Stairlift problems

2»

Comments

• Parva
    Parva Posts: 1,104 Forumite
    So if we had called Companion we could have had the same stairlift with the same warranty fit by the same engineers for £500 less, what a con, Age uk are supposed to be helping the elderly! how does this help my mum by taking £500 more for the same product, totally disgusting, wish I had gone to Stannah.
    <Much snipped>

I've said this before, it's like buying a new car. You buy it, it does what it's intended and you only feel pee'd off when you discover that another dealer could have done the same car cheaper. I appreciate that it's somewhat bad form for AgeUK but ultimately you got what you paid for and were happy until you discovered that you could have saved more by going elsewhere.
  • There is nothing wrong with purchasing a second hand stairlift and it is perfectly understandable in today's struggling economy however it might be better to seek a reconditioned stairlift or rental stairlift from an actual supplier as you have the guarantee that should a breakdown occur you will remain protected at all costs.
  • Richie-from-the-Boro
    Richie-from-the-Boro Posts: 6,945 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 25 February 2013 at 2:41PM
    Tracy1H wrote: »
    I agree Lesley. Where I got my Mums from, Spam~Stairlifts, they have reconditioned ones for sale. I'd rather have it professionally fitted and know my Mum was safe and not stranded as it didn;t work properly.

- spam
    - new poster dredging up all posts
    - 4 posts in 15 minutes all selling warez
    - all with the 'spamming' company name
    - hit the spam button please folks

I'm all for anyone offering help to the disabled & vulnerable, even first time posters. I assume anyone sitting at their computer doesn't just by chance come across a thread on MSE about 'stairlifts' but actually searches the World Wide Web for the word stair lift for a very specific reason. It's strange how many first time posters are here to help people with star lifts - such as this one one that was here [but pulled by the moderators].

In this case 'Tracy1H', another brand new poster is offering help to anyone on the condition they go off the board and away from the safety and scrutiny the board we users, and its moderators offer. Its entirely possible that 'Tracy1H' is a nice genuine person - its equally possible s/he is just here touting for business and money by getting people into private messaging or another website, I don't know, you don't know, no one knows.

NOTE: There are many vulnerable people on this board who might just be enticed off forum and out of view to the dark murky unseen and unsafe world of the interwibble in response to an invitation from a complete stranger. Don't do this, protect yourself by posting openly in the forum - if in doubt ask for a moderator or email the MSE team for advice before you go to private messaging and especially before you hand over any private details.

Do not give any personal details to Tracy1H, do not give address or telephone numbers to Tracy1H and never ever give bank account details to Tracy1H.
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
  • get it serviced properly is my advice
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport