about that, as they put their dogs in a walled off area to go to the loo, and he managed to escape twice yesterday in the five hours we were there by jumping clean over the wall. None of the other 5 do that, so it was really unexpected.

I'm quite tired today.I hope there is chance of some sleep somewhere along the line.

I'm a nutter and wrote 2 new reviews yesterday when DH was watching telly last night. I can't see me getting online when we are away, and still want to make the most of the promo if I can. There are not many people about though over there.
  • Legendmum
    Legendmum Posts: 2,833 Forumite
    My house is like a bomb site and Connor is more interested in playing his wii games than most of the toys he has! May pop it all back in the attic for his birthday! Haha! Popped to Tesco and Matalan but nothing much of interest so going to browse the sales online as its raining and I dont fancy dragging myself let alone Connor round the shops!

Oh and Rufus soooo glad you got your lappy! Nickybo keep us updated and Elysia dont spend too much!
    :xmassmile**New** Thrifty Gifty Money Making for Christmas and all occasions 2012**:xmassmile
    Member No. 11 of Happy Chappy's Clip Strip Club! ;):dance:
  • Yay, count me in for Thrifty Gifty 2012:j

Am not going sales shopping in store, but have ordered a few bits online from John Lewis. I may venture in later in the week though.

Welcome to all the newbies, I joined this time last year and made £700 in 2011, so am hoping to do the same again and have a stress free Christmas in 2012.

Good luck everyone - am raring to go and have two weeks to make a head start before uni goes back :p:D
    Not buying unnecessary toiletries 2024 13/53 UU, 11 IN
  • brudie25
    brudie25 Posts: 334 Forumite
    Hi :) I'm looking forward to joining for the first time. I need to save as much as poss as need the money for our Florida holiday next year! We are going in November so The extra cash will be really handy for christmas.
  • emmad5689
    emmad5689 Posts: 1,117 Forumite
    Rufus - great news on the laptop!
    Nicky - no appearence yet then!!

Asda sale isn't very good for kids n xmas stuff, I got a few packs of cards to put away but they reckon they totally sold out of wraqpping paper so none in our store and the kids clothes are just things that haven't sold ie 4 rails of one tshirt pack!! managed to get a couple of pairs of jeans to put away for youngest.
    Matalan is great loads of dressing gowns and thick pjs so got some for next year but nothing in the eldest size, there were people there with massive trolleys of clothes!
    At my mams today with all the family we didn't see yesterday and then back at work tomorro, hoping to get a couple more reviews sorted on wed and thurs when i'm off as it'll be my last chance in the promo.
    Hope you are all well.

ETA - Wecome to the newbies jump in and ask if you need anything everyone is really friendly xx
    To get to Disneyland Florida 2016
  • Yay shiny new thread! I'm definitely in again for next year, even if it's not money neutral every penny counts! Hello to any newbies :beer:

I hit my local town this morning, asda was rubbish, just got a couple of tops for DD, xmas stuff was on one tiny little bit of shelf. Boots was rubbish, nothing I fancied. Then that was pretty much all that was open, I wanted card factory to be open to get wrapping paper but no such luck. Did pick up a new pushchair for DD in argos since she broke her old one... paid all of it with vouchers :D

Hope everyone has had a lovely xmas, ours was fab, DD was spoilt rotton by nanny! Now I need to find a home for it... Was a bit tearful last night cos she went to bed mega early as she was so tired, and I was all lonely and not much on tv. Is it just me or has xmas tv this year been really pants?!

Anywayyyy! Here's to a money neutral 2012 (hopefully!) :beer:
    Making money for christmas 2012
    :santa2:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills