12 Issues of Radio Times for £1

Comments

• darkrev
    darkrev Posts: 478 Forumite
    i had to do the promo code thing too by adding a gift then removing or all i would have got is 4 issues ! thanks OP x
    Thank you to all the money savers:beer: for all the wisdom, companionship, bargains, competitions and ideas:T you have made a transformation to our household, Thank you, it would have been so much harder without you and together we are amazing :A:smileyhea
  • meerustar
    meerustar Posts: 8,560 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks OP.

I have used this offer about 4 or 5 times over the years with no problems. Just remember to cancel once they have taken the £1. :)

I usually send them an email and cancel the DD on internet banking. HTH
  • SophieCat
    SophieCat Posts: 233 Forumite
    edited 19 June 2012 at 5:19PM
    Am stuck on the Payment & Delivery page. There's no option to move forward, only a 'Previous Step' button ..... help! ;)

Edit: Got it to work... just did For Myself instead of For Someone Else
  • SophieCat
    SophieCat Posts: 233 Forumite
    Hmm, seems they are now cancelling subscriptions part-way through the offer. See here: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/12-issues-radio-times-for-1-1245603

Explains why my copy didn't arrive this week. I, too, received the standard 'your bank account details were returned' message. They weren't & having just checked my bank account, the direct debit is still showing.
  • When my mother didn't receive her Radio Times this week I called yesterday to enquire as to why. I was told it wasn't a genuine offer as I had got it through a third party website - this is in spite of receiving a letter from Immediate Media confirming the offer and agreeing the Direct Debit.

I was told I should have received an e-mail informing me of this but I quite obviously didn't as I wouldn't have been calling them if I had.

I was offered 4 issues for a pound but declined due to what I view as the very poor manner Immediate Media have displayed in handling the situation.

Had they had the courtesy to e-mail BEFORE the second issue was due I would have accepted and continued with the subscription indefinitely but the way they handled the situation has put both myself and my mother off.
    Sealed Pot Challenge 2010 - member 402 :)

• mum26
    mum26 Posts: 1,485 Forumite
    They have cancelled mine too, I have had several different reasons from both companies:

a) the direct debit didn't set up properly (it has, I can see it on my online banking)

b) The direct debit didn't pay out on time (it's not due til the 14/7, and they have not attempted to take it yet, internet banking shows me pending transactions)

c)I shouldn't have used the code, it was an email invite one only and I quote from buysubscriptions email :

" Unfortunately, the offer code that you have used (insert code) – with the offer - 12 issues for £1 is reserved exclusively for recipients of a personally ..."

copy and pasting much?

Haven't they agreed to the offer when they have set up the direct debit and sent the letters out? Surely they could have set the website up to not accept the code if not valid, like virtually every other website does?
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    My 3rd copy did not arrive, they are usually delivered on a Tueday, so I emailed them yesterday and got the following reply:
    "Thank you for your email regarding Radio Times magazine.

We ask that you please allow until tomorrow for the issue to arrive.

If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards

Emma Longhurst
    Email Response Team
    Radio Times Magazine
    Tel: +44 (0) 844 848 9729
    Fax: +44 (0) 1795 414555
    www.buysubscriptions.com/radiotimes"

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• funnyguy
    funnyguy Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    We are all in the same boat here.Was beginning to thinx someone in the post office sorting office was having a read,till the belated email came this morning.Still suppose we got x2 free copies out of them.Back to'Whats on TV ' magazine again.
  • shortone
    shortone Posts: 383 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Me too! Got an email yesterday to say my name was not on their list for the code to have been sent so so they were unable to process my order :cry:

Oh well, better luck next time - to all of us

xx
  • mum26
    mum26 Posts: 1,485 Forumite
    The thing is lots of us didn't actually input the code at all, it was an offer that was available on the website...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure