Upgrading to Annual Pass - Legoland

Hi all - I am taking the kids to Legoland this week and also the following week and need to do it as cheaply as possible - I know the annual pass upgrade is available from £10 once inside but are all tickets upgradeable?
I have BOGOF vouchers but I suspect that the 'free' ticket will not be eligible for an upgrade...
If I buy tickets from lastminute.com or buyagift will they be upgradeable or have that horrible message that 'this ticket is not eligible for annual pass upgrade...'?
I don't want to book tickets then find out that I can't change them for the annual pass or I'll have to pay for more tickets the following week...
Anyone have any experience of this?

Comments

• wjmroberst
    wjmroberst Posts: 14 Forumite
    Hi, I work at Legoland but not at the admissions place, I am not sure on the answer to that but you should just be able to pay the difference but knowing Legoland it won't be that easy. You should play it safe and buy tickets in the park then at the end of the day after you have been to all the attractions go to the annual pass room at the top of the park to upgrade. You can upgrade to either a basic or full annual pass. A basic one is much cheaper but you can't use it on special events or school holidays or nearly all weekends however if you pay even more you can get a full one where you can use all the time. Check out the Legoland website for more information about them.
  • MeAllOver
    MeAllOver Posts: 23
    First Post
    Forumite
    I nearly always get a day ticket with Tesco points and upgrade to an annual pass once there. I would guess that this is possible however you purchase the day pass in the first place. But, please don't take my word for it!
  • firework
    firework Posts: 246 Forumite
    I am also trying to get to legoland as cheap as poss. does anyone know how much it costs to upgrade to a full annual pass from a day pass purchased via tesco clubcard deals?

have also tried to find cheapest means of transport/hotel as we live in county durham so would need to get coach or train there and have an overnight stay. can it be done cheaply i wonder.

we are two adults and one child, and already have £20.50 in tesco clubcard vouchers ready to convert to deal so only enough for 2 day passes or one annual pass. any help / advice would be greatly appreciated - have been trying to get this trip off the ground since last year, but going nowhere so far.

cheers.
    credit card debt at LBM Nov 2006 £11,300:eek:
    credit card debt now £0000000000000!!! :j

Debt free at 40! - I made it !!

DFW NERD No . 1158 & Proud to be dealing with my debts.
  • wjmroberst
    wjmroberst Posts: 14 Forumite
    I suggest you look at this site for booking a holiday as they have several good deals that will help you :)http://www.legolandhotels.co.uk/
  • bluu2k
    bluu2k Posts: 127
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    spikesmam wrote: »
    Hi all - I am taking the kids to Legoland this week and also the following week and need to do it as cheaply as possible - I know the annual pass upgrade is available from £10 once inside but are all tickets upgradeable?
    I have BOGOF vouchers but I suspect that the 'free' ticket will not be eligible for an upgrade...
    If I buy tickets from lastminute.com or buyagift will they be upgradeable or have that horrible message that 'this ticket is not eligible for annual pass upgrade...'?
    I don't want to book tickets then find out that I can't change them for the annual pass or I'll have to pay for more tickets the following week...
    Anyone have any experience of this?

Hi,

We were in your position last week and managed through :) Our experience was using Tesco Clubcard points to buy for adults only, as they don't offer cheaper price for children and seniors, which might get better off with airmiles and Nectar points.

We had one child, two adults and one senior (60+).

For two adults, we used Tesco clubcard points to order 2 FULL annual passes for 16.75pounds each. (Link for more details)

For the child and our mum, we ordered two day passes from Airmiles, 270miles each (Link here), then successfully upgrade these to FULL annual passes for 25 pounds each. If you need basis pass only, the upgrade fee is 10 pounds.

I would say extra 15quids worth well as with basis pass, you can't get in during almost all school holidays and weekends.

A friend of mine bought one ticket at gate and used a Tesco 1-free admission voucher to get her and her child in on same day with us. However, they could get only one annual pass upgraded for the paid ticket, not the 'free' one. Her fully paid one could be upgraded to either Adult or Child annual pass at different rate (25 for child, and 32 for adult pass)

I am not sure if you could upgrade your day tickets ordered with Nectar or Tesco points but they T&C says NO to discount tickets. Afraid that these implied to lastminutes.com and buyagift.com

From our own experience, there's no way a kid could finish Legoland in one day, especially during peak days where queuing would consume most of the time there. Thus, annual pass or upgradable passes make much more sense, even you plan to visit the site only two or three times.

Cheers,
  • bluu2k
    bluu2k Posts: 127
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    firework wrote: »
    I am also trying to get to legoland as cheap as poss. does anyone know how much it costs to upgrade to a full annual pass from a day pass purchased via tesco clubcard deals?

have also tried to find cheapest means of transport/hotel as we live in county durham so would need to get coach or train there and have an overnight stay. can it be done cheaply i wonder.

we are two adults and one child, and already have £20.50 in tesco clubcard vouchers ready to convert to deal so only enough for 2 day passes or one annual pass. any help / advice would be greatly appreciated - have been trying to get this trip off the ground since last year, but going nowhere so far.

cheers.

Here is extract of small prints from Legoland leaflet:

"Upgrade prices shown based on a full priced entry ticket upgraded to an Annual Pass on the same day of visiting. To qualify for upgrade, day tickets must have a value and must be surrendered upon request and on the day of visiting. Complementary tickets do not qualify for upgrade price."

My Airmiles vouchers were exchanged to day passes with no value on it, just "Airmile voucher exchange" or something like that--upgraded successfully (see my post above). Thus, this type of tickets should be deemed "full-price paid" I would say. Therefore, I think day passes Tesco deals will be treated same way (Just my guess though!!!)

The upgrade prices are:
    • To basis annual pass: adult 14, child/senior 10
    • To full annual pass: adult 32, child/senior 25.
    Would you consider:
    • Book 1 annual pass with Tesco Deal: 16.75.
    • Buy 1 adult full price on gate, 35
    • Use 1 Paid One Get One Free voucher (search this forum. Otherwise, spend 10 pounds in-store with Tesco and they will give you one).
    Then your family of three will have a great day together at Legoland.

Then, upgrade the day ticket to child annual pass for your little one (25). Now, your 16.75 ponds in Tesco CC and 59 pounds in real money/cash will buy you one full annual adult- and one full child-pass.

Then, save up Tesco CC points to purchase another ticket for the adult left behind. While saving, one of you can still take the child to the site whenever you/the child. The reason is I would not want to get risk of being unable to upgrade with Tesco deal's day pass, and more important, is your child, not you or your OH, is the one desperate to visit there again and again :o

Cheers,
  • firework
    firework Posts: 246 Forumite
    thanks so much for straightening all that out for me! i just could not get my head round it at all. good news is i got one of those "free voucher for a day out" vouchers recently (which i had forgotten about - doh! ) so will use clubcard vouchers for annual pass, pay for a day pass and take ds for free. cheers.
    credit card debt at LBM Nov 2006 £11,300:eek:
    credit card debt now £0000000000000!!! :j

Debt free at 40! - I made it !!

DFW NERD No . 1158 & Proud to be dealing with my debts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure